2010 dragon 600 cleanfire- 2 - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

IQ chassis This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2009, 12:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
rich03sks700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,119
Current Sled(s): 2014 800 Pro R Rush
Previous Sled(s): 2012 600Pro R SB, 2011 800, 09 600 SB, 07 D7, Mod 03 700 SKS
Location: Wisconsin
Favorite Riding Area: N Wis
13-14 Mileage: 1262
12-13 Mileage: 1476
11-12 Mileage: 1504
10-11 Mileage: 1220
Default

Kraven and QuickTime, Excellent posts, SPOT ON as usual!
rich03sks700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-27-2009, 12:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
rich03sks700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,119
Current Sled(s): 2014 800 Pro R Rush
Previous Sled(s): 2012 600Pro R SB, 2011 800, 09 600 SB, 07 D7, Mod 03 700 SKS
Location: Wisconsin
Favorite Riding Area: N Wis
13-14 Mileage: 1262
12-13 Mileage: 1476
11-12 Mileage: 1504
10-11 Mileage: 1220
Default

Note that it is a cost reduction to remove two approx $75 injectors x 2=$150 savings per engine!!!!

The biggest problem with the CFI 4 injector system is that the low to mid rpm injector in the cylinder boost port does not cool the piston and crankcase with fuel. Then hotter engine, heat soaked faster, loose HP and can burn down easier.

The other big problem with the Polaris CFI 4 system is poor quality control of CFI components.
Also lack of quality control on installation, especially the TPS setting and oil injection pump set-ups!


My 09 600 CFI 4 Switchback had the TPS voltage set too high, caused a lean bog, poor low end performance, engine back-fired thru muffler in warm conditions. Also the PTO side throttle body was not pushed into the rubber adapter at air box, lucky engine did not burn down!

With throttle bodies not opening fully, TPS, oil injection pump, etc, the sled was a 77 MPH DOG at 100 miles and only a 7800 rpm dog. Brother's same 09 600 CFI 4 S.B. could walk away from my DOG at any speed, 9.6 MPG and 26:1.00 fuel to oil ratio was totally un-acceptable!!!

But now after dealer re-set the TPS closed voltage from .718 volts to .696 volts, with clutching, SLP pipe, etc it's a fast excellent running Sled.

The only issue left on my 600 CFI is that the Mag side is very lean (OK for a mod race engine) and the PTO side is just a little on the rich side.

I will check with dealer if Polaris will approve installing RED injectors on the Mag side, should flow 2.5% more fuel then the BLUE injectors side. If not let it burn down on mag side as I purchased the 3 year warranty.
---Most likely Polaris will make the gamble that I will always fill up with good 93 octane non ethanol fuel and it will not burn down????


After the 3 year warranty runs out my 09 S.B. will be traded for most likely a Red 136" Switchback Rush.
Or perhaps a Yellow or Green sled, but then I would need another $900 for new matching helmet and cloths?

Good Luck to the Polaris CFI 4 owners; Rich
rich03sks700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
kraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,949
Current Sled(s): 2007 DRAGON 700, 4500 MILES
Previous Sled(s): 2002 EDGE-X 800,6400 miles, 1999 XCR 800
Location: MIDWEST
Favorite Riding Area: YELLOWSTONE
10-11 Mileage: 520 so far
Age: 49
Riding Since: 1985
Talking

Quote:
Note that it is a cost reduction to remove two approx $75 injectors x 2=$150 savings per engine!!!!

The biggest problem with the CFI 4 injector system is that the low to mid rpm injector in the cylinder boost port does not cool the piston and crankcase with fuel. Then hotter engine, heat soaked faster, loose HP and can burn down easier.

The other big problem with the Polaris CFI 4 system is poor quality control of CFI components.
Also lack of quality control on installation, especially the TPS setting and oil injection pump set-ups!


My 09 600 CFI 4 Switchback had the TPS voltage set too high, caused a lean bog, poor low end performance, engine back-fired thru muffler in warm conditions. Also the PTO side throttle body was not pushed into the rubber adapter at air box, lucky engine did not burn down!

With throttle bodies not opening fully, TPS, oil injection pump, etc, the sled was a 77 MPH DOG at 100 miles and only a 7800 rpm dog. Brother's same 09 600 CFI 4 S.B. could walk away from my DOG at any speed, 9.6 MPG and 26:1.00 fuel to oil ratio was totally un-acceptable!!!

But now after dealer re-set the TPS closed voltage from .718 volts to .696 volts, with clutching, SLP pipe, etc it's a fast excellent running Sled.

The only issue left on my 600 CFI is that the Mag side is very lean (OK for a mod race engine) and the PTO side is just a little on the rich side.

I will check with dealer if Polaris will approve installing RED injectors on the Mag side, should flow 2.5% more fuel then the BLUE injectors side. If not let it burn down on mag side as I purchased the 3 year warranty.
---Most likely Polaris will make the gamble that I will always fill up with good 93 octane non ethanol fuel and it will not burn down????


After the 3 year warranty runs out my 09 S.B. will be traded for most likely a Red 136" Switchback Rush.
Or perhaps a Yellow or Green sled, but then I would need another $900 for new matching helmet and cloths?

Good Luck to the Polaris CFI 4 owners; Rich[/b]

Hey Rich,

Putting the technical stuff aside for the moment, I too prefer red, any insight to Red (hood and bellypan) being available on the RUSH or just wishful thinking??

Don't really care for the black on my D-7, but like it much better than the flat white, imo
__________________




Byron Circa 1984, '72 Dodge Colt, Full Tube Chassis, Strange Struts, 4 Link, Koni Coil Overs, 15" x 33", Mild 426 Wedge, Torqueflite, Lexan windows, Dzus Fasteners & Quick Release Pins Everywhere, All Polished Aluminum Interior, Fuel Cell, "Weld" Superlite Wheels, 2220 lbs. w/Driver, Leaving the Starting Line Carrying the Front Wheels and Being Plastered into the Back of the Seat and Stopping it from 137+ m.p.h. by Pulling the Parachute-PRICELESS!!!



Byron, 1982, 71 Dodge Demon, 426 Wedge, Aluminum 4-speed, Narrowed Dana 4.56, Alston Bars & Floater, SS Springs, 12.20" x 31.25" Firestones, Polished Centerlines, 10 pt Rollcage, Aluminum wheel tubs, Fiberglass fenders, hood, & decklid


1986 INDY 600 LIMITED EDITION CHROME PACKAGE [/b]91 M.P.H. @ RADAR RUNS 1000' (6000+ MILES) TRAILERED TO YELLOWSTONE IN 1988
kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
rich03sks700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,119
Current Sled(s): 2014 800 Pro R Rush
Previous Sled(s): 2012 600Pro R SB, 2011 800, 09 600 SB, 07 D7, Mod 03 700 SKS
Location: Wisconsin
Favorite Riding Area: N Wis
13-14 Mileage: 1262
12-13 Mileage: 1476
11-12 Mileage: 1504
10-11 Mileage: 1220
Default

Quote:
Hey Rich,

Putting the technical stuff aside for the moment, I too prefer red, any insight to Red (hood and bellypan) being available on the RUSH or just wishful thinking??

Don't really care for the black on my D-7, but like it much better than the flat white, imo[/b]
Kravan, A Red 600 CFI 2 Rush with a 136"x1.25" track is just on my wish list!!

The 2010 600 CFI 2 Dragon Switchback that I drove last winter ran perfect, had much stronger low and mid range torque then my now EXCELLENT very fast 09 600 CFI 4 S.B. with SLP pipe, etc!!!

The main advantage of the CFI 2 is increased piston and crank case cooling by injecting fuel into the crankcase and no injector transition problems. Also I was told that the 600 CFI 2 would have better MPG and less emissions !!!!

The new 2010 Polaris 600 CFI 2 sleds are the ones to Snow Check!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So can one install the 09 600 CFI 2 blue injector #220357-053 that is also used on the 09 D8 CFI 4 into a 600 CFI 4 system????
Then have my 09 600 CFI 4 ECU re-flashed to the latest CFI 2 flash????


Also then could a 09 & 08 D8 CFI 4 have two injectors unplugged, then have the ECU re-flashed to a 800 CFI 2 flash???
Again:
The main advantage of the CFI 2 is increased piston and crank case cooling by injecting fuel into the crankcase and no injector transition problems!!!!

I am back on track with positive post, wife did not beat me today; Rich
rich03sks700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
jdemorest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 150
Current Sled(s): 2013 Polaris Indy 600 SP
Previous Sled(s): Enticer, Fusion, Shift, Dragon & Rush 600/800
Location: Ottawa , ON Canada
Favorite Riding Area: Calabogie, K&P & Quebec
12-13 Mileage: 100
11-12 Mileage: 300
10-11 Mileage: 300
Age: 47
Riding Since: 1980
Default

Can anyone confirm whether the 2010 Polaris Shift 600 has the CFI-2 or CFI-4 motor in it? Also, does it have any new remapping tricks to make it better than the 2009s? I know these sleds are at dealers now, but still in the boxes in this area anyway so it's getting to be that time of year to start thinking about sledding (I actually think about sledding all year and can't stand the summer). JD
jdemorest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,432
Current Sled(s): 2010 Renegade Adrenaline 1200
Location: Indiana
Riding Since: 1976
Default

All 2010 600 CFI's are CFI-2
craze1cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
Bontz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 12,026
Current Sled(s): Snow checked 800 Rush ProS
Previous Sled(s): '12 Switch 800 ProR; '11 800 ProR; '09 D8; '07 F8; '03 F7
Location: MN
Favorite Riding Area: Lake Namakagon/Cable, WI
13-14 Mileage: 1450
12-13 Mileage: 1420
11-12 Mileage: 1540
10-11 Mileage: 1400+
Age: 41
Riding Since: 1975
Default

Quote:
All 2010 600 CFI's are CFI-2[/b]
Not quite sure on that ... look at this link (published today, 9/1): Amsnow Article
__________________
My newest, favorite quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by haulnash
After all, looking on the internet for problems is like looking in the hospital for sick people.
Bontz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,432
Current Sled(s): 2010 Renegade Adrenaline 1200
Location: Indiana
Riding Since: 1976
Default

Interesting...so I guess maybe I'm wrong. Seems that every time I read a different magazine or different Polaris publication, I find different answers on this stuff.

Guess nobody really knows until they take delivery...

craze1cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
jdemorest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 150
Current Sled(s): 2013 Polaris Indy 600 SP
Previous Sled(s): Enticer, Fusion, Shift, Dragon & Rush 600/800
Location: Ottawa , ON Canada
Favorite Riding Area: Calabogie, K&P & Quebec
12-13 Mileage: 100
11-12 Mileage: 300
10-11 Mileage: 300
Age: 47
Riding Since: 1980
Default

Quote:
Not quite sure on that ... look at this link (published today, 9/1): Amsnow Article[/b]
Yes, that's what I'm thinking too that they're coming with 4 injectors on the 600cc motor. If you look at the brochures now it just says Cleanfire in the Specs, but I swear I saw CFI-2 designations. I'm going to try and get my dealer to take one of his new Shift 600s out of the box (plastic wrap) to verify this. I'm not sure if it really makes a difference if the remapping, etc is done at the factory all ready. The only machines they don't have yet are the Rush. I'd prefer the CFI-4, but as long as it has all the liquid wrench apps and calibrations. JD
jdemorest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Prairie Lariat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 223
Default

I don't know, my 09 Shift 136 with the 600 CFI 2 exhibited a lot of the same running quality issues that I hear the 800 owners talk about. This was after several reflashes and clutch component changes. I'm not convinced they have it figured out but if they do they better make good with us 09 owners.... and I know I'm not the only CFI 2 owner that had problems.
Prairie Lariat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0