Best or Worst Dealer? - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Alaska This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008, 11:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

Worst dealer: Eagle river Acat /Poo
Best: Marita sea and ski
runner up: HP polaris

Marita has gone as far as to get me waranty work, and my fusion was out of waranty two years ago!
And eagle river hires all the hands that marita gives the boot. If that says anything
Fusion900AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Advanced Member

WASILLA ARCTIC CAT robert is awsome. got me a good deal on my f1000. then helped me with all the problems so far its just to bad that i need to send it back to him to get my electrical problem fixed and im shure he will get it runnin like a champ again. same problem with erpac just stand there no help. and at asac prity cocky guys there like there the shit. lol. seems like the valley has some prity good guys runnin there shops.
arctic thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Best: Marita sea and ski[/b]
Frankly that statement shocks me. I go out of my way to avoid going into that place unless I have some money that I was planning to throw in the garbage.
MOMMYYYYYY!!!! THE KID ON THE INTERNET HAS A SNOWMOBILE THAT LOOKS LIKE MINE!!!!! WAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

^^So true Clayton, that place is the last resort for parts and sleds for me. Further up the valley I shop the better the prices get and the knowledge the service guys are willing to share. But I have had great luck with Matt so far, warrantee isn't a question when I need it. Slowest service for the bush is MS&S/APS with the biggest pricetag.
First time buying from BLP and so far so good. Price was right, see what happens when I need warrantee work and when I send in my side panel and pic's of bellypan of melting from overheating pipe/can.
Marvs660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I am going to have go with the worst is definetely Eagle River Arctic cat. My friend Bought a 2007 Polaris Outlaw IRS from them last summer. He had it about 2-3 months and something let loose in the valve train. No big deal, it was under warranty. He took it back to them. It took almost 1 1/2 months to get it back. When he got it back it made it about 2 hours and it locked up again. Whoever the mechanic was doing the work left one of the cam gear bolts loose. It destroyed it. He took it back, and asked if they would help him out and get the extended warranty and all, seeins that the engine was messed up again. They said they would see what they could do. It took almost 2 months to get it back and when he did he asked if he could get the warranty, they said NO. His damn warranty ran out while it was in their shop, and told him that it shouldn't have been warranty in the first place. They have had his michine almost longer than he has and they F@cked him. I have never seen a dealer treat someone in this way before. They are the biggest bunch of lying c@ck suckers.

I will never buy parts or michines from them and I suggest that everyone else does the same.
Sorry, I just can't believe that they did this to him, after spending $7300 on a new wheeler.

Assholes!
25THZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I had simular experiences with ERPAC with red ski's on my f cat, A hole on the phone said it was a limited time only recall, I then talked to a factory CAT service person she told me "safety recalls" are as long as it takes and they shipped me new skis quickly. When I was talking to the service guy at ERPAC I mentioned who would I sue if my skis broke and I had an accident, them or Arctic Cat, he was nice enough to offer me new skis at his cost but would not give me skis for the recall. Try getting parts from there see if they have them in stock.

I buy my sleds from ASAC as they had firecats in stock for a while, and Justin is nice to deal with. But I don't buy parts from anyone in AK, I know its not supporting the locals but the parts are marked up higher then MSRP. EBAY, ODS Dan, and Country Cat are the main guys.
my cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:15 AM   #17 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Has anyone ever called the Better Business Burreu on Eagle River Polaris? My friend got his wheeler back Friday and we put about 2-3 hours on it this weekend and now he has an oil leak at the case halfs. I am very intersted to see what happens when he takes it back to them tomarrow. This will make it the 3rd time the engine has been stripped apart since it was new last summer.

I'll let everyone know what happens............
25THZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:08 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Frankly that statement shocks me. I go out of my way to avoid going into that place unless I have some money that I was planning to throw in the garbage.[/b]
Im sorry to hear that. ive always gotten the lowest price on sleds, wheelers, marine, and i just bought a bike yesterday there. i agree the parts dept has a bit of a gouge factor but i wouldnt have my motor built anywhere else.
Fusion900AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Im sorry to hear that. ive always gotten the lowest price on sleds, wheelers, marine, and i just bought a bike yesterday there. i agree the parts dept has a bit of a gouge factor but i wouldnt have my motor built anywhere else.[/b]
We you are right...I'm basing my opinion off my interactions with their parts dept.
MOMMYYYYYY!!!! THE KID ON THE INTERNET HAS A SNOWMOBILE THAT LOOKS LIKE MINE!!!!! WAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Hatcher Pass Polaris, they've helped me out a lot with stuff here and there I get all my parts for SnoX from them. Chris went out of her way to get a piston to me at arctic man after I blew one so I could do the SnoX.
halvortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement