Best snowmobile dolly? - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Michigan This is a state discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I want to buy a snowmobile dolly to move the sleds around at our new barn. The barn has a concrete floor, but I would like to be able to lift the sleds up outside, on the sand, ice and snow, and roll them into the barn. This would keep the carbides from scraping up the floor. All of our sleds are older: we have a 1999 Yamaha Mountain Max, A 1999 ZR700, 3 Mid 80's Yamaha SRVs,a 1996 Thundercat(stretched to 136"), and a 1978 John Deere Spitfire(yeah, baby!!) I see that SPI, sno-stuff, American Manufacturing, and others all make these dollies. They run from $160 up to almost $400 Who makes the best one? I know I will have this thing for years, so I am more concerned about the right one than I am about price. Anyone have any opinions on these?

This is the type of dolly I am looking at:

I'm also looking at the EZMove cart with the big wheel kit:

EZMove Carts

Thanks

Rob
buckford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

Current Sled(s): 2011 Polaris Pro RMK 800
Previous Sled(s): Polaris
Favorite Riding Area: Where it's deep!
Riding Since: 1978

QUOTE (buckford @ Sep 19 2010, 08:14 PM)
Quote:
I want to buy a snowmobile dolly to move the sleds around at our new barn. The barn has a concrete floor, but I would like to be able to lift the sleds up outside, on the sand, ice and snow, and roll them into the barn. This would keep the carbides from scraping up the floor. All of our sleds are older: we have a 1999 Yamaha Mountain Max, A 1999 ZR700, 3 Mid 80's Yamaha SRVs,a 1996 Thundercat(stretched to 136"), and a 1978 John Deere Spitfire(yeah, baby!!) I see that SPI, sno-stuff, American Manufacturing, and others all make these dollies. They run from $160 up to almost $400 Who makes the best one? I know I will have this thing for years, so I am more concerned about the right one than I am about price. Anyone have any opinions on these?

This is the type of dolly I am looking at:

I'm also looking at the EZMove cart with the big wheel kit:

EZMove Carts

Thanks

Rob[/b]
Rob,

I've owned the "hoop" style and to be honest they don't work that great at all. The EZ Move cart however, works great and is worth every penny. Doing sled shows and being a avid snowmobiler myself I've put some carts to the test for sure.

Let me know if you have any question or want to order the EZ Move cart.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 09-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2011 F8 EXT
Previous Sled(s): 2007 F6 + many other Cats
Favorite Riding Area: Oscoda area & Northern Ontario
13-14 Mileage: 2064
12-13 Mileage: 1785
11-12 Mileage: 1310
10-11 Mileage: 2384
Riding Since: 1976

EZ move is great!
kraemerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

not a big can of the east move, but i only move them on showroom and polebarn floors that are smooth. I can see how the easy move would work good on snow and packed sand or dirt.

Pull Over Looser Another Race Is Starting
dubbedcoastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 02' ZR800 efi CC 136" Cobra
Previous Sled(s): 03' F5 SnoPro
Favorite Riding Area: Da' UP
12-13 Mileage: 325
11-12 Mileage: 1300
10-11 Mileage: 1200
Riding Since: 92'

You can load a inline trailer from the rear with a "hoop" style dolly with the larger tires. Inline trailer equals low deck height. I have a narrow driveway and loading from the front requires driving on the lawn which is ok when the ground is frozen but not so much when it's soft. If all you want is to move it around the garage, the easy move works well.
gunner f5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have two easy moves and they work great. I will sell one and give you a good deal. Let me know

David
dhall500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 09 Z1 Turbo 03 F7 S/P
Previous Sled(s): 70 Moto-ski, 72 440Puma,72 303 Panther,96,97 98 ZRTs
Favorite Riding Area: From start to finish 500'

QUOTE (Gunner F5 @ Sep 21 2010, 11:25 PM)
Quote:
You can load a inline trailer from the rear with a "hoop" style dolly with the larger tires. Inline trailer equals low deck height. I have a narrow driveway and loading from the front requires driving on the lawn which is ok when the ground is frozen but not so much when it's soft. If all you want is to move it around the garage, the easy move works well.[/b]
Gunner, I have one w/ the wheel kit, It's not that easy to move in the elements your talking about, and for loading it in your trailer it better be a foot off the ground because the skis will hit and you better be pushing like hell - I've tried it and I have a Renegade inline ................just my 2cts Mick
cheeseandmickaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

QUOTE (cheeseandmickaroni @ Sep 28 2010, 09:37 PM)
Quote:
Gunner, I have one w/ the wheel kit, It's not that easy to move in the elements your talking about, and for loading it in your trailer it better be a foot off the ground because the skis will hit and you better be pushing like hell - I've tried it and I have a Renegade inline ................just my 2cts Mick[/b]
I had a Snow Fire, could do it with a hooper, but like you said, running start! I think gunner's point was better chance of doing it with hoop than ez. IMO, for any garage/cement moving sans weather, ez seems the way to go.

"I didn't know we were on a suicide mission!"

Voicing my opinion... it's my job!!

Quote:
Bitchers bitching about other bitching bitchers is ok,but if a non bitcher makes a thread about bitchers bitching about bitching,well then that non bitcher is just a bitch.
yamahauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I had a hoop style cart that bolted together instead of welded to gether and it sucked. Way too much flex and was a PIA in my opinion. I have not tried the Eazy move but it does look like a good product. for a building you will be fine for just about any of them, but for loading in an enclosed trailer you will also need to make sure you have planty of interior height because when you get it in there you will have to raise the handle (to lower the sled back down) and based on the hoop cart I had ant way, some trailers won't be tall enough to get the sled off of it when you get it in there. I think the Eazy move comes apart and would be better for this scenerio any way, but I have never owner or used one personally, I'm just basing it off of the pictures and it's construction.

You surprised to see us, Clark?
Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.
Matt Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2007 F-1000, 01 ZR8LE, Z120
Previous Sled(s): Way too many Cats
Favorite Riding Area: Cadillac, MI
11-12 Mileage: 600
10-11 Mileage: 900 +
Riding Since: 1972

Easy move is the best option unless you need it to load. Otherwise, it is a no brainer.
turtleheadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement