Best helmet for use with glasses - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Ontario This is a Provincial discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Not sure where to post this for high traffic so posting here. Looking for info on the best helmet to wear when wearing glasses. Have tried several different modulars; the helmet visor doesn't fog but the glasses do; at times frost. Ride 5000 to 6000 miles a year in sometimes minus 25-30 degrees and sometimes in rain. 8>) Any suggestions? Feedback? would be appreciated. Thanks
(posting this for hubby)
Janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2010, 07:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

SnowCross mx helmet, and bite the bullet and get pro-vue goggles. I struggled for years and other than contact lenses, this was the best. Clear range of vision, hard to go back now.

http://www.pro-vue.com/snow.html
StevieWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

try a Doo Modular II or a Doo BV2S helmet.... small motorcycle style goggle glasses under the helmet would be sealed on the backside...

I tried a single disposable soft contact last summer during surgery & the new lenses are outstanding, may be a better option..

Hi end...go for implantable contact lenses , been happy with the distance corrections beyond words
DOO-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I know how he feels.
The only thing that has worked for me is a no-fog mask over my nose and mouth. They look funny, but it's better than not being able to see.
rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): f1000 sp
Previous Sled(s): f7 nightfire

ski doo modular will do the trick,no belaclava over your nose to keep the seal of resperator good and your glasses wont fog.
fst
fst f7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Quote:
ski doo modular will do the trick,no belaclava over your nose to keep the seal of resperator good and your glasses wont fog.
fst[/b]
X2 ride with a few guys that wear glasses and they never have a problem.
creekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Advanced Member

He can't wear contacts; had eye surgery few years back, left a bump on one eye. Has used a no-fog and worked some, but still ended up with glasses icing up. He's also used all of the gimmicks and sprays advertised....don't work. (I had the same problem with my glasses, but was able to switch to contacts for sledding; work great for me) Keep up with the suggestions, hopefully will hit on a solution.

Anyone used the BVS2 helmet? Did a search on it; most of the reviews are from 2006-2008. Thanks guys.
Janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Yamaha Venture GT, Phazer GT
Favorite Riding Area: Port Severin

Quote:
Not sure where to post this for high traffic so posting here. Looking for info on the best helmet to wear when wearing glasses. Have tried several different modulars; the helmet visor doesn't fog but the glasses do; at times frost. Ride 5000 to 6000 miles a year in sometimes minus 25-30 degrees and sometimes in rain. 8>) Any suggestions? Feedback? would be appreciated. Thanks
(posting this for hubby)[/b]

I tried helmet with heated visor and the heat definately helps. I use the GMAX helmet and I can feel the heat on my face.
The other thing you can do is not to wear your glasses too close to your face. Adjust the nose clips on the glasses to do that.

Hope that helps

Pin
pincave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Riding Since: 1861

My son could not get the hang of contacts / tried all the supposed "no fog" crap..............bought him a modular 2 this year. Few teething problems getting the mask properly adjusted but it's been clear sailing the last two trips out, he flat out loves it.
Best part, most Doo doo dealers have em on sale / paid $240 something at St Onge (hate their service but the helmet was priced right).
zr sled head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I use a Polaris AF-1 it works for me-the glasses do fog once in a while-lift the visor a little to clear the lenses and continue on-I don't think anyone can guarantee you 100% fog free
IMHO
hunter111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement