snow hawk parts - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Specialty Sleds Blade, Redline, CMX, Tison, SnoHawk, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2010, 12:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Hello all, i am looking into buying a snow hawk. i was wondering if thoes who have them can give me any insight about parts and availability.
are the parts hard to get, and are the super expensive like yamaha parts?
the snow hawks look like a good deal for a motocrosser looking to get out and rip in the snow.
any info is greatly appreciated thanks in advance.
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2010, 08:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Getting parts for them is no problem. AD Boivin, the manuafacturer, is still in business and supplying parts to their dealers or directly to the public. AD Boivin is presently focused on Explorer kits, which converts a dirtbike into a snowmachine, and light weight aftermarket sled suspensions. Mechanically, it's a SkiDoo drivetrain. Additionally many individuals have developed their own upgrade parts and supply them to the Hawk community.

There is an annual gathering of Snowhawk enthusiasts called HawkFest. This year it's in Cooke City, MT, Feb 18-21, 2011.

Snowhawks are exactly the machine for a guy with a motorcross background. Your going to absolutely love it. I've ridden sleds for 20 years, but probably will never go back, having discovered snowhawks last year.

Where are you located and what type of riding will you be doing, trail or mountian? Just as with a sled you have to have a machine set up properly for the application.
Thunderhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement