Friday night ride Tower Hill/Bear Brook/Epsom - HCS Snowmobile Forums

New Hampshire This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Friday night ride Tower Hill/Bear Brook/Epsom

Headed up last night to Snow Slickers club house for a friday night ride. Got to the club house around 6 on the trail by 6:30 with 13 other sleds. Went threw tower hill to 15 to Bear brook a loop threw there and out the back to primary 301 or 306 cant remember into Epsom for dinner. After some good eats back on the trail back tracked to Bear Brook for a few loops. Back to the truck my 12 and home by 1:30am. Ended up just shy of 65 miles. Trails were in great shape. I cant think of a better way to finish off a bad work week.
buildmyown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2011, 06:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): '06 GSX 600 H.O. SDI Limited / '05 GSX 500 SS
Previous Sled(s): Several 'Cats and Doo's
Favorite Riding Area: Pittsburg, Nash Stream
12-13 Mileage: 300
11-12 Mileage: 250
10-11 Mileage: 1,150
Riding Since: 1986

We rode this area Friday night for the first time, coming over from Newfields. The trails were well groomed; in fact conditions were excellent! It was so good that we made the trip again on Saturday. 55 degrees / 45 MPH I just wished I had explored this earlier in the season. Great effort Snow Slickers!
NH-Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2003 Yamaha RX-1 (Blue)
Previous Sled(s): 2003 Polaris Classic 600
Favorite Riding Area: SNHSS Trail System
Riding Since: 2000

All of us who groom the area have been amazed at how well the snow has been holding up, we have been grooming every night for the last few weeks when it was cold enough and it paid off for sure! I went out and groomed bear brook wednesday and thursday, and was so impressed at how good the trails were I took friday off to ride, got about 90 miles in just within towerhill/bearbrook area! It was great! Be sure to come check us out earlier next year NH-Marcus! If you join the club and get a key card you can park right at our club house in candia! Always a fun place to hang out on a busy saturday, hot food, warm place to change, and fellow snowmobilers to talk with!

It has been an amazing season for us down here in the south, I personally dont think we will make it thru this current warm/rain snap tho - couldnt believe how fast it was all melting yesterday! Woke up this morning and looked in my back yard and was very sad - but all good things have to come to an end I guess right!

Hope to see you out on the trails next year!
Southern New Hampshire Snow Slickers

Over a hundred miles of groomed trails right in Southern NH!! Less than an hour from Boston! Check us out!

www.snowslickers.org Follow us on Facebook!

**Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Southern NH Snow Slickers**
blinc117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): ARCTIC CAT
Favorite Riding Area: NH
10-11 Mileage: 1000+sofar
Riding Since: 1984

we did about 90 miles here last Sunday it was all good except 15 from tower hill to bearbrook,they definately do their best have to say had a blast out on the lake in tower hill,BTW how far was it out to epsom from bear brook and what was the restraunt we always just eat at the gas station just up over the hill from the parking at Bearbrook,I would think you just go out and go right over that little bridge??
fftwentythree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

We ate at the Happy Family Chinese Restaurant its off of RT.28 in Epsom from my understanding. I really have no idea where we were i was just playing fowllow the leader. I think it was about 25 miles from the Snow Slickers club house to the restaurant. There might have been a few loops in there not really sure.

Here is a review of the ride from the man the ran it.
"Trails for the complete ride were the best of the season for a night ride. Bear Brook was awesome and the Fort Mountain Trail Winders trails 360 was in excellent shape. We ate at the Happy Family Chinese Restaurant again and the food was great. After dinner we hooked up to Corridor 15 in the NH Trai Dawgs Systm and met the groomer and then the trails were groomed right into Bear Brook State Park what a ride. We then went and did the Archery and Spruce Pond Trail which was groomed and over Hall Mountain which was also groomed that evening and of course our trails in the Tower Hill area were flat as a pancake what a night as the weather was just right also. One of the best groomed rides we ever had for a Friday Night ride again the groomer operators were in top form. Thanks alot guys it makes our rides so pleasant when trails are like that. We ended up doing 63 miles for the ride and 13 members made the journey another fine turnout for possibly the final Friday night ride of the season."

Sorry i cant be more help maybe blinc117 sees this he will chime back in.

Last edited by buildmyown; 03-06-2011 at 08:29 PM.
buildmyown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2003 Yamaha RX-1 (Blue)
Previous Sled(s): 2003 Polaris Classic 600
Favorite Riding Area: SNHSS Trail System
Riding Since: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by fftwentythree View Post
we did about 90 miles here last Sunday it was all good except 15 from tower hill to bearbrook,they definately do their best have to say had a blast out on the lake in tower hill,BTW how far was it out to epsom from bear brook and what was the restraunt we always just eat at the gas station just up over the hill from the parking at Bearbrook,I would think you just go out and go right over that little bridge??
15 between Bear Brook & TowerHill gets very rough - it gets groomed almost every day too... Next year we are hoping to do some work in that area, we refer to it as 'the rock garden' for reasons that should be obvious if you have been thru there - so with any luck it will be better next year!

Are you thinking of the SunCook Valley Station? Its a mobile station on 28 with a little pizza/sub shop inside?
Southern New Hampshire Snow Slickers

Over a hundred miles of groomed trails right in Southern NH!! Less than an hour from Boston! Check us out!

www.snowslickers.org Follow us on Facebook!

**Any opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Southern NH Snow Slickers**
blinc117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): '06 GSX 600 H.O. SDI Limited / '05 GSX 500 SS
Previous Sled(s): Several 'Cats and Doo's
Favorite Riding Area: Pittsburg, Nash Stream
12-13 Mileage: 300
11-12 Mileage: 250
10-11 Mileage: 1,150
Riding Since: 1986

Hey blinc117, I am planning on joining your club next year! The parking lot is an added bonus. Using the un-plowed lot across the street from Lake Massabesic was entertaining, with all of the huge holes.

Heading up to Nash Stream for a few days... Hopefully some snow left!
NH-Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #8 (permalink)

Everyone who lives in the Manchester area should call the town to have them plow that lot.

Everyone who rides the area should contact the state Bureau of Trails.

The state will not reimburse us to plow that lot. The town owns it.
yamaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement