Seat - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Apex / Vector / Rx1 This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2010, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I have an '04 RX Warrior LE and want to put a higher seat than the stock one. The stock is soft and comforatable but not high enough so you don't have to sit crouched. If l can get one to fit is like those on the F series or even like the newer Polaris sleds that would be great. I rode my buddies F8 today and really liked his seat especially the position of it. Sitting on it your almost standing which makes it much more comfortable for bumpy trails. Anybody have any ideas on seats that would work for my sled without much modifying?
Peko30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2010, 10:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have an '04 RX Warrior LE and want to put a higher seat than the stock one. The stock is soft and comforatable but not high enough so you don't have to sit crouched. If l can get one to fit is like those on the F series or even like the newer Polaris sleds that would be great. I rode my buddies F8 today and really liked his seat especially the position of it. Sitting on it your almost standing which makes it much more comfortable for bumpy trails. Anybody have any ideas on seats that would work for my sled without much modifying?[/b]
apex seat..
ceckrx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
apex seat..[/b]
Thanks for the reply, but want to also know 2 things. 1) Is the size, length or mounting of of the Apex seat different for a 136" track compared to that of a 121"? 2) Does it matter what year of Apex seat? What l meant is are all the Apex seats the same from one year to the next or are they different as far as how high they are? What about the rear light set up?
Old 02-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2011 Apex SE
Previous Sled(s): Apexs',Viper, Vmax, 79Srx,67Olympic
Favorite Riding Area: out the front door
13-14 Mileage: 10,000kms
12-13 Mileage: 5900
11-12 Mileage: 6800kms
10-11 Mileage: 7000kms
Riding Since: 1971

My buddy has an 03 warrior and put on a higher mountain style? "Boss" seat and had to add the handlebar riser from Rox along with cable extensions(I believe that you cannot raise the seat without raising the bars and cables to match or the riding position gets goofy??) . The sled obviously got a lot colder to ride, so had to upgrade his helmet and balaclava system. However it made a noticable improvement to how the sled behaved. The Boss seat he purchased was made to store Nitrous bottles so he gained some rear seat storage as well.
Do not know about the Apex/Attack/Warrior seats and if they are all the same mounting and size.
bucky the d.o.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2011 Apex SE
Previous Sled(s): Apexs',Viper, Vmax, 79Srx,67Olympic
Favorite Riding Area: out the front door
13-14 Mileage: 10,000kms
12-13 Mileage: 5900
11-12 Mileage: 6800kms
10-11 Mileage: 7000kms
Riding Since: 1971

oops my computer screwed up..sorry bout the two posts
bucky the d.o.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Yamaha RS Vector ER Mod
Favorite Riding Area: Keweenaw Peninsula
13-14 Mileage: 600
12-13 Mileage: 2200
11-12 Mileage: 1800
10-11 Mileage: 1000
Riding Since: 1976

You need to trim some off of your gas tank shroud to get the Apex seat to work. The light plugs right in. There are details on how much to trim on Totallyamaha. Many people have done this mod..
Old 02-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

QUOTE (rsvectorfreak @ Feb 1 2010, 12:22 PM)
Quote:
You need to trim some off of your gas tank shroud to get the Apex seat to work. The light plugs right in. There are details on how much to trim on Totallyamaha. Many people have done this mod..[/b]
Thanks for your replys about this. What l found interesting today is l asked a service guy as Yamaha and they said an Apex seat will not work because the rear of the seat will not fit over my muffler. They said it just will not mount properly. They suggested me to go to this Upholstery place. I talked to a guy there and he said they can redo my seat adding the extra 4" that l need to raise it for $125. I am guessing that is a pretty good deal compared to spending much more $$$. I could probably live with my handle bars the way they are other wise it will probably cost me much more than a hundred bucks in parts to raise them up even 2". Can't afford all that so might just tough it out and ride it the way it is.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 08 nytro & 05 mcxpress rx-1
Previous Sled(s): doo,cat,05fusion,apex
10-11 Mileage: 2000
Riding Since: 1978

QUOTE (Peko30 @ Feb 1 2010, 08:26 PM)
Quote:
Thanks for your replys about this. What l found interesting today is l asked a service guy as Yamaha and they said an Apex seat will not work because the rear of the seat will not fit over my muffler. They said it just will not mount properly. They suggested me to go to this Upholstery place. I talked to a guy there and he said they can redo my seat adding the extra 4" that l need to raise it for $125. I am guessing that is a pretty good deal compared to spending much more $$$. I could probably live with my handle bars the way they are other wise it will probably cost me much more than a hundred bucks in parts to raise them up even 2". Can't afford all that so might just tough it out and ride it the way it is.[/b]
apex seat will work , I have one on my 2005 & they are the same.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 09' Phazer RTX
Previous Sled(s): 07' Yamaha Rage GT
Favorite Riding Area: MI UP
13-14 Mileage: 175
12-13 Mileage: 1,800
11-12 Mileage: 1000
10-11 Mileage: 800
Riding Since: 1993

QUOTE (Peko30 @ Feb 1 2010, 07:26 PM)
Quote:
Thanks for your replys about this. What l found interesting today is l asked a service guy as Yamaha and they said an Apex seat will not work because the rear of the seat will not fit over my muffler. They said it just will not mount properly. They suggested me to go to this Upholstery place. I talked to a guy there and he said they can redo my seat adding the extra 4" that l need to raise it for $125. I am guessing that is a pretty good deal compared to spending much more $$$. I could probably live with my handle bars the way they are other wise it will probably cost me much more than a hundred bucks in parts to raise them up even 2". Can't afford all that so might just tough it out and ride it the way it is.[/b]
Your service guy friend does not know what he is talking about. It will fit. FYI. The Apex mountain seat is firmer and has less sag when you sit on it than a standard Apex seat. I put an Apex mountain seat on my RS Rage and it is awsome. I was worried about it being too firm, but I think it is more comfortable than my stock RS seat after riding with it for over 500 miles. It is also way easier to hang off of and transition from side to side. It is the best mod you can do to your sled. G.B.
Gone BLue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 03/ Viper136
Previous Sled(s): 340Johndeer/super sport 488/00ZR600/03Viper/06CF7/03F7/03RX1
Favorite Riding Area: WI/MN/WY/ and ditch banging
11-12 Mileage: 600
10-11 Mileage: 1000
Riding Since: 3

QUOTE (Peko30 @ Jan 30 2010, 09:18 PM)
Quote:
I have an '04 RX Warrior LE and want to put a higher seat than the stock one. The stock is soft and comforatable but not high enough so you don't have to sit crouched. If l can get one to fit is like those on the F series or even like the newer Polaris sleds that would be great. I rode my buddies F8 today and really liked his seat especially the position of it. Sitting on it your almost standing which makes it much more comfortable for bumpy trails. Anybody have any ideas on seats that would work for my sled without much modifying?[/b]
I have a 2003 RX1 MNT and I took off the seat cover and put the foam off an 03 F7. I had to cut it to shape it and I added 8 in" of fabric to the side of the original cover. When I got it done it looked like an apex seat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Peter_s_toys_5.jpg (58.0 KB, 17 views)
Advertisement