kill switch wiring - HCS Snowmobile Forums

IQ chassis This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

on my assault, i have a two piece aluminum throttle block and a rocker kill switch (off of the racer) that i want to use.
question is, the racer kill switch has two wires, and the one off of the new sled has three wires (along with the two for the safety switch on the throttle). what is the third wire for? how will i wire it in?

Thanks,
Cody
fraufarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): ElTigre6000
Previous Sled(s): Poos Doos

Cody, I did this about 3 months ago for a CFI sled, you'll need to only use 2 out of the three wires for the racer switch and will not need to utilize the throttle saftey wires at all, which will be cut out of the switch harness to install the racer switch and is the third of the three wires. As long as the throttle saftey wires are gone or just not tied together your fine, they kill ignition when in the closed loop (hooked together) position only. Another idea for a nice install I take the stock kill switch from the oem plastic housing assembly out and mount it on the bars using a ski-doo REV-XP TNT model kill switch holder looks factory and no re-wiring needed. And one other option if you didnt buy the parts already is a fastrax billet system that's the throttle block and kill switch mount in one. fastrax.com
ed#215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 800 HPO Blade, 440 Sno Twister
Previous Sled(s): Polaris, Arctic Cat, Blade
Favorite Riding Area: Iron Range, MN
13-14 Mileage: 1121
12-13 Mileage: 2
11-12 Mileage: 345
10-11 Mileage: 670
Riding Since: 1974

I used the Fast Trax and it works nice.

http://www.ftxmotorsports.com/shop/product...;products_id=50
sgrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

thanks guys!
off of my proxr before the insurance took it i robbed quite a few parts off of it so i already have the kill switch and throttle block.
i like the rocker switch better than the push button for some reason, but seeing that fastrax block is only $69 (when i first saw em i figured itd be $100) gets me thinking...

ill dig into the sled a little more tonight and see if i can get the wiring figured out...
over on snowest someone replied maybe unplug the whole switch down there and wire it in behind the key switch where there is a tether hookup... does anyone know about this?
fraufarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): ElTigre6000
Previous Sled(s): Poos Doos

Quote:
thanks guys!
off of my proxr before the insurance took it i robbed quite a few parts off of it so i already have the kill switch and throttle block.
i like the rocker switch better than the push button for some reason, but seeing that fastrax block is only $69 (when i first saw em i figured itd be $100) gets me thinking...

ill dig into the sled a little more tonight and see if i can get the wiring figured out...
over on snowest someone replied maybe unplug the whole switch down there and wire it in behind the key switch where there is a tether hookup... does anyone know about this?[/b]
Yes you can just put the male flat type crimp fitting ontoy our kill switch wires and plug them into the factory teather location in the harness behind the dash, its a square plug with the females and black/brown wires. The just unplug the stock kill switch and leave nothing in the that plug.
ed#215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement