POLARIS sucks, D8 < 8MPG, falls on it's face at 90MPH - HCS Snowmobile Forums

IQ chassis This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

to say I'm pissed with Polaris is an understatement. How could they ship production D8's with pig fat mapping that yields less than 8MPG and a sub 100MPH top speed. POLARIS THIS IS YOUR BIG DOG SLED THAT WON'T HANG WITH A 600 REV. let me guess the early release sleds they let people ride were tweaked to the edge so they would actually feel like an XP800r. but being overly conservative Poo decided to fatten up the map on the production sleds and produce another PIECE OF SHIT FUSION. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING POLARIS, GET YOUR HEAD OUT. This is unexceptable, I spent $10k for this? I felt better paying $13k for my mach..... at least it was FAST when it ran.

I know, I know I have to spend $350+ for a PCIII. Quick question, what would all you guys do w/o dynotech Jim? we'd be f'd.

for the record by sled rocks to 80 but after that it's a turd and gets terrible MPG. However, I have it to the bar a lot. Pretty sad when my 1000 SDI got better gas mileage.

Who else is frustrated with Polaris?

2005 C6 Corvette, borla stinger
kirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2013 600 Pro R
Previous Sled(s): 10 D6 SB, 09 8 IQ, 08 D7, 06 600 Fuse, 06 Ape-X
Favorite Riding Area: Old Forge
13-14 Mileage: 1100
12-13 Mileage: 1500
11-12 Mileage: 800
10-11 Mileage: 1250
Riding Since: 1988

Quote:
to say I'm pissed with Polaris is an understatement. How could they ship production D8's with pig fat mapping that yields less than 8MPG and a sub 100MPH top speed. POLARIS THIS IS YOUR BIG DOG SLED THAT WON'T HANG WITH A 600 REV. let me guess the early release sleds they let people ride were tweaked to the edge so they would actually feel like an XP800r. but being overly conservative Poo decided to fatten up the map on the production sleds and produce another PIECE OF SHIT FUSION. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING POLARIS, GET YOUR HEAD OUT. This is unexceptable, I spent $10k for this? I felt better paying $13k for my mach..... at least it was FAST when it ran.
I know, I know I have to spend $350+ for a PCIII. Quick question, what would all you guys do w/o dynotech Jim? we'd be f'd.

for the record by sled rocks to 80 but after that it's a turd and gets terrible MPG. However, I have it to the bar a lot. Pretty sad when my 1000 SDI got better gas mileage.

Who else is frustrated with Polaris?[/b]
If mine got LESS than 8 mpg.(that must mean 7 or lower, because you said less than 8) and did less than 100. I'd run it into a tree. Have you called Polaris or are you just ranting?
nitrousxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Run it on BOTH cylinders.
stoutner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 Rush 800 Pro-R LE
Previous Sled(s): 2010 MXZX 600 etec, 2009 Dragon & Switchback 800's
11-12 Mileage: 2481
10-11 Mileage: 3642
Riding Since: 1986
Arrow

After running mine on the lake this last weekend I am in the same boat, runs strong to 90 then falls on its face. Highest Ive had it in the dream dial is 100mph. I am by no means getting as bad of fuel, Somwhere in the 10-13mpg range but very dissapointed in the top end. My 07 switchback 600 cfi ran 106 pretty solidly on hardpack. I have 591 miles on it now, so I figure she's broke in good. I didn't trade in a 600 so I could go slower on an 8.
yfz#43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

i know that our 03 xcsp 600 will at least run and maybe out run it, it will do around 100
Old 12-29-2008, 07:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Well let me tell you i was in the same boat as you guys, mine has 260 moles on it now. I was extremely unimpressed a week ago but i did a few things that made a bid diffrence. 1st i put on the slp big air, air horn and a 2 1/2 flowrite to the left of the cluster. 2nd i put the slp hot air exstraction kit on the clutch side. 3rd and this is only to prolong belt life, i put on a slp push torque arm. All this semed to help a little bit ,then i gutted the t-stat like dynotech recomends and holly #@$ it made a nite and day diffrence. These sleds must permanentally bounce off the DET with that t stat in during wide open runs. I just used some tin snips to eliminate the center regulating portion of it, since the gasket fits around the outer lip of the t stat u must do it this way. I can also say that these sleds have a verry accurate speedo, My roomate has a 09 800 xp and his speedo is 8 mph off and i can guarantee this because i have a radar gun {bushnel $100 online}. I have just got a programmer3 also but havent tested it yet because its -25 bellow here now. I will radar my d8 soone though and let everyone know the results. i also have a prox 2 800 with twin custom re-indexed CPI pipes,v force 3, atack altitude and temp compinsator, heel clickers in the drive, heelclicker rigid secondary for a secondary clutch, lexan hood, boss seat, stock track, slipery slides and more. The prox has the stock 1.2 track back on it and is now geared to 112mph, which is theoretical gearing ovcourse. But to give you an idea last year i had a 1.5 ripsaw track on it and it went 98mph on the gun with stock 108 mph gearing. So the 1.5 track made a drag factor of minus 10 mph in relation to the theoretical gearing chart. My point is the other day before i took out the t stat in the d8 my roomate & i went rideing, me on the d8 him on the prox. The dragon had way more low end and mid pull, i could leave the pro X like it was a 6 hundo. On the top end the d8 was faster but not by much so from a high speed 80 mph role it didnt destroy the prox 800 but did crawl away from it. When previously this year i ran the pro x against my roomates 09 800xp he was only able to beat me on top mid to top end runs only, otherwise we were the same. But point a to point b racing on the river i could beat him because the xp 800 does not corner well at too speeds and under full throttle acceleration, he has to let of to grab some steer than hit it again. The pro x can hold the corners full on. He has don all he can to the suspension to adjust the ski lift out but it is still pretty predominant. I havent run the d8 against the xp 8 but im pretty sure that without the programmer it will beat me on top speed only. Withprogramer3 i think i will beat him, but time and clutch tuneing will tell. Its to frekin cold out rite now. The 800xp short track is all stock in x package trim and i can tell you the it goes in stock trim on the river , hard packed conditions at around 0 degrees out at sealever=107mph on the radar gun, while its speedo said 114mph. But regardless of what these magazines or skidoo douches say it corners like pope at full throttle aceleration or full toped out, its just too light in the front with good power to create enough ski pressure to hold a 95 mph or faster grove on the river around a corner.
laidback292003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): mxz x 800
Previous Sled(s): 05 900 fuse
Favorite Riding Area: upper michigan
Riding Since: 1987

Hey easy on the FUSION BASHING! some of us really like our's. Good luck with D8's
daveskidoof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): fusion 600
Previous Sled(s): xcr, indy sport
Favorite Riding Area: usually in the snow
Riding Since: 1998

Quote:

heh heh heh easy on the fusion their is nothing wrong with them i think they are wonderful working sleds and wonderful looking sleds (better then 07+) and put up with what i through at it nothing wrong with my fusion except turning like a tank. that and my gay tilt steering i need to make that solid soon.
mymaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

as long as it doesn't blow crank bearings like the old one did and the adjustablity was there to make it run like a mother i would be happy

My toys make me poor.

Will trade sled for Harley...

Parting out 1997 Ultra and Have tons of IQR and Edge parts forsaleClick here!

QUOTE (alsled @ Jun 11 2010, 11:21 AM)
"And I'll pass ya on my ported and single piped sled so you'll start the pos on fire and i'll have to give you a ride home. then you'll feel all wacked out at night because you just were hugging a guy you never met for 50 miles with your nuts in his ass."

"I think you should look into Briggs and stratton."
Ditchbangin&#39;Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:

What did your Dealer have to say??

Black Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement