summer storage for 600 cfi - HCS Snowmobile Forums

IQ chassis This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default summer storage for 600 cfi

On a 2011 600 shift with clean fire injection, should i drain the fuel tank, run the engine to use up all the fuel in the injection system, and finally spray some fogging oil in the spark plug holes. On previous xc's and indy's we would remove the air box, shut the fuel off, and run the engine while spraying fogger in the carbs until the motor almost choked out. At that point, we would drain the fuel tank and the carb bowls dry. Using this process on the xc's and indy's we never had an issue next season. Any suggestions on the 600 cfi would be welcome. Thanks.
mag62478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 08 IQ Shift, 07 IQ 600 CFI LX
Previous Sled(s): 74 Merc 440
Favorite Riding Area: Local
13-14 Mileage: 500
12-13 Mileage: 1700
11-12 Mileage: 1300
10-11 Mileage: 850
Riding Since: 1973

Put Sta-Bil in the tank on your last ride. this will treat the tank and fuel lines, spray fogging oil down the intake reving engine. shut down machine pull plugs spray fogging oil down cylinders pull engine over a few times done. Good to have at least 1/2 tank of fuel. I also use Lucas Fuel Treatment at all times during the season.
hicboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '12 Switch Pro-R 600, '10 Shift 600
Previous Sled(s): '07 IQ 600 carb (spare) '99 XCSP 700
Favorite Riding Area: West Hiawatha National Forest
12-13 Mileage: 1200
11-12 Mileage: a lot
10-11 Mileage: 1250

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicboy View Post
Put Sta-Bil in the tank on your last ride. this will treat the tank and fuel lines, spray fogging oil down the intake reving engine. shut down machine pull plugs spray fogging oil down cylinders pull engine over a few times done. Good to have at least 1/2 tank of fuel. I also use Lucas Fuel Treatment at all times during the season.
Sounds good. This does entail removing the airbox right? I'm trying to get by without removing this thing.
IQPolarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Default summer

I use sea foam in my tank for stabilizing it and spray down the cylinders with fogging oil thru the spark plugs grease all fittings and wd-40 all aluminum parts and put away. never try to remove the gas until fall/winter fuel injection things are better left wet. there is no fuel in the injectors once shut off. put rear bumper on stand. done
baggerbill59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement