Installed a fix for the weak Hand warmers on 07 Apex. - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Apex / Vector / Rx1 This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2009, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I ordered this kit from a fella who has this website that I found on Totaly Yamaha. The name of the site is Yamaheater.com I'm sure some of you have heard of it. Well, The gentleman who invented this device is fabulous to work/deal with. The kit was $185.00 total. It comes with everything you need to upgrade your handwarmers to what they should have been right from the factory. If you go to the Yamaheater site, all the details are there, and the fella tells you how he developed and manufactures this quality kit for all Yamaha four stroke snowmobiles. Listen, If I can put this thing in and understand the directions, anyone can-LOL! If you want a handwarmer fix-this is it. His email is: hotrock1@comcast.net

Joemach.
joemach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2010 Renegade 1200 X
Previous Sled(s): 2006 Attak
Riding Since: 84

Quote:
I ordered this kit from a fella who has this website that I found on Totaly Yamaha. The name of the site is Yamaheater.com I'm sure some of you have heard of it. Well, The gentleman who invented this device is fabulous to work/deal with. The kit was $185.00 total. It comes with everything you need to upgrade your handwarmers to what they should have been right from the factory. If you go to the Yamaheater site, all the details are there, and the fella tells you how he developed and manufactures this quality kit for all Yamaha four stroke snowmobiles. Listen, If I can put this thing in and understand the directions, anyone can-LOL! If you want a handwarmer fix-this is it. His email is: hotrock1@comcast.net

Joemach.[/b]
Installed mine last season. The Yamaheater is great. The wiring on my 06 Attak was slightly different so I emailed Rockmeister and he called me on his dime to help with the install to get it working. Awsome service and product!
Old 10-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 mxz 1200
Previous Sled(s): 05 F7/07 Apex GT/08 mxz xpZR 900/ VIPER/XC 700/F3
Favorite Riding Area: ST-DONAT
13-14 Mileage: 3800 miles
12-13 Mileage: 3300 miles
11-12 Mileage: 2000
10-11 Mileage: 3000
Riding Since: 1981

New update kit from yamaha for 2006 to 2009 # S2009-006
I seem to know more about the updates than my current dealer he never heard of it !
The Yamaheater.com kit sounds better to me !

Last edited by quebec#1; 11-29-2010 at 08:31 PM.
quebec#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Quote:
New update kit from yamaha for 2006 to 2009 # S2009-006
I seem to know more about the updates than my current dealer he never heard of it !
The Yamaheater.com kit sounds better to me ![/b]

I agree Quebec#1, With the Yamaheater you dont have to mess with wiring and new grips. Just get the plug and play connectors with the kit, and you plug in. The Yamaheater is/sounds like a much more comprehensive and quality designed kit. All directions are on line and printable with pictures of everything.

Joemach.
joemach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Executive Administrative Asst.

Current Sled(s): 06 Ape

Quote:
I agree Quebec#1, With the Yamaheater you dont have to mess with wiring and new grips. Just get the plug and play connectors with the kit, and you plug in. The Yamaheater is/sounds like a much more comprehensive and quality designed kit. All directions are on line and printable with pictures of everything.

Joemach.[/b]
He wants a 185 to change the wiring from a series to parallel...holy shit...last year I bought the update kit and just used the plug and play from that...I used my grips and bars that were on it..hot as hell and I think it was like 30 bucks...prolly cant get that deal anymore.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2010 Renegade 1200 X
Previous Sled(s): 2006 Attak
Riding Since: 84

Quote:
He wants a 185 to change the wiring from a series to parallel...holy shit...last year I bought the update kit and just used the plug and play from that...I used my grips and bars that were on it..hot as hell and I think it was like 30 bucks...prolly cant get that deal anymore. [/b]
That's not what the kit does. It uses power from the battery. There is no risk to the ECU with the Yamaheater.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 Renegade X 4-tec
Previous Sled(s): Attak/Vector GT/SXR 700
Favorite Riding Area: Tug Hill/Quebec
13-14 Mileage: 2505
12-13 Mileage: 3834
11-12 Mileage: 2700
10-11 Mileage: 2996
Riding Since: 2002

I just finished installing it tonight. Pretty simple. He is a great person to deal with. $185 is pricey but he really stands behind his product and that worth a lot....
Old 10-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Executive Administrative Asst.

Current Sled(s): 06 Ape

Quote:
That's not what the kit does. It uses power from the battery. There is no risk to the ECU with the Yamaheater.[/b]
I have not had a prob...1/2 is plenty hot...and if I try full I think theres a relay that shuts it down if it gets to hot...beats me.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 09' Phazer RTX
Previous Sled(s): 07' Yamaha Rage GT
Favorite Riding Area: MI UP
13-14 Mileage: 175
12-13 Mileage: 1,800
11-12 Mileage: 1000
10-11 Mileage: 800
Riding Since: 1993

If you are not happy with your Yamaha heat grip performance dont waste your money on anything else but the Yamaheater. The heated grip output is controlled by the ECU and it doesnt matter where you set the controls to a degree. If you have your grip control set on high, there is only a very small percentage of the time the ECU will send full power to grips. The ECU is looking at throttle postion, engine RPM's etc to control output to the grips. When the Yamaha heater is switched on 100% power is sent to your grips. Your grips will be Hot with the sled just idling in a couple minutes. It works awsome. The other cool part of the system is that when you turn the Yamaheater system off your heated grips function as they always have. These units are professionally manufactured and have a one year warranty. Plus Rock gives you the best customer service you will find in the business. It is the only way to go. I have 1,600 miles on mine and it has worked great. I am glad I had this system on a day we rode 240 miles and my gloves where wet from sweat. The temp was near zero the last couple hours of the ride and I used the Yamaheater system and had warm hands, even with wet gloves, the rest of the way home. G.B.

For more info check out this:

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?p=6...7977bc10f753ebd
Gone BLue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Real old ones!
Previous Sled(s): Arctic Cat
Favorite Riding Area: Eastern MB - Everywhere
10-11 Mileage: 3030 miles
Riding Since: 1970

How long does it take to install the plug and play for an idiot like me (LOL)?
blustar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement