RCMP Hudson bay/ Porcupine Plain (ridiculous) - Page 3 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Saskatchewan This is a Provincial discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledgehammer View Post
cops are fags.
I always thought you more mature than that comment...that's something I would expect more from your Swan River counterpart.
catdog800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
2001xcr800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 131
Current Sled(s): 2001 XCR 800 & 2012 SBA 800
Previous Sled(s): Alot of XLTs...
Location: Hanley,SK
Riding Since: 1987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Lariat View Post
I'm a Saskatchewan born farm boy, so I am very familiar with the rural lifestyle. You don't have to be "one of them" to support the police doing the job asked of them by the Saskatchewan and Canadian people.
I don't think you are a bad guy, I don't know you. You're probably a very nice person, maybe just a little misinformed that the old days of drinking and riding are not "cool" anymore. And yes I would rather meet you on the trail because if we get into an accident, a little booze in your system is going to help my lawsuit against you a lot.
Now back to your local Mountie issues. I again assume you can provide proof of the person who got ticketed for stopping only two seconds instead of three at a stop sign? If it actually happened that way I would hope they fought it.
Perhaps the officers who are "not community oriented" just don't socialize with you and your friends and have their own group to hang out with. But if this is a problem, I would imagine you have spoken with the local detachment, the town and RM and your MLA and MP to have these officers removed from your community and they can bring in some more to your liking.... you know the ones that look the other way when they see you.
I find it very sad that by you having a beer while sledding is doing all you can to ensure safe sledding for everyone else on the trails. I'm not sure if you are trying to justify drinking and driving by saying you are on a board for the growth of your community. That doesn't give you a free pass to bend the rules. I suppose the next person killed by an impaired driver will be the police fault too because they didn't do enough/they did too much/they weren't involved in the community/they didn't read the persons mind and stop them from driving......or some other thing to blame them for.
The police can stop me everyday for all I care, even for nothing at all because I follow the rules as best I can. If I have a ticket coming, then I do. If I get one for something I don't feel I deserve then I'll dispute it in court.
Anyway..... please provide some proof of all the examples you gave. I will gladly research them and verify them for the rest of the good folks on here.



holy drama queen
__________________
12 SwitchBack Assault
01 xcr 800
10 rmk trail
97 xlt sp
2001xcr800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 150
Location: Canada
11-12 Mileage: 1250
Default

Finally some police presence on the trails. I do most of my snowmobiling on the west side of the forestry on the Pasquia trails. During the last few years, i have really noticed the amount of recklass or stupid actions increasing. I am not being stereotypical here, but most were from the city or down south. The main actions were dangerous driving. Numerous times, i have encountered riders not respecting the speed limit, trail conditions, or two way trails. Its dangerous to be out on the trails especially when these people have had some alcohol. The presence of the RCMP make riders more aware of their surroundings and actions.

For example:

Last year, i was having a weiner roast at one of the warm up shacks. I heard a snowmobile in the distant and could tell they were riding as fast as possible. Coming around the corner and mashing the throttle. Turns out it is a 800 xp with a can and the guy from Stoon. 5 minutes later, his two friends who were driving responsibly arrived. The leader was the only one who knew the trails, and the friends didn't. The leader then leaves doing a massive wheelie.

He was a prick and nothing more.
megrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
dt6957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,036
Current Sled(s): 2014 ZR6000 RR
Previous Sled(s): 2008 F6 LXR (wife)
Location: sask
Favorite Riding Area: Hudson Bay
Riding Since: 1978
Default

we got stopped by Hudson Bay on the weekend. Real nice guys and we weren't breaking any laws so they had no reason not to be nice!!
__________________
Cat History:
1976 Cheetah 5000
1997 Cougar 550
1998 ZR600efi Limited
1997 ZR440
2000 ZR600efi Limited
2002 ZR800efi Cross Country
2003 F7 Sno-Pro Team Canada
2000 ZRT600 Limitied
2002 ZL550esr
2002 ZR800efi
2004 Sabercat 600lx
2003 F7 Sno-Pro Team Arctic
2005 Sabercat 600efi
2006 Crossfire 600
2007 F6
2008 F6 LXR Pink (wife)
2008 Jaguar Z1 Black
2008 Jaguar Z1 Green
2010 Z1 EXT Turbo
2012 F1100 NA 50th edition black sno-pro (order)
dt6957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #25 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 20,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by megrizzly View Post
Finally some police presence on the trails. I do most of my snowmobiling on the west side of the forestry on the Pasquia trails. During the last few years, i have really noticed the amount of recklass or stupid actions increasing. I am not being stereotypical here, but most were from the city or down south. The main actions were dangerous driving. Numerous times, i have encountered riders not respecting the speed limit, trail conditions, or two way trails. Its dangerous to be out on the trails especially when these people have had some alcohol. The presence of the RCMP make riders more aware of their surroundings and actions.

For example:

Last year, i was having a weiner roast at one of the warm up shacks. I heard a snowmobile in the distant and could tell they were riding as fast as possible. Coming around the corner and mashing the throttle. Turns out it is a 800 xp with a can and the guy from Stoon. 5 minutes later, his two friends who were driving responsibly arrived. The leader was the only one who knew the trails, and the friends didn't. The leader then leaves doing a massive wheelie.

He was a prick and nothing more.
maybe we should all ride 550fanners.....must have been a real loud can to be able to hear them coming with you being in the warm up shack with a fire going and I suspect the door being closed....

I call BS....
Capt. Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #26 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7
Default

Well, time to report back.
After a weekend of riding, we didn't get stopped on sleds at all.
We did see the police once, as they were parked outside the Cove one night. As we usually do, we had a safe ride home, so no worries there.


I did some confirmation and opinion grabbing from my brother (who is still lives in the Porcupine area).
The parade story is true. The lawn mower story is true. He couldn't confirm the rest though.
But here is the kicker... it's one cop causing all of the problems... and apparently he's being dealt with in the coming months.
With that said, it seems most people in town don't seem to have a problem with the rest of the RCMP staff.
Omega_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 20,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_5 View Post
Well, time to report back.
After a weekend of riding, we didn't get stopped on sleds at all.
We did see the police once, as they were parked outside the Cove one night. As we usually do, we had a safe ride home, so no worries there.


I did some confirmation and opinion grabbing from my brother (who is still lives in the Porcupine area).
The parade story is true. The lawn mower story is true. He couldn't confirm the rest though.
But here is the kicker... it's one cop causing all of the problems... and apparently he's being dealt with in the coming months.
With that said, it seems most people in town don't seem to have a problem with the rest of the RCMP staff.
Are you talking about the cop in Porcupine plain????
Capt. Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #28 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 150
Location: Canada
11-12 Mileage: 1250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstinker View Post
maybe we should all ride 550fanners.....must have been a real loud can to be able to hear them coming with you being in the warm up shack with a fire going and I suspect the door being closed....

I call BS....

It was too warm to be inside the shelter. So we were outside. With a valley running beside the shelter and the trail following the valley, you can hear pretty good.
megrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 128
Current Sled(s): xf 800 high country
Previous Sled(s): 2001 zr 600
Favorite Riding Area: Pense
Default

wow this was a waste of time to read. Beers all around!
klemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #30 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstinker View Post
Are you talking about the cop in Porcupine plain????
Yeah, the young one from Vancouver.
Omega_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0