Tuner Skis - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Apex / Vector / Rx1 This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2009 APEX LTX
Previous Sled(s): 2002 Polaris 600 XC
Favorite Riding Area: UP
12-13 Mileage: 3K
11-12 Mileage: 2.5K
10-11 Mileage: 2K
Riding Since: 1976
Default Tuner Skis

Greetings,

I just came back from putting 650 miles on my 09 Apex LTX with new Yami Tuner skis with 2" and 4" carbides. I wish I could say great things about these ski's but unfortunatley I cannot. The darting was better than stock but not nearly as good as my stock skis with Bergstroms. The first 20 mins into the ride I had a two foot rooster tail coming off my right ski. Somehow the middle outside edge of the ski beneath the spindle was missing a chunk the size of a quarter. I have no idea what I hit but in 35 years of sledding I never lost a chunk of ski on a non-leading edge.

I would like to hear some results from the populace on these new skis and your carbide set. I hate to piss away dead presidents on a replacement ski and another four carbides. Anybody else try these new skis and what are your thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks for your time
BEEZERWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 14 Viper RTX SE Turbo & 15 Viper RTX SE Turbo
Previous Sled(s): SC 08 Fx Nytro rtx / 03 Viper /01 SRX/00 SXR/ Sno Scoot
Favorite Riding Area: Cadillac / N. Michigan
13-14 Mileage: 3400
12-13 Mileage: 2600
11-12 Mileage: 1475
10-11 Mileage: 890
Riding Since: 1993

i love the tuners...but like you was running oem yamaha 4" and 2" after 20 miles the carbide was completely broken out of the 2'', then after 100 miles the 4'' were also broke out, (conditions were good too) so my buddy at powersports unlimited, warranteed them.... he got me 4'' and 4'' woodys..... 450 miles on them, they still look good, but they wear in the back where there is no carbide or wear there should be a flat carbide pad... I have noticed some small dents and chunks, but i paid $59 a ski so im not really pissed
qtip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Advanced Member

About the same results. I had 4 and 6's carbide gone, the backs over half gone in less than 700 miles. I asked dealer for help from yamaha. We'll see.
choochoofusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtip View Post
i love the tuners...but like you was running oem yamaha 4" and 2" after 20 miles the carbide was completely broken out of the 2'', then after 100 miles the 4'' were also broke out, (conditions were good too) so my buddy at powersports unlimited, warranteed them.... he got me 4'' and 4'' woodys..... 450 miles on them, they still look good, but they wear in the back where there is no carbide or wear there should be a flat carbide pad... I have noticed some small dents and chunks, but i paid $59 a ski so im not really pissed
where did you get them for that
Advertisement