Wow! - Page 12 - HCS Snowmobile Forums


Michigan This is a state discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2017, 10:27 PM   #111 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
tnts4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,181
Current Sled(s): 2016 MXZx 1200
Previous Sled(s): Tnt's, Blizzard's, R/V's and Sno Pro's
Location: Thumb of Lower MI
Favorite Riding Area: Johannesburg, Lewiston
16-17 Mileage: sucked
15-16 Mileage: better
14-15 Mileage: not enough
13-14 Mileage: fantastic
Age: 61
Riding Since: 1967
Default

Latest, Latest

Portion of dash cam released in Sevenski arrest

ANTRIM COUNTY, Mich. (WPBN/WGTU) -- 7&4 News has obtained video of part of an arrest that sent an 83-year-old man to the hospital on St. Patrick's Day.
The dash cam shows Larry Sevenski being looked over by EMS.
Police say the dash cam up to that point is not available because of an equipment malfunction.
Sevenski was pulled over for a traffic stop on US 131 in Elmira.
Police say he charged their car and pulled his fist back when they tried to pat him down for weapons.
Sevenski says he broke his nose and his arm when troopers put him on the ground.
Sevenski is charged with assaulting, obstructing and resisting an officer during an arrest.
He will be back in court on April 24th.

Link has video but would not let me copy it


Portion of dash cam released in Sevenski arrest | WPBN

tnts4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-17-2017, 11:02 AM   #112 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
dodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,272
Current Sled(s): 2008 IQr, 2008 IQrr, 03 pro-x600
Previous Sled(s): still have 98xc7 220 motor
Location: Central Lower Mi.
Favorite Riding Area: Mancelona cabin "Oleo Acres"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark875 View Post
Every time i hear about this, i look back at the asshat sgt Rennie, the big bad ass D.O.T MSP officer, that would literally get on your truck (18 wheeler) and yell at you, spitting in your face asking for your creditials, makes you really want to become a truck driver. Only to find out you did Nothing wrong, Now i don't know if he really retired, or if someone really broke his nose......

2 of my freinds are msp officers, and both are dicks, i tell them that alot, now i have a couple that are in the sherriffs dept, and they are actually very down to earth guys.
watched the 80s movie Colors this weekend.....Sean Penn's character made me think of this topic...
__________________
I've never had a 10,,,,But I've had 5 twos
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:23 PM   #113 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
markymark875's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,478
Location: Kalkaska/Mancelona
Favorite Riding Area: Luce County
Age: 53
Riding Since: 1967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
watched the 80s movie Colors this weekend.....Sean Penn's character made me think of this topic...
Haven't seen that movie in a LONG time, lol.
markymark875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:48 PM   #114 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
ZR9B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 801
Default

Did state troopers beat up an 83-year-old bar owner Up North?
ZR9B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:30 PM   #115 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
dodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,272
Current Sled(s): 2008 IQr, 2008 IQrr, 03 pro-x600
Previous Sled(s): still have 98xc7 220 motor
Location: Central Lower Mi.
Favorite Riding Area: Mancelona cabin "Oleo Acres"
Default

Whos going to the benefit?
__________________
I've never had a 10,,,,But I've had 5 twos
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #116 (permalink)
HCS Ladies!
 
Rodeo Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,162
Current Sled(s): 2016 MXZ-X 800 E-Tec
Previous Sled(s): 15 so far
Location: Watertown CT
Favorite Riding Area: Maine
15-16 Mileage: 790
14-15 Mileage: 1800
13-14 Mileage: 2400
Age: 56
Riding Since: 1969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.lee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarisjunky View Post
When you get a chance, go and do a ride along with a local department and let me know if you change your opinion. It's a different story when your on the other side.

99% of us do not go out there looking to hurt someone. I leave room for the 1%. If these Troopers are the 1%(the bad apples). They should hold their feet to the fire and charge them more severely than the public due to their position.
I see your point, I know its a dangerous job. I would never sign up to be a police officer as the risk vs reward is not there for me.

Just as any profession or sport like snowmobiling there are bad apples. Not saying these officers are bad apples but it needs to be looked into without people just blindly believing everything they read in a news article.

Again I'm not judging every officer by the actions of these two, but it just should serve as an eye opener to people and the judicial system
I was going to become a police officer way back in the early 80's. Due to "affirmative action" at the time the pd was looking for women and minorities to fill positions. I was at the time teaching self defense and had some full contact martial arts background...anyway, took the initial first exam, and did do a ride along and watched the detective I was with deal with a domestic abuse situation.

A mother and father (drug users and dealers) were high and had put their baby in a microwave. That did it for me. Plus my boyfriend at the time talked me out of it.

I'm sickened more by what people do than ANYTHING law enforcement does.

I was shopping in our local mall and watched a couple talk smack to an officer and then resist. They got what they deserved.

I don't care if the guy was old, based on my friends who are in le and the carp they would have to deal with, I would lean more in their favor.
Rodeo Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:53 PM   #117 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Mt-Pockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 135
Current Sled(s): 151" 1978 Alloutte superbrute 295
Location: In a Tent
Age: 75
Riding Since: 1966
Default

I have a few friends retired from the LE agency's, and some of the story's they have told to me makes me wonder how they get away with half the stuff they do, Lots of false arrests being made because of the way the system is, Larry is in a bad spot, and i for one know for sure, if they were on my property, and kept on doing it, who's to say what i would of done to, pretty sad they feel they have the right to trespass if NOT asked to do so.
glad you didn't continue your task as a LE, just makes another bad apple that didnt go....
__________________
Its not the miles that make the rider its where they can go!
Mt-Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:48 PM   #118 (permalink)
Life Time Member
 
Jerry 976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 23,988
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-Pockets View Post
I have a few friends retired from the LE agency's, and some of the story's they have told to me makes me wonder how they get away with half the stuff they do, Lots of false arrests being made because of the way the system is, Larry is in a bad spot, and i for one know for sure, if they were on my property, and kept on doing it, who's to say what i would of done to, pretty sad they feel they have the right to trespass if NOT asked to do so.
glad you didn't continue your task as a LE, just makes another bad apple that didnt go....




A copy and paste from the article in the 1st post


"Michigan State Police say Friday night two troopers were parked at the corner of US 131 and Thumm Road on St. Patrick’s Day patrols.
Larry Sevenski says all he wanted to do was see if there was a problem, but their encounter ended with Sevenski in the hospital.
“I never believed this could happen,” says Sevenski.
Larry Sevenski has owned Larry’s Seven-Ski Inn on US 131 in Elmira for more than 50 years.
Friday night they were busy for St. Patrick’s Day.
“I remember that somebody told me that the police were watching the bar, so I went out to talk to them, to try to find them,” explains Sevenski.
Sevenski drove across US 131 to Thumm Road. Michigan State Police say that’s when they saw him make a U-turn without using his signal and pulled him over.
“They said I couldn't talk to them. I was breaking some kind of law, I don't know. It got crazy, all at once,” says Sevenski.
Police say Sevenski got out of his car and disobeyed the trooper’s commands.
“The subject then grabbed ahold of the trooper’s wrist and proceeded to make a fist in an assaultive motion. At that point, the trooper initiated his defensive tactics techniques and brought the subject to the ground,” says 1st Lt. Mark Harris, Michigan State Police Gaylord Post."


Nothing for nothing, but where I live Police, local and State sometimes park at and intersection or parking lot to exchange information or just to chat with each other about their shift and what has been going on. Were they watching Larry's bar, who knows Larry could have handled this whole thing in a different way and so could have the State police. In this day and age when a law enforcement officer orders you to do something and you don't more than likely things are not going to be very friendly, if you grab a hold of a law enforcement office and then make a closed fist WTF do you think is going to happen...... It's sad that this happened, but the MSP had no idea what this guy was up to. State police office stops someone for what ever reason, trooper walks up to the car only to get shot in the head, look it up it has happened in the past all across the USA...... Yes there are good and bad law enforcement officers out there, but there are good and bad in every profession..... If you get a chance try and do a ride along with a police officer on a Friday or Saturday night, try the 12:00 am to 8:00 am shift, not a job I would want to do, but someone has to do it and I'm very thankful for what these men and women do.......
__________________
*
*

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstarrick:

because you are all assholes. birds of a feather. never been any truer then in here. douche bag.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry 976:

And yet you're still here posting....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.





To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jerry 976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:27 PM   #119 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
markymark875's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,478
Location: Kalkaska/Mancelona
Favorite Riding Area: Luce County
Age: 53
Riding Since: 1967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry 976 View Post


A copy and paste from the article in the 1st post


"Michigan State Police say Friday night two troopers were parked at the corner of US 131 and Thumm Road on St. Patrick’s Day patrols.
Larry Sevenski says all he wanted to do was see if there was a problem, but their encounter ended with Sevenski in the hospital.
“I never believed this could happen,” says Sevenski.
Larry Sevenski has owned Larry’s Seven-Ski Inn on US 131 in Elmira for more than 50 years.
Friday night they were busy for St. Patrick’s Day.
“I remember that somebody told me that the police were watching the bar, so I went out to talk to them, to try to find them,” explains Sevenski.
Sevenski drove across US 131 to Thumm Road. Michigan State Police say that’s when they saw him make a U-turn without using his signal and pulled him over.
“They said I couldn't talk to them. I was breaking some kind of law, I don't know. It got crazy, all at once,” says Sevenski.
Police say Sevenski got out of his car and disobeyed the trooper’s commands.
“The subject then grabbed ahold of the trooper’s wrist and proceeded to make a fist in an assaultive motion. At that point, the trooper initiated his defensive tactics techniques and brought the subject to the ground,” says 1st Lt. Mark Harris, Michigan State Police Gaylord Post."


Nothing for nothing, but where I live Police, local and State sometimes park at and intersection or parking lot to exchange information or just to chat with each other about their shift and what has been going on. Were they watching Larry's bar, who knows Larry could have handled this whole thing in a different way and so could have the State police. In this day and age when a law enforcement officer orders you to do something and you don't more than likely things are not going to be very friendly, if you grab a hold of a law enforcement office and then make a closed fist WTF do you think is going to happen...... It's sad that this happened, but the MSP had no idea what this guy was up to. State police office stops someone for what ever reason, trooper walks up to the car only to get shot in the head, look it up it has happened in the past all across the USA...... Yes there are good and bad law enforcement officers out there, but there are good and bad in every profession..... If you get a chance try and do a ride along with a police officer on a Friday or Saturday night, try the 12:00 am to 8:00 am shift, not a job I would want to do, but someone has to do it and I'm very thankful for what these men and women do.......
what MT is saying, is, where the MSP officers were parked at first, and they have been doing it for awhile now, i have been at Larry's resturant and seen the MSP in Larry's drive way, and across the street ON Larry's Property.
Again," What the MSP has to say thing"
So it goes to say, whatever the MSP says is the honest to god truth,lol.
markymark875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:12 AM   #120 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
dodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,272
Current Sled(s): 2008 IQr, 2008 IQrr, 03 pro-x600
Previous Sled(s): still have 98xc7 220 motor
Location: Central Lower Mi.
Favorite Riding Area: Mancelona cabin "Oleo Acres"
Default

this is off social media comments.




Mike Cummings · Broker Owner at TCarea.com
I was there that night... My rock band (Tongue Punched) played at Larry Sevenski's Bar on St. Patrick's Day. No.... I did not witness anything that happened involving the time period surrounding Larry's confrontation with the Police (and yes, based on what we've read and by his own account, it was in fact a confrontation - how "threatening" it was, is another question and/or debate). Most people at the bar did not know exactly was going on - you could see the lights from the State Police car and eventually an ambulance from inside the bar and parking lot later on in the night (that is how close they were to the bar). What I DO know is that earlier, the Troopers were parked almost directly in front of the establishment doing patrols. This of course irritated Larry, since the bar was having a pretty busy night and this was the first time a live band was featured in many years.

I do appreciate our local law enforcement - our society depends on them - they serve a great purpose. Do people, even cops "have a bad day" from time to time? Yes, of course. Were they that night? On the surface it does seem like excessive force may have been used, but like most of us, I don't know the whole story. There are many more questions to answer before we can make a true decision. Unfortunately we may never know the best answers since quite conveniently, that dash cam "malfunctioned" and there is no useful footage. Aside from Larry's injuries, this is probably the most dissappointing fact surrounding this case. And, this also really makes the State Police look badly, even IF they truely did nothing wrong.
__________________
I've never had a 10,,,,But I've had 5 twos

Last edited by dodger; 04-21-2017 at 12:36 PM.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:48 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.