Fusion Handling? - HCS Snowmobile Forums

IQ chassis This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2005, 08:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

hey fusion guys i was just wondering how the fusion handles from the factory because i have been on 2 trips... and i have seen 2 different fusions dart off the trail... 1 almost hit me and my bro... he ended up hitting a tree and fucking up his ski. I am assuming the shocks need to be adjusted? just wondering because this is scary!!
2002mxz800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2005, 12:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 2002mxz800@Feb 22 2005, 07:56 PM
hey fusion guys i was just wondering how the fusion handles from the factory because i have been on 2 trips... and i have seen 2 different fusions dart off the trail... 1 almost hit me and my bro... he ended up hitting a tree and fucking up his ski. I am assuming the shocks need to be adjusted? just wondering because this is scary!!
<div align="right">
[/quote]
stock double carbide skis suck ditch double carbides put singles on and it turns good. the first weekend i rode with doubles i was just about in the trees.
"wide open till u see god then brake!" 05 black fusion, chrome racer winshield, 78g belly busters, yellow pri spring, epi orange sec spring 719 helix on big angle. /24-38 gearing.168 studsw/big nuts,2"bar riser, powermad hand guards w/extensions,red skid plate,c&a razor skis w 8" carbide. rkt billet head, htg pipe and can. slp torque & push arms,slp airbox. soon to be custom arcticfx flames 2004 polaris predator dale jr. rath headpipe, pure polaris slip on, pro armor six pack rack, dynojet kit, k&n drop in, 2"bar riser. My Webpage
polaris9500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 10:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

its been my experience that you can set it up two ways. one is go down the trail straight. the other is turn. you cant have a nice blend of both. i have tried using different skiis. works in some snow conditions, not in others, if you make adjs, it will vice versa. i assume this is why new spindles are on the 06's. that and a different skid. its nice to own the protusion.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 F1100 N/A
Previous Sled(s): too many to list
Favorite Riding Area: Moosehead Lake, Me
Riding Since: 1974

Quote:
Originally posted by HotROdLincoln@Feb 23 2005, 10:25 AM
its been my experience that you can set it up two ways.* one is go down the trail straight.* the other is turn.* you cant have a nice blend of both. i have tried using different skiis.* works in some snow conditions, not in others, if you make adjs, it will vice versa.* i assume this is why new spindles are on the 06's.* that and a different skid.* its nice to own the protusion.
<div align="right">
[/quote]
I have found something that is workable for me. I have replaced just the outside skags with an 8" woodys executive. This improves the "bite" for cornering yet buy maintaining the factory skag on the inside there is no darting. For me taking some pre-load OFF the front end helped.
twitch54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 09:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 Viper LTX
Previous Sled(s): '09 Nytro XTX '07 Attak, '05 900 Fusion, '02 700 Edge
Favorite Riding Area: Central/Eastern UP,Northern LP

Put my USIs on from my 02 Edge I traded in. Very little darting. Turns great, doesn't push. I checked my ski alignment. It was toed in almost 1/4" from the factory. I set mine to 1/16" toe out.
larrypolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

i have the ski pressure dialed in and at times its not enough, and other times too much. never had a sled so twitchy and impossible to tune., my teo out is + 1/4" i'd like to know what those new spindles do. its nice to own the protusion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement