HCS Snowmobile Forums

HCS Snowmobile Forums (http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/)
-   Maine (http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/276-maine/)
-   -   R.I.P Larry Doody (http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/276-maine/317321-r-i-p-larry-doody.html)

e2spear 03-02-2008 01:47 PM

Which shop was his?

DMANNBLACK600X 03-02-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Which shop was his?[/b]
doody's sled shop

Slow - white - Kcar 03-02-2008 03:06 PM

http://www.doodyssledshop.com/#guestbook

bucky 03-02-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

I can't believe it. I road with Larry last March. We went to the sportsman's club for ribs. Larry knew those trails like the back of his hands. Ride on Larry - RIP. :cry:[/b]

I believe it...... Not stopping is crazy. It only takes a one time collision. Car and sleds don't mix. Feel bad for his family but that is a crazy habit.

powder_king74 03-02-2008 03:33 PM

Larry had a big heart, and big balls. Would give you the shirt off his back,he had his own ways but was a good guy if you got to know him.

Rest In Peace Larry, We'll see you soon, throw a few beers in the cooler.

His handle on this site is "crazy larry" Only has 2-3 posts I believe

plourdessales 03-02-2008 05:15 PM

They didn't call him crazy Larry for nothing. He was very different person. He was disliked by a few but loved by many. He will truly be missed in our community. The racing fans in the area will truily miss him. It will be very hard to replace a man that loved the sport of snowmobiling like he did. Just this past race we had in Caribou on Feburary 10, which he organized and spend over $600 of his own money to clean the ice so we can race. Now that is heartand love. He will be missed by many.

RIP Larry

catf1000s/p 03-02-2008 07:25 PM

i only met larry 2 times and i will say one thing is he liked his nascar and he was a stand up guy and he took care of us in a big way and it is a great loss to the snowmobilers world and iím sure in a lot of peoples lifes.
it was weird that we must of crossed paths with him on sometime saturday on the trails because we were riding in that area also.
r.i.p Larry
Frank

protrax 03-02-2008 08:25 PM

RIP Larry,
you will be greatly missed

1&Only_Iceman 03-02-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Yes, that was him, I was in PI this weekend, everyone was talking about how he lived a crazy life, drugs and booze. I don't have first hand knowlege of this, but after I heard it from the fourth person, I started to wonder. They said, he would proclaim that all the Fish Cops would be in bed after he got sloshed. 85 mph and he hit the car broadside, that's how fast he was going when he hit the crossing. Unfortunate, but another one racked up to speed and probably alcohol. Tragic, but a stupid loss. I'll catch some crap for saying that, but that's how I feel about this situation, can't speak to the others.[/b]

Dude, you ought not pass judgement before the facts are out. I have not seen in print anywhere yet that he was doing 85 when he hit the car. I think you should let the professionals make the decisions on this case before you self diagnose the situation as well. Pretty ballsy to post such slanderous remarks about a person of Larry's caliber. He was a very generous man to many, and a great leader for the community when it came to volunteerism and county pride. Yeah he was definately one crazy guy, but he lived life to the fullest. I know a lot of people that have benefitted from his open hearted charity works, and most of them would be astonished to see your post. I just lost any respect I could have ever had for you and your credibility when it comes to the subject matter of this board. I realize that everyone has a right to their opinion, but I couldn't imagine posting something like that about someone after their recent tragic passing. Just my honest opinion.

Slow - white - Kcar 03-02-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Dude, you ought not pass judgment before the facts are out. I have not seen in print anywhere yet that he was doing 85 when he hit the car. I think you should let the professionals make the decisions on this case before you self diagnose the situation as well. Pretty ballsy to post such slanderous remarks about a person of Larry's caliber. He was a very generous man to many, and a great leader for the community when it came to volunteerism and county pride. Yeah he was definitely one crazy guy, but he lived life to the fullest. I know a lot of people that have benefited from his open hearted charity works, and most of them would be astonished to see your post. I just lost any respect I could have ever had for you and your credibility when it comes to the subject matter of this board. I realize that everyone has a right to their opinion, but I couldn't imagine posting something like that about someone after their recent tragic passing. Just my honest opinion.[/b]
+1^ Some people have no respect. :veryangry: