Hardcore Sledder banner

motor mounts

18K views 50 replies 10 participants last post by  ..Sledhead24-7.. 
#1 ·
So after I did some digging it looks like my front pto side motor mount is toast when you rev the motor up to 5 or 6k rpms it lifts and slightly twists the motor up, so how hard is it to replace them?

#3 ·
Fronts aren't too bad, new mounts and maybe some torque arms to help hold it in place.

#4 ·
Is there anyone that makes torque arms for the top all I've seen is for 700 and 800's

#7 ·
Here's a list I posted on my local site years ago. It'll get you all you need without having to buy every single part from your Polaris Dealer.

Quote:
2004 Pro XR 440
Part# - Description - Amount Needed
1 - 7517632 - Bolt, washer and nut - 2 (Check out the size of the holes that are drilled near the shock tower, and get properly sized ones at a Hardware store)
2 - 1013777 - Front Torque Stop Bracket - 1 (Get This at a Polaris Dealer)
3 - 7518061 - Bolt - 1 (Get This at a Polaris Dealer)
4 - 7542401 - Hex Nut - 2 (Get these at a hardware store, bring the above part to make sure they fit on it)
5 - 7542439 - Nylok Nut - 1 (Get at a hardware store, to fit Part #9)
6 - 7555823 - Washer - 1 (Get at a hardware store, to fit over Part #9)
7 - 3021411 - Torque Limiter - 1 (Get at a Polaris Dealer)
8 - 5246537 - Torque Limiter Bracket - 1 (Get at a Polaris Dealer)
9 - 7512404 - Bolt - 1 (Get at a hardware store, to fit through Part #7 and #8)
10 - 7516730 - Bolt and Washer - 2 (Get at a hardware store, I believe the bolts are M8 x 1 to fit your block)

And a parts breakaway to show you how it goes together:

Any questions, just ask.

#8 ·
Motor mounts are very easy!! I've done many. for a 600, you don't really need any more torque stops than the stock one behind the clutches. if you've never done motor mounts. Replace all 4. You gotta pull the motor out. Takes about 30 minutes to pull the motor.

They are cheap, do them all, then they are done!

#13 ·
Go with the regular 65 Durometer Polaris mounts, not the tougher ones (90 Durometer) they actually seem to shred easier. Polaris Part Number is 3021244.

I'd strongly advise going with the additional torque arm on the front clutch side of the motor as well. For what it is, it saves headaches. I repeatedly tore motor mounts in my sled after clutching, to the point where I had 3 of 4 torn in one trip, until I installed the arm. Just my experience, but it works, I haven't torn one since (2000 miles or so?)

Also, if replacing all the mounts, be sure your clutches are aligned, or you'll be eating belts up quickly as well. Been down that road too haha.

#15 ·
Any I couldn't spin out with a pair of channel lock pliers, I took a larger flat head screwdriver placed on the edges of the mount and used a hammer to rotate it loose, then took it the rest of the way with the channel locks.

#18 ·
take a mount to the auto parts store. Buy a piece of exhaust pipe that ID is the same OD of the mount (not including tabs). Cut the notches with a dremmel or hacksaw. I drilled four holes in the top at every 90 deg. to slide a long screwdriver in...you have the above tool cheap.

#19 ·
So new issue.. Got the mount to turn but after it loosens up a little it moves back in fourth when you whack it to spin it, and for around 30 min i was turning it and it still hasnt came out... What now

#29 ·
Where is the plate exactly? And everyone says get a plate but i have yet to find one for a 600 pro x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.