Hardcore Sledder banner

hooking up oil pump cable on 2008 dragon

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  pillnoob 
#1 ·
While this may sound like a stupid question stupid me installed the engine and locked it down before putting the oil pump cable on, Ive spent almost 2 hours so far and got it locked down right but the the oil pump was set to lean and I had to start all over again.

My question, does any one have any special tricks or am I just best to bite the bullet and pull the engine back out.

#2 ·
My dealer told me the easiest way he found was to remove the airbox and slide the gas tank back. I sort of ran into a similar problem, I didnt hook up the cable right off so I had to battle it. Then I found I had a leak so thats when I asked what his trick was. I was so used to doing rebuilds on xc's where I could put it on at the end. My sled is an 09, not sure if there is a difference but I hope this helps

#3 ·
You have to pull the air box out and remove the throttle body clamps and move the throttle body away enough to get at the pump. And possibly remove the electrical cover and all the electronics with the upper clutch cover just to make it a little easier. It will still be a pain but its been the easiest way for me personally. Good luck

#4 ·
Well ended up being the idiot that toke it apart before me (guy I bought it from) broke part of the oil pump arm... so it was near impossible to install it in because only half of a "circle" was there not a full circle so I pull it out tig welded up a piece on to it drilled it and painted it. Did I also mention I saftey wired the living $h!t outta it:))) I could be full of it but I'm guessin thats what made this engine blow in the first place was the oil pump cable coming off the arm...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.