Hardcore Sledder banner

RMSTATOR Ignition Cap Coils from Ebay

946 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  thrasher 
#1 ·
Anyone have experience with aftermarket coils? Looking to replace all with new on my Apex. The price is right, set of four for $150. Should I? or no? OEM Yamaha $580 set of four. 2006 Apex 9800+ miles.

#2 ·
coils

Spend the $$ on the oem coils.

I used a aftermarket coil after 1 failed on my apex and it failed less than a thousand kms later...spoiled a trip. :wall:

Buy once cry once:thumbsup:

#4 ·
what I ending doing is buying used OEM from a similar year with similar miles, $25 I replaced the one that was cracked. now all four are the same year same wear and tear same manufacture, I don't know if its my OCD but it would of bothered me having one brand new shiny one and three old ones, plus the cost. :frantics: Money was saved, sled is running perfect, symmetry is in order. :thumbsup:

#5 ·
Tried the coils from RMSTATOR(very good price) and they were all very loose in the cylinder head, so returned them with no issues. Was replacing mine because I had an engine stumble and my coils were out of spec, but all measured the same resistance with each other. All the new coils measured the same as my original coils, so wouldn't of helped anyhow. So synced the carbs and my issue were much better, although not completely resolved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.