Installed a fix for the weak Hand warmers on 07 Apex. - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Apex / Vector / Rx1 This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2009, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 43
Default

I ordered this kit from a fella who has this website that I found on Totaly Yamaha. The name of the site is Yamaheater.com I'm sure some of you have heard of it. Well, The gentleman who invented this device is fabulous to work/deal with. The kit was $185.00 total. It comes with everything you need to upgrade your handwarmers to what they should have been right from the factory. If you go to the Yamaheater site, all the details are there, and the fella tells you how he developed and manufactures this quality kit for all Yamaha four stroke snowmobiles. Listen, If I can put this thing in and understand the directions, anyone can-LOL! If you want a handwarmer fix-this is it. His email is: hotrock1@comcast.net

Joemach.
joemach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
kevins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 839
Current Sled(s): 2010 Renegade 1200 X
Previous Sled(s): 2006 Attak
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Age: 42
Riding Since: 84
Default

Quote:
I ordered this kit from a fella who has this website that I found on Totaly Yamaha. The name of the site is Yamaheater.com I'm sure some of you have heard of it. Well, The gentleman who invented this device is fabulous to work/deal with. The kit was $185.00 total. It comes with everything you need to upgrade your handwarmers to what they should have been right from the factory. If you go to the Yamaheater site, all the details are there, and the fella tells you how he developed and manufactures this quality kit for all Yamaha four stroke snowmobiles. Listen, If I can put this thing in and understand the directions, anyone can-LOL! If you want a handwarmer fix-this is it. His email is: hotrock1@comcast.net

Joemach.[/b]
Installed mine last season. The Yamaheater is great. The wiring on my 06 Attak was slightly different so I emailed Rockmeister and he called me on his dime to help with the install to get it working. Awsome service and product!
__________________
kevins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
quebec#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,871
Current Sled(s): 2012 mxz 1200
Previous Sled(s): 05 F7/07 Apex GT/08 mxz xpZR 900/ VIPER/XC 700/F3
Location: St-Laurent
Favorite Riding Area: ST-DONAT
13-14 Mileage: 3800 miles
12-13 Mileage: 3300 miles
11-12 Mileage: 2000
10-11 Mileage: 3000
Age: 42
Riding Since: 1981
Default

New update kit from yamaha for 2006 to 2009 # S2009-006
I seem to know more about the updates than my current dealer he never heard of it !
The Yamaheater.com kit sounds better to me !
__________________
http://www.afa.net/

Last edited by quebec#1; 11-29-2010 at 08:31 PM.
quebec#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
New update kit from yamaha for 2006 to 2009 # S2009-006
I seem to know more about the updates than my current dealer he never heard of it !
The Yamaheater.com kit sounds better to me ![/b]

I agree Quebec#1, With the Yamaheater you dont have to mess with wiring and new grips. Just get the plug and play connectors with the kit, and you plug in. The Yamaheater is/sounds like a much more comprehensive and quality designed kit. All directions are on line and printable with pictures of everything.

Joemach.
joemach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Executive Administrative Asst.
 
Capt.Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 61,036
Current Sled(s): 06 Ape
Location: Brockport NY.
Default

Quote:
I agree Quebec#1, With the Yamaheater you dont have to mess with wiring and new grips. Just get the plug and play connectors with the kit, and you plug in. The Yamaheater is/sounds like a much more comprehensive and quality designed kit. All directions are on line and printable with pictures of everything.

Joemach.[/b]
He wants a 185 to change the wiring from a series to parallel...holy shit...last year I bought the update kit and just used the plug and play from that...I used my grips and bars that were on it..hot as hell and I think it was like 30 bucks...prolly cant get that deal anymore.
__________________
Sent from my HP Media Center Via RoadRunner...so bite me.
Capt.Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
kevins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 839
Current Sled(s): 2010 Renegade 1200 X
Previous Sled(s): 2006 Attak
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Age: 42
Riding Since: 84
Default

Quote:
He wants a 185 to change the wiring from a series to parallel...holy shit...last year I bought the update kit and just used the plug and play from that...I used my grips and bars that were on it..hot as hell and I think it was like 30 bucks...prolly cant get that deal anymore. [/b]
That's not what the kit does. It uses power from the battery. There is no risk to the ECU with the Yamaheater.
__________________
kevins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Sled Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 652
Current Sled(s): 2012 Renegade X 4-tec
Previous Sled(s): Attak/Vector GT/SXR 700
Location: Marcellus, NY
Favorite Riding Area: Tug Hill/Quebec
13-14 Mileage: 2505
12-13 Mileage: 3834
11-12 Mileage: 2700
10-11 Mileage: 2996
Age: 39
Riding Since: 2002
Default

I just finished installing it tonight. Pretty simple. He is a great person to deal with. $185 is pricey but he really stands behind his product and that worth a lot....
__________________
Drink more beer!
Sled Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Executive Administrative Asst.
 
Capt.Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 61,036
Current Sled(s): 06 Ape
Location: Brockport NY.
Default

Quote:
That's not what the kit does. It uses power from the battery. There is no risk to the ECU with the Yamaheater.[/b]
I have not had a prob...1/2 is plenty hot...and if I try full I think theres a relay that shuts it down if it gets to hot...beats me.
__________________
Sent from my HP Media Center Via RoadRunner...so bite me.
Capt.Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Gone BLue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 121
Current Sled(s): 09' Phazer RTX
Previous Sled(s): 07' Yamaha Rage GT
Location: SE Michigan
Favorite Riding Area: MI UP
13-14 Mileage: 175
12-13 Mileage: 1,800
11-12 Mileage: 1000
10-11 Mileage: 800
Age: 50
Riding Since: 1993
Default

If you are not happy with your Yamaha heat grip performance dont waste your money on anything else but the Yamaheater. The heated grip output is controlled by the ECU and it doesnt matter where you set the controls to a degree. If you have your grip control set on high, there is only a very small percentage of the time the ECU will send full power to grips. The ECU is looking at throttle postion, engine RPM's etc to control output to the grips. When the Yamaha heater is switched on 100% power is sent to your grips. Your grips will be Hot with the sled just idling in a couple minutes. It works awsome. The other cool part of the system is that when you turn the Yamaheater system off your heated grips function as they always have. These units are professionally manufactured and have a one year warranty. Plus Rock gives you the best customer service you will find in the business. It is the only way to go. I have 1,600 miles on mine and it has worked great. I am glad I had this system on a day we rode 240 miles and my gloves where wet from sweat. The temp was near zero the last couple hours of the ride and I used the Yamaheater system and had warm hands, even with wet gloves, the rest of the way home. G.B.

For more info check out this:

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?p=6...7977bc10f753ebd
Gone BLue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
blustar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 162
Current Sled(s): Real old ones!
Previous Sled(s): Arctic Cat
Location: Manitoba
Favorite Riding Area: Eastern MB - Everywhere
10-11 Mileage: 3030 miles
Age: 99
Riding Since: 1970
Default

How long does it take to install the plug and play for an idiot like me (LOL)?
blustar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0