sledwerx and orps deals - Page 3 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Ontario This is a Provincial discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #21 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINMUP View Post
He's the leader of "drop shipping" parts..... Spence whined about Jims advertising and how he went about it....Jim did the same thing that Spence has done for years.... Spence played a bit of dirty poole in my books. Jim took the battle way too far.....so in reality, they both got what they deserved. Business men need to act professional, not like children. WHile Jim acted like a dick on another website regarding the matter...Spence is no angel and it's not the first time he's been turfed from a website.
Does it matter how Spenc is the LEADER in the industry???!!!! He gets it DONE!

Jim has not been very ethical in his advertising tactics....and has been disrespectful towards other vendors and EVEN members such as myself (and I hadn't even said a thing and he insulted me just for liking 2kool!), so yes, I do hold this personal.

I would have to say Spenc has been very behaved on the internet since he had become a supporting vendor....

This site itself is a business, and the BS going on between ORPS and 2Kool are really small in the big picture of what goes on around here.

Banning was a POOR decision that I am sure was a 'moderator' type decision that someone 'higher' up should have been consulted.

my 2 cents worth...

Old 02-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 340 indy

i would have to say there was a pissing match going on between the 2 of them but competition is better for us. i have personaly bought from both guys. there is one i would never buy from again. that would be spenc. when having conversations with him he was rude and arrogant. he also said he wouldnt be undersold or beat. i showed him multiple sites and prducts that were better priced then his. his risponse was. i can not touch that price and that its being sold off the back of some crack heads truck. then offers his product at 5$ off which was still more. then gets mad when you decide not to do business with him.
03zr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03zr9 View Post
i would have to say there was a pissing match going on between the 2 of them but competition is better for us. i have personaly bought from both guys. there is one i would never buy from again. that would be spenc. when having conversations with him he was rude and arrogant. he also said he wouldnt be undersold or beat. i showed him multiple sites and prducts that were better priced then his. his risponse was. i can not touch that price and that its being sold off the back of some crack heads truck. then offers his product at 5$ off which was still more. then gets mad when you decide not to do business with him.

Ditto
09 MCX turbo best run 8.44 @ 155.21
stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): MXZ 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87gtNOS View Post
Does it matter how Spenc is the LEADER in the industry???!!!! He gets it DONE!

Jim has not been very ethical in his advertising tactics....and has been disrespectful towards other vendors and EVEN members such as myself (and I hadn't even said a thing and he insulted me just for liking 2kool!), so yes, I do hold this personal.

I would have to say Spenc has been very behaved on the internet since he had become a supporting vendor....

This site itself is a business, and the BS going on between ORPS and 2Kool are really small in the big picture of what goes on around here.

Banning was a POOR decision that I am sure was a 'moderator' type decision that someone 'higher' up should have been consulted.

my 2 cents worth...
With input from the sites staff (Mods & Admin) ALL of the information was passed onto the owners of the site and the owners of the site made the final decision.
Jerry 976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '08 F1000 Nightfire
Previous Sled(s): F7, T-Cat, ZR700, Sno-Scoot
Favorite Riding Area: Paudash/Bancroft
Riding Since: 1990

"Friendly" competition = the customers (us) win.

"Un-friendly" (childish) competition = the competition is banned = everyone loses .

I saw little comments posted here and there ... most of it subtle, but still there. Neither side was innocent. It's still too bad that it got carried away.

Oh well, I think we all know there are a couple good places to go for deals!
Cap'n Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #26 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

Banning a paying customer means less parts are sold, less deals are given to customers, and ultimately LESS MONEY FOR HCS..... Obama must be running verical scope by the looks of things.....

HCS as a company has been going downhill the past couple years compared to other sites for this exact type of reasoning... And ive heard it from MANY advertisers which is pretty sad. They dont seem to care about the customer (US ADVERTISERS) and show it time and time again...

Proven Design Products
www.provendesignproducts.com
29553 Costello Dr.
New Hudson, MI 48165
(248) 264-6089
customsnowflaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 F1100 Turbo Limited
Previous Sled(s): 03 Firecat F7, 96 ZRT6, 90 Prowler, 79 SRX, 81 ET340
Favorite Riding Area: Central Ontario
12-13 Mileage: 2100
11-12 Mileage: 1300
10-11 Mileage: 1200
Riding Since: 78

I wonder how many other advertisers feel the same
Old 02-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #28 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 08 apex rtx, 2012 1200 renegade
Previous Sled(s): to many to list
Favorite Riding Area: almaguin

Spence likes to play dirty, when a competitor was outselling him on atv tires he went crying to the suppliers to try and get his competiton to raise their prices
i have bought 2 things from him and it was only because i was in the area working so i was able to pickup direct from his house, i tried on a few other things but he would never answer emails or return calls, other people i know went thru the same, lots of times his prices are not the cheapest anyways
its easy when you run out of your house and are not paying for a store front, industry leader-no, drop shipper- yes

just my opinion
mbrp header, pb80
ScottyRtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2011 switchback ASSAULT
Previous Sled(s): 2004 skidoo 600sdi
Favorite Riding Area: Haliburton\Port Perry

Id buy anything from Jim. First place id go. Not too many glowing responses for the other guy.
Redsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #30 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 Renegade 1200
Previous Sled(s): 2012 xf 1100t ltd
Favorite Riding Area: Northern Ontario
13-14 Mileage: 10,853
12-13 Mileage: 9,663 km
11-12 Mileage: 12,162 km
10-11 Mileage: 8,497 km

I've always had great service from Spenc, priced a few things I never purchased just kicking tires to see if its something I really really want. He was always quick to quote me even on weekends and helpful. Maybe guys get the wrong impression don't know...
Greensmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement