Hardcore Sledder banner

gearing 2005 polaris fusion

5K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  akyou 
#1 ·
I'm going to change the gears in my stock 05 fusion 900. I will order either 24-37 or 24-38 gears. I'm not looking for top end I want 0-100mph to pull like a freight train. Where do I order the gears from? How much are they? Do I need to get a new chain? How much are the parts? Do you guys have the part numbers? Whats your thoughts on gearing? The track will have 144 studs I ride sleds like I stole them. Thanks for your imput. THINK SNOW :banana:

#3 ·
what would the diffrerence be between running the 37 and 38? Thanks LARRYPOLARIS

#5 ·
i ride pretty hard and find myself dragracing anything that pulls up next to me.

#6 ·
I called my nearest polaris dealer and she said she needs the part numbers :banghead:

#7 ·
part numbers?

#8 ·
Originally posted by larrypolaris@Aug 15 2006, 12:18 PM
24/37 = 1.54 ratio
24/38 = 1.58 ratio

Not a whole lot difference.  I ran both combinations.  However I like the 24/38 better for my riding style.  :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1776681
[/quote]

I tried both also and prefer the 24/38... I did not lose any top-end, I actually gained some. The stock gearing is too tall and wasn't allowing for full shift-out of my clutches...

#9 ·
i think i will go with 24/38 but i need part numbers

#10 ·
i called another dealer. they want to know the pitch

#11 ·
I found a dealer he thinks they are 3/4 hvo 92 pitch..... He said $150.00 for the top and bottom. Does this sound right?

#12 ·
dealer just called back. he said the 24 tooth is no longer available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now what do I do?

#13 ·
Originally posted by tcwhitford69@Aug 16 2006, 12:04 PM
dealer just called back.  he said the 24 tooth is no longer available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now what do I do?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1779713
[/quote]
they are on crack!!!!! call epi if your dealer cant help u. the pitch refers to the lenght of the chain not the sprocket. dont need to change chain for 24/38 or 24/37 erlandson 3/4 wide hyvo sprockets are what u need. my dealer had no prob getting sprockets from aftermarket. i think my 24 top was a team sprocket.

#16 ·
Originally posted by akyou@Aug 26 2006, 09:37 AM
I know nothing about gearing. I want to do some clutching this year. Is the 24/38  gearing only for a stock clutch? Would the speedometer read any different? Which gear is the jackshaft and which is the drive? Pardon my ignorance. :cn:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1807812
[/quote]
doesent matter for stock or modded. top gear or smaller is on the jackshaft and the bigger gear is on the driveshaft. no speedo will not read ant different it read off the driveshaft.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.