Hardcore Sledder banner

Best Aftermarket Skid

6K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  Litre1000 
#1 ·
Gonna be buying a new 136" skid here this summer for pro xr 800, wondering whats gonna be best trail cost country skid?,or would u just put orginal underneath,give me some options thanks

#2 ·
136" Edge skid with good/great shocks, it will make a huge difference in suspension quality, MPH and transfer. You do have to modify your front A arm location for the Edge skid but it isn't that difficult. Big improvement for anything out side of JUMPING HOUSES even then the Edge skid is very good.
Good luck,

#9 ·
yea i always had 144+ rmk sks skids and do not like the riding,i never had newer type sled than 05 polaris tho so not sure what newer skids are like but i do mostly bumpy trail/cross country riding my way,i still want 136" but better riding skid

#15 ·
It all comes down to the $$$$, the Fast M20 seems (I have never ridden one) like it has all the attributes of a very good skid,,, $1500+ dollars would make it out of reach for me. Good suggestion from snodust however as this M20 is a huge step up from the M10,,, but at that price I would want to try / ride one first.
Cheers.

#16 · (Edited)
What type of riding do you do? a M-10 is a awesome skid... and when set up and dialed correctly it will most likely give you the best ride you have ever had over stutter bumps especially in a 136" length.... and there are lot's of them around for a fair price. You can also upgrade any standard M-10 with Air Assault shocks whitch will help give the skid a broader range in where it works well without adjusting and more resistance to the g-out. If you want to spend more money jump up into a Airwave/M-20 suspension, it is the latest and greatest from the great mind of Gerard Karpik @ Team Fast and the next generation of the M-10. Some are quick to bash M-10s but like I said setup is cruicial to your weight and not many skids today can match the magic carpet ride you can get out of a well dialed M-10.

#17 ·
thanks for all the input guys,like i said mostly trial/cross country riding style,half the season the main trail that i use never gets groomed that often so its gets kinda bumpy at times so i usally head off the trail to make it it easier,but my old gen 2 rmk and edge rmks/sks 144+ skids where not made for that,i basically stand up for the whole trip,i have my pro xr 800 down to just tunnel and tore down motor no seat or skid left ect,so getting my options for what skid and seat to put back on er if i dont send motor away for performance package ill buy a complete tuned motor to drop in

#19 ·
Not to offend anyone but I have ridden M10 skids, it is great under 50 mph but that is it.
They are a very smooth ride and offer a lot in comfort at this speed, but once the MPH increase the M10 can not compare. The BLADE is a different animal, i just could not see picture a Pro X with a M10 in the back, they are not a match.

#20 ·
Ditto, the m-10 almost killed me many a times, bunch of us tried it, we all got rid of them. They have no place in the '' aggressive trail riding"" speed.

#26 ·
I could remember one trip up in quebec in late spring riding a trail section out in the bush. We were going 50 mph plus at the time and hit an ice bridge that had washed out badly. I was leading with little time to react so i just went into a crouch and pinned it while sliding back on the seat and pulling on the bars as i braced myself slamming over the 10' wide ditch. My sled with an edge chassis made it over with no ill effects. We had a couple guys with a ski-doo/m-10 and a yamaha rx-1 not so lucky having to spend a bunch of time hauling their sleds out of the brook below and fixing them afterwards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.