Ice highway to Moosonee? - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Ontario This is a Provincial discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2006, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Hey all, I was just wondering about the ice highway. A friend of mine moved to Moosonee this year and I want to visit him up there. I heard about the ice highway that usually get assembled through the winter, but more interstingly I heard rumor it will run from Cochrane to Moosonee this year in particular. Has anyone ever driven the iceway with their sled as a trip or do most usually just take their trucks? I think it'd be a wild run on a sled. Seeings how far it is in a STRAIGHT line (not counting the actual corners and such lol) I'm sure I'd need a couple jerry's lol. :drunk:
guyfromthenorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2006, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I got a buddy who moved up there as well this year working at the airport
Kragar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

That does sound like a blast!! keep us posted!
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I definitely will, hopefully someone else can post up if they have more info. I'll get my buddy up there to look into it further. It'd be wild to take a trip that far up north in what is basically a PERFECT sled highway lol :banana:
Old 11-06-2006, 10:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

ya i live in moosenne, what do u want to know? there is goin to be a road but not for the public only for the hydro line works.but u can also come up by a guide it is a wicked ride, he will get u your fuel, 185 miles up no groom trails brakin trail all the way in the powder. then when u get here u can ride out to the bay,james bay. but ya you can sure come up here ,i will be goin out and in all year long to timmins on sled NO TRUCK for me this year lolhahahhhaha. : :beerchug:

thanks kragar for tellin me about this web site, and this dude needin help comeing up to the great white north.but i will ask him a few questions to see if he rides and acts like me hahahahhah :drunk:
thegongsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

The only way to make it to Moosonee by sled is with Extream Tours out of Cochrane. No other way to get fuel other than set it up with them as far as I know.

PPSC Club Forums

GO TEAM OFSC

NOT A FAN OF THE CAN - IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO BRAPPP PLEASE STAY OFF THE TRAILS I WANT TO KEEP RIDING ON

Rick
Nutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Good info, I was under the impression from a couple people that there would be an actual plowed ice hwy, like the one we used to make accross lake temagami in the winters, that one could drive from cochrane to get to moosonee. I assumed you could just follow that with a sled. I guess maybe I was told wrong. Unless this is going to be a new thing this year?
Old 11-07-2006, 07:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Good info, I was under the impression from a couple people that there would be an actual plowed ice hwy, like the one we used to make accross lake temagami in the winters, that one could drive from cochrane to get to moosonee. I assumed you could just follow that with a sled. I guess maybe I was told wrong. Unless this is going to be a new thing this year?[/b]

LOL!! I used to stay in Temagami at New Years about 15 or 16 yrs ago!! Some of the cars would drive as fast as the sleds across the lake to Bear Island!!! Back then, the kids on Bear Island used to drool over our sleds!!! Life was more isolated back then I suppose for them!!

Hey, did you ever get around to winterizing your boat this year?? Or did you just leave it in the water??!!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
LOL!! I used to stay in Temagami at New Years about 15 or 16 yrs ago!! Some of the cars would drive as fast as the sleds across the lake to Bear Island!!! Back then, the kids on Bear Island used to drool over our sleds!!! Life was more isolated back then I suppose for them!!

Hey, did you ever get around to winterizing your boat this year?? Or did you just leave it in the water??!!!! [/b]
Nope I don't actually own a boat. I USED to live in Temagami about 10 yrs or so ago, I live closer to cochrane now. Bear Island was always an interesting place wasn't it :smilielol:
Old 11-07-2006, 09:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

it is just goin to be frozen snow pack road but it is for a company out of ablerta,but it will cross a few rivers on the way up.u also can make plans with ONR train to drop off fuel for u along the way if you want, the train will do anything and stopp anywhere. i will let u know as soon as the road is open because i will be sliding on to it . :div20:
thegongsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement