what to do about trespassers? - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Ontario This is a Provincial discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2017, 05:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 92 RXL 95 XLT 89 Trail
Previous Sled(s): 70's iron
15-16 Mileage: 800
14-15 Mileage: 1000
13-14 Mileage: 1000
Riding Since: 1967

Are you guys in the city? I though Canada had lots of wide open spaces. Are these pastures? We have lots of farms and woodlots around here and cutting shortcuts is almost always no big deal. Around here if people put up no trespassing signs they are usually from Massachusetts. I'm just surprised Canadians are getting just as uptight.
cadillac_al 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2017, 05:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

16-17 Mileage: 1000
15-16 Mileage: 2000
14-15 Mileage: 5000
13-14 Mileage: 4000
Riding Since: 1970

Trespassing is Trespassing and especially if there is signs it should be obeyed. Need to respect others properties they pay taxes on it, they own it so unless you have asked permission you should stay off it.

Yeah I guess you can say I get uptight about trespassers. I've always asked permission to hunt properties and landowners really appreciate it and give me the authority to kick others off . Maybe times have changed as our area gets more populated .

Last edited by ONTTURBO; 03-20-2017 at 05:52 PM.
ONTTURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Life Time Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unabomber View Post
not sure why some folks think I would lie just because it was my first post on this forum! If it was not clear before, all incidents were by different people on different days. Cops caught up to the yahoos from yesterday.

I would have handled this guy differently if it was not -30C out. Gave him 24 hours to get it out otherwise I would have done it.

Seems I dont have enough posts yet to add an image.

You need 10 posts, on your 11th post you can add pics and attachments....

Name:  No warning shots.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  53.6 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	nothing worth dying for.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	1837706

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstarrick:

because you are all assholes. birds of a feather. never been any truer then in here. douche bag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry 976:

And yet you're still here posting....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jerry 976 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2017, 09:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): FX Nytro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac_al 3 View Post
Are you guys in the city? I though Canada had lots of wide open spaces. Are these pastures? We have lots of farms and woodlots around here and cutting shortcuts is almost always no big deal. Around here if people put up no trespassing signs they are usually from Massachusetts. I'm just surprised Canadians are getting just as uptight.
Why is it that you assume nobody cares about you cutting across farm land and wood Lots? Actually, why would you cut across someone's land? Plain and simple, if it's not your land and the trail doesn't run across it, stay off. It has nothing to do with being Canadian...it's about respect for other peoples property.
LINMUP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac_al 3 View Post
You sound like a guy who doesn't own any land? Think you're entitled to go wherever you want.We have 156 acres. I love snowmobiling. I don't want sleds running wherever they want on my property!
awful knawful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 92 RXL 95 XLT 89 Trail
Previous Sled(s): 70's iron
15-16 Mileage: 800
14-15 Mileage: 1000
13-14 Mileage: 1000
Riding Since: 1967

We own lots of land and never cared if anybody rode a sled across it. Now riding a truck across it in mud season is another issue. Snowmobiles can not hurt the earth unless there is no snow. There should be more important things in life to worry about. Sleds ride across our farms every year and the crops always come up every year. No worries.
cadillac_al 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
The Lummox

Current Sled(s): 2011 pro r 800 rush retro,03 ZR 900(sold)
Previous Sled(s): 1998 xcr700,1998 xc700,1988 400 classic
Location: MT Olympus, Manitoba,the north end of the Interlake
Favorite Riding Area: Over there
15-16 Mileage: 1000
14-15 Mileage: Lol
13-14 Mileage: 1500
Riding Since: 1867

It's been my experience that the sledders that trespass will likely return in the summer with the atvs . Because, you know they don't respect shit. So yeah ,I would be upset if someone was riding in the back 40

Success is 1% inspiration, 98 % perspiration, and 2% attention to detail
xcr700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 MXZX 1200
Previous Sled(s): 2011 Apex, 2009 FX Nytro SE, 2005 Vector, 1996 Formula Z583
16-17 Mileage: 2500 km
15-16 Mileage: 4300 km
14-15 Mileage: 4000 km
13-14 Mileage: 5100 km

I'd suggest more signage stating that there are cameras recording trespassers.
Then add chains across the trails...with visible markers on them...then t-bar posts hammered into the ground about a foot apart and a camera aimed at this obstruction, so if they mash it down, you have them for vandalism too.

Ample signage and regular calls to the Police should get results.
grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:00 PM   #19 (permalink)

Well trespassing is low priority for the cops these days. I have submitted complaints for each person I could identify and it turns out they are just getting to my complaints now that winter car crash season has ended. The cops seemed very reasonable about it all and explained how it works. They will issue a ticket the first time caught and second time will be a summons for court. For the dude on side by side who ripped up a bunch of stuff with his tractor, he will get a special court appearance as it was more than trespassing.

I dont want to debate whether it is a big deal to trespass or not. I paid for the land so I will make the rules on it I also have a trail pass when I want to venture onto OFSC trails.

Will also fence the areas that need it over the summer but what throttles me the most is how when people are caught they plead ignorance and that it is not a big deal. I live in an area that I would classify as a 'feeder area' for the main trail system so the folks trespassing are all locals who live near by. They will get the message.

The trail cams I have are great, if one gets found, it is doubtful the others would at the same time. Pics are as clear as daylight!
unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2008 Polaris FST & 2005 Polaris 600 Classic
Previous Sled(s): 1996 Polaris 800 Indy Storm-RIP and a Polaris 340 TXL
Location: Central Penna where you have to travel at least 6 hours to ride a snowmobile
Favorite Riding Area: Boonville and Otter Lake
Riding Since: 10

You may want to have 2 cameras at each location "watching " each other in case someone decides to take one. I also put them up high enough in my hunting/scounting area that you need a small ladder to get them down. It least it makes it a challenge if someone wants them.
palerider9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement