RCMP Hudson bay/ Porcupine Plain (ridiculous) - Page 4 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Saskatchewan This is a Provincial discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_5 View Post
Yeah, the young one from Vancouver.
Dont know where hes from but I imagine its the same guy.

Hes a pain in the ass.....tries to nail us on our quads when were riding out of down to the railway bed heading to the forest.....actually pulled me over for rolling through a stop sign one time as well....no ticket but had to listen to his bs....hes making lots of new friends I heard.
Capt. Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 03:50 AM   #32 (permalink)

I have a question. When I bought my plates for my sled I was told that I didn't need to permanently attach the plates to my sled, that as long as I had the plate with the sled and the registratoin I was safe. Is this true or was the SGI people telling me lies?
critter73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '12 XF1100T SP

Not letter of the law true...BUT...generally true as the BIG PUSH was to make sure people HAD plates (thus paid for the mandatory trail permit include in the total price for the plate).

Letter of the law is failure to properly display your plate ($80 ticket? It may have gone up?). Generally officers use discretion and thank you for paying while reminding you that it should be displayed. Which, given the history of this issue (majority not paying at all according to the association), should put you on the "good guy" side and not the "bad guy" side. BUT, anybody can be having a bad day or be a "dick" and decide to punish you to the letter of the law; even though you are in the "good guy" minority for having paid and following the spirit of the law better than your "evil", law flaunting, brethern snowmobile rebels.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #34 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '13 m8 162 ltd
Previous Sled(s): 13m8,09 m1,08 m8, '10 m6, 11 f570, 05 f7ext,03 f7,96 zrt 600
Favorite Riding Area: home / bc
12-13 Mileage: 1800
11-12 Mileage: 400
10-11 Mileage: 2600
Riding Since: 14

man down in west yellowstone a few years ago... the whole area sure caters to sledders... you could drive from your hotel down the street to the bar to store with no helmets on and the cops just drive on by. never had problems in BC sledding either. west side of sask is never a problem either but with no snow all winter over here (actually got 8 inches or so from this last blizzard that went thru) i can see traffic is going to be higher on the east/ northeast side. it dont hurt to pull people over once and while to make sure they arent drinking and are registered. as long as you have plates and are valid you could beable to keep under your seat... i think.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #35 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2010 nytro mtx
Previous Sled(s): 99 sx700
Favorite Riding Area: revy
Riding Since: 5

[QUOTE=Prairie Lariat;6291417]On the bolds: You ARE missing something because the law has NEVER said that it was okay to sometimes have alcohol on a motor vehicle

0.0-0.039 -NOT illeagale

0.040-0.079- 24 hr

0.08 and up = fucked

so yeah the law kind says its ok to drink and drive!!!

and i fucking HATE the rcmp

hesitation means devastation
twincam88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #36 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 S.B. ASSAULT
Previous Sled(s): 07 phazer,02 viper,99pol 700xc sp,97 vmax 600.86 indy400

[quote=twincam88;6352064]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Lariat View Post
On the bolds: You ARE missing something because the law has NEVER said that it was okay to sometimes have alcohol on a motor vehicle

0.0-0.039 -NOT illeagale

0.040-0.079- 24 hr

0.08 and up = fucked

so yeah the law kind says its ok to drink and drive!!!

and i fucking HATE the rcmp
Hope you need them one day and they don't show up
Oh yeh I forgot all laws were made to be broken .not
I think you need to grow up a little bit
Assault This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:55 AM   #37 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 07 d7
Previous Sled(s): cats doos yamahas
Favorite Riding Area: where i grew up
12-13 Mileage: 300
11-12 Mileage: 200
Riding Since: 1978
Default We hear you bud

Dookiller just wanted you to know that the group I ride with heard of police harrasment in your area and it scared us away from bringing our hard earned to the community. The people who are giving you a hard time on here I think dont understand. They maybe dont understand that just like there are bad people there are bad police too.
fixjunkdaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:01 AM   #38 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 f8 snopro
Previous Sled(s): to many I'm told
Favorite Riding Area: places with snow
12-13 Mileage: 1100ish
11-12 Mileage: about 300m
10-11 Mileage: new kid=0
Riding Since: 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarisonly View Post
I was a Police officer for 33 years, on two different Police Services in two provinces, so I know a little about law enforcement. Looks like you have one officer who is being unreasonable and or unwilling to use his head and common sense. It takes no intelligence to read the legislation, seek out any type of violator and prosecute them. A real professional is someone who can asses the situation and use the law as a tool to achieve an end, in this case, that end being safer trails for all of us. Sometimes it means arrest or charges, sometimes it means a warning and sometimes it means just letting it go like you never saw it. I worked with buffoons who would write their own mother for driving across a parking lot without a seat belt, and treat her like dirt when writing her up. Thes guys weren't popular with the other members.
One of the places I worked was a small city on BC. We also had a rural RCMP detachment which we worked with quite often. I found that these "see it and write it" type of officers seemed to exist more often in the RCMP. Because of the nature of the organisation, they knew that they would only be there for a couple of years and would be gone to another posting, so they made no long term investments in the community or in Police-Community relations. Also, they did not have to worry about long term credibilty with the local prosecutors office for the same reasons. They could write garbage charges and move on to the next posting in a year or two with no effect on their crediblty in court.
Also, with most of the Canadian population being urban, most of your recruits are gone to be from Urban areas. A lot of them don't fully understand the dynamics of rural living, and don't care. They are just putting in time til they can transfer out to a larger centre.
Don't get me wrong, all Police services have their disfunctional members, however the culture and structure of the RCMP seems to allow these types to exist at a higher ratio.
Your best plan is to pressure the local detachment commander until the problem officer gets his wish and is transferred away. Then maybe you will get a replacement officer who acts more professionally.
This problem is becoming more and more prevelient in small town Sask. The problem comes from several different issues. First and foremost is the lack of senior officers in the smaller communities. For some reason many junior officers seem to have a chip on their shoulder. I'm a firm believer that law enforcement should be local for just this reason. Public accountability is something that is missing from many detachments. Not to mention the use of unsavory interrogation tactics. Obviously crime should be punishable by law that's the way it goes but when it starts to become a community problem then the citizens have a responsibility to rectify the issue. The RCMP are a part of our government, and in a democracy the government should be more afraid of it's people than it's people are of it. If local business, community events and the community as a whole then there should be no reason why that officer is still employed.
ironrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:06 AM   #39 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 f8 snopro
Previous Sled(s): to many I'm told
Favorite Riding Area: places with snow
12-13 Mileage: 1100ish
11-12 Mileage: about 300m
10-11 Mileage: new kid=0
Riding Since: 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarisonly View Post
I was a Police officer for 33 years, on two different Police Services in two provinces, so I know a little about law enforcement. Looks like you have one officer who is being unreasonable and or unwilling to use his head and common sense. It takes no intelligence to read the legislation, seek out any type of violator and prosecute them. A real professional is someone who can asses the situation and use the law as a tool to achieve an end, in this case, that end being safer trails for all of us. Sometimes it means arrest or charges, sometimes it means a warning and sometimes it means just letting it go like you never saw it. I worked with buffoons who would write their own mother for driving across a parking lot without a seat belt, and treat her like dirt when writing her up. Thes guys weren't popular with the other members.
One of the places I worked was a small city on BC. We also had a rural RCMP detachment which we worked with quite often. I found that these "see it and write it" type of officers seemed to exist more often in the RCMP. Because of the nature of the organisation, they knew that they would only be there for a couple of years and would be gone to another posting, so they made no long term investments in the community or in Police-Community relations. Also, they did not have to worry about long term credibilty with the local prosecutors office for the same reasons. They could write garbage charges and move on to the next posting in a year or two with no effect on their crediblty in court.
Also, with most of the Canadian population being urban, most of your recruits are gone to be from Urban areas. A lot of them don't fully understand the dynamics of rural living, and don't care. They are just putting in time til they can transfer out to a larger centre.
Don't get me wrong, all Police services have their disfunctional members, however the culture and structure of the RCMP seems to allow these types to exist at a higher ratio.
Your best plan is to pressure the local detachment commander until the problem officer gets his wish and is transferred away. Then maybe you will get a replacement officer who acts more professionally.
This problem is becoming more and more prevent in small town Sask. The problem comes from several different issues. First and foremost is the lack of senior officers in the smaller communities. For some reason many junior officers seem to have a chip on their shoulder. I'm a firm believer that law enforcement should be local for just this reason. Public accountability is something that is missing from many detachments. Not to mention the use of unsavory interrogation tactics. Obviously crime should be punishable by law that's the way it goes but when it starts to become a community problem then the citizens have a responsibility to rectify the issue. The RCMP are a part of our government, and in a democracy the government should be more afraid of it's people than it's people are of it. If local business, community events and the community are negatively affected as a whole then there should be no reason why that officer is still employed.
ironrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #40 (permalink)

that wee lad in porcupine needs a spanking!!
Got Boost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement