Radar Trap - Page 8 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Vermont This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #71 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 04 A/C TurboTouring
Previous Sled(s): Several ....
Favorite Riding Area: NEK- Canada
13-14 Mileage: 882+
12-13 Mileage: 950
11-12 Mileage: 1120
10-11 Mileage: 1022
Riding Since: 1971
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSZRT View Post
Fed land, Silvio Conti wildlife refuge 35 mph
I believe the Statewide max in VT is 35 MPH & NH it's 45 MPH.

Common sense should prevail ...(previous riders post of 122 MPH..reflects there is lack of that among some riders....!!!) there are areas where 50 MPH would be fine...other where 20 MPH s/be it! These trails are not one way closed circuits for professional riders. There are people with kids out there trying to enjoy the outdoors and a few fools trying to kill themselves and the sport.
BAD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #72 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 SkiDoo SWT E-Tec
Previous Sled(s): 2005 Doo GTX SDI Ltd, 2006 Doo Renegade 600 SDI, 94 Doo 470
Favorite Riding Area: Nek in VT/Great N Woods NH
13-14 Mileage: 1200
12-13 Mileage: 800
11-12 Mileage: 1800
10-11 Mileage: 2200
Riding Since: 2005

FYI:

In VT, if nothing is posted on private land there is "no official limit" - Have a mile long trail through a cornfield then have at it . It's 35 in Refuge/Fed land areas, usually 10 in logging areas, and 50 on the lakes.
There can always be signs modifying the 'default' speed limit.
bigfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #73 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 04 A/C TurboTouring
Previous Sled(s): Several ....
Favorite Riding Area: NEK- Canada
13-14 Mileage: 882+
12-13 Mileage: 950
11-12 Mileage: 1120
10-11 Mileage: 1022
Riding Since: 1971
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSZRT View Post
Did anyone get stopped at the radar trap up by the Poker Palace on Saturday????
Questions here raised about VT speed limit and other issues can be answered here & are on the VAST site as well. State land & Federal is 35 MPH thus not only is the Conte 35 MPH but so is the WEST MOUNTAIN WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AREA.... AND Lakes are "Public Roads" so 50 MPH Max.

dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/.../DMV-VN035-Snowmobile_Manual.p...

Common sense prevails elsewhere.... and as can be noted here there are some lacking that... at least in word if not in practice.

OH.... and the reason they are recording MPH in the Conte and giving few tickets.... They are building their case to close it! Documentation exist that the average observed speed is about 45 MPH...(Which in most areas there a good speed... you'll note they don't post anything below 35 MPH when in fact there are areas where slower speeds should be enforced. AND they are recording, with delight several incidents higher I' sure they would love a 122...! You guys are doing your best to help the Sierra Club and others close off these areas to the general public and to snowmobiles in particular...brag it up guys!
By the way do you drive at 100 MPH plus on the interstate?? Why not ???
BAD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #74 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 06 Apex w/ 22,381mi
Previous Sled(s): 04 XC 800 / REV 600
Favorite Riding Area: Lac Saint-Jean, NE Carry
13-14 Mileage: 3,144

Speed set aside, how many forum members participated in the public comment review for the Conte Refuge last year? That is where all the greenies shine in their efforts. The anti greenies will send many written comments and have a few people show up at public meetings. They usually beat the motorized recreational user 4 to one. That is the biggest reason the greenies get their way. Most motorized users do nothing to help themselves when it comes to public land management. Speeding alone will not be a reason for any trail closers and it could be offset by getting involved.
Arnie Pazzaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #75 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2004 xc700sp
Previous Sled(s): 99xc700sp
Favorite Riding Area: st jay island pond
Riding Since: 1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie Pazzaz View Post
Speed set aside, how many forum members participated in the public comment review for the Conte Refuge last year? That is where all the greenies shine in their efforts. The anti greenies will send many written comments and have a few people show up at public meetings. They usually beat the motorized recreational user 4 to one. That is the biggest reason the greenies get their way. Most motorized users do nothing to help themselves when it comes to public land management. Speeding alone will not be a reason for any trail closers and it could be offset by getting involved.
your 100% correct on that one if we all banned together instead of all this bs here the sled heads atv's fishing hunting gun owners motorcyclist would out number them and could push back and ban them from using our trails that only we maintain
ppolaris1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #76 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 MX Z X 800
Previous Sled(s): 2011 XRS 800
Favorite Riding Area: MAINE
13-14 Mileage: 2125
12-13 Mileage: 2,312
11-12 Mileage: 1,000
10-11 Mileage: 5,020
Riding Since: 5

Quote:
Agreed.
snojockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #77 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 15 Ski Doo ACE900 Renegade
Previous Sled(s): 08 gade 05 mxz 2K SX600R
Favorite Riding Area: NEK
11-12 Mileage: 1633
10-11 Mileage: 4134
Riding Since: 1996

Quote:
That's a fact. The moonbats have been involved for decades and push from all angles, it never ends. compromise=failure. I had a laugh with the wife last night as we were both working on conservative causes at our computers till it was time to go to bed. We have been doing it for a few years now and were thinking it would be kinda nice to just kick back and watch some mindless TV show or something like normal folks.
daytripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #78 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2015 XRS 800,2012 MXZX 800, 2007 MXZ 600SDI,
Previous Sled(s): 2012 MXZX 800
Favorite Riding Area: NEK
13-14 Mileage: 2092
12-13 Mileage: 1220
11-12 Mileage: 650
10-11 Mileage: 1900
Riding Since: 15

I don' t know Kieth but I would hope and trust if he was running his sled wide open he was doing it an area where there was no chance of someone one pulling out of another trail or had traffic coming from the other direction. I like to ride fast but do it for all the time I wait for the right time and place and try to responsible about it. I do agree with many that the excessive speed and carelessness of some will ruin it for all. Even if you are a great rid and have control you need to think about the sled that is coming the other way, they may not have the same experience as you and you could cause an accident or kill someone. I have to say I ride more and more with my family and if someone hits them or runs them off the trail or causes any harm I will have take justice in my own hands right then there. Everyone needs to realize this sport is not only about them but many want to enjoy it and in different ways, and this includes those people who want to sight see, pull over and let people pass. I am surprised no one has been shot or killed out there after causing an accident. Be respectfully and stay to the right use your head so we can all continue to enjoy this great sport in a great place.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #79 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 Renegade X 1200
Previous Sled(s): 2008 MXZ X 800R - 2005 Mach Z 1000 - 2002 Polaris
Favorite Riding Area: NEK - Southern VT
13-14 Mileage: 1200
12-13 Mileage: 120
11-12 Mileage: 900
10-11 Mileage: 1200
Riding Since: 1992

All discussions aside, you can bet the house on encountering some type of enforcment everywhere this weekend especially in Southern VT. This is the first shot of any significant snow since October and cops like to get out and ride too especially when they are getting paid to do it.
vtskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #80 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 MX Z X 800
Previous Sled(s): 2011 XRS 800
Favorite Riding Area: MAINE
13-14 Mileage: 2125
12-13 Mileage: 2,312
11-12 Mileage: 1,000
10-11 Mileage: 5,020
Riding Since: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
That's a fact. The moonbats have been involved for decades and push from all angles, it never ends. compromise=failure. I had a laugh with the wife last night as we were both working on conservative causes at our computers till it was time to go to bed. We have been doing it for a few years now and were thinking it would be kinda nice to just kick back and watch some mindless TV show or something like normal folks.

I'm not sure if you subscribe to the Vermont Journal or not.It's a great magazine that tastefully captures the four seasons &way of life.A few issues ago they had a article of deer hunting in VT.In the issues that followed it was entertaining to read the backlash from their readers who were opposed to this activity.What was more entertaining was the actual states from which they lived.Moonbats from California,Florida etc..These are the people you have to watch.Transplants who try to impose their belief on lifelong residents.Personally for me,I visit Vermont 12 months out of the year so it goes well beyond an issue of snowmobiling
snojockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement