Rolphton to Stonecliffe - Page 3 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Ontario This is a Provincial discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2017, 02:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 17 Sidewinder LTX-SE, 12 f1100lxr
Previous Sled(s): 12 F 1100 SP Turbo06 cf 700 SP, 05 F7sp, 08 f1000, 07 cf1000
Favorite Riding Area: Norther Ontario/ Quebec
16-17 Mileage: 800
15-16 Mileage: 1800
14-15 Mileage: 2200
13-14 Mileage: 2500
Riding Since: 1969

Right on Daryl! This is something that should be changed. There should be more money put into the OFSC by the Ontario government as we bring a shit load of money to certain districts. It would be a great help to actually pay some operators and clearing etc.

Jester

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2017, 03:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Actually I have been told by several reliable sources that the OFSC has many full timers living in the TAJ MAHAL in Barrie., that don,t really put in much of a days work. LOL
With to-days technology, is it really that hard for trail bosses from each club to daily inform, by a certain time each evening whoever controls the colors on the OFSC website what color to mark their particular trails ?
Or are sledders just suppose to say the H*ll with the OFSC site, and ride the trails as they see fit ?
I,m actually very surprised that more sledders aren,t complaining about how infrequently the OFSC map is updated during the riding season.
Again, are sledders suppose to use the OFSC site as gospel, or decide on their own if they should sled in certain areas, or not ?
I get the volunteer part, and I give them kudos as often as I can.
However, are we suppose to use the OFSC site as a rough guide, or gospel, and what happens when the crap hits the fan, after an accident happens on OFSC trails, and there is a dispute about what color the trails where marked on the map ?
What criteria is a sledder suppose to use to decide IF we should go, or not go, on certain trails ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by largedaryl View Post
The OFSC and "management" is 99% volunteers. This is not a billion $ government corp with 3 heads for every task. A volunteer system is going to have the above issues.... no way around it when... get what you pay for sometimes, and the current OFSC volunteer labour rate is 0. Lets not forget that.
Frozenstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 17 ZR 9000 limited

Good post, but should keep it focused on the title.. .

Hope to see yas this weekend at the golf course ...mattawa that is.
lilrez is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2017, 04:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

That title is what got me going on this subject. LOL
Buddies wanted to head up that way a couple of weeks ago, so I checked the OFSC map, and ALL the trails in that area were RED, so I declined.
A day later I get pictures showing perfect trail conditions, so I kinda got thinking and said, WTF ?
Again, the OFSC needs to keep their site up to date, on a daily basis.
Pretty easy to do with to-days technology, don,t you think so ?
All they got to do is give access to each trail boss from each district. It,s not as if they have to go ride or walk the trails daily to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrez View Post
Good post, but should keep it focused on the title.. .

Hope to see yas this weekend at the golf course ...mattawa that is.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2013 Apex XTX
Previous Sled(s): Nytro, then New Polaris evry 2 yrs since 89
Favorite Riding Area: chase da snow
14-15 Mileage: 1000
13-14 Mileage: 3000 miles
Riding Since: 1972
Default trail updates

Perfect....

FROZENSTIFF is now the "lead" volunteer on integrating technology with the various local/district/provincial entities.....

thanks for steppin up

Get er' done bud.....hell it does sound pretty easy ....we'll be expecting results on this soon..........

I'm OK with.... snirt
2013 Apex XTX, Star kit and revalved/Curves/WRP seat/Lake Effect riser/20 series agm battery
terez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Hey Terez, I bet you were the class clown during your 2 years in grade 3.
Do you, or do you not, ride on trails that are designated red, on the OFSC trail guide ?
Old 03-15-2017, 01:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2013 Apex XTX
Previous Sled(s): Nytro, then New Polaris evry 2 yrs since 89
Favorite Riding Area: chase da snow
14-15 Mileage: 1000
13-14 Mileage: 3000 miles
Riding Since: 1972
Default volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenstiff View Post
Hey Terez, I bet you were the class clown during your 2 years in grade 3.
Do you, or do you not, ride on trails that are designated red, on the OFSC trail guide ?

Was actually voted class clown in grade 6...did pass....close tho

52, been sledding all my life.
Been a sled volunteer for most of that as well in some form or another.
So are most of my sleddin crew now...
So was my Dad before me and his crew.
Currently a BEAST member and volunteer, landowner coordinator and all around slave.

There is much dysfunction and problems with how this and most volunteer organizations run...or business for that matter.

If yer gonna troll around the internet and piss/moan and bash..yer gonna get a lil splashback fella.
And tossin around statements like "it'll be easy" and "this should be done and that should be done" it's gonna get taken a lil raw by those that are putting their shoulder behind things as best they can.

AND like the real world..not just the Inet....if you aren't offerin' to help or have constructive solutions...keep er to yerself.

I have no clue how the maps are updated, uploaded/downloaded/interfaced or any other techy internet crap....which is why I don't throw rocks at the process or cry about it...even if it doesn't work well.
I help where I can, offer the skills and time I have that I am good at.....and shut the F...UP about things I can't or won't fix.
Pretty much role that way at my paying job too...and the other things I volunteer for.

So....back to the start.... are ya the next OFSC club/district IT volunteer or not?? easypeasy....right?

If you are I stand corrected and owe ya a beer
If not then......carry on

I'm OK with.... snirt
2013 Apex XTX, Star kit and revalved/Curves/WRP seat/Lake Effect riser/20 series agm battery
terez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 98 XC 700
Previous Sled(s): 95 INDY 500,85 FORMULA PLUS,440 TNT,340 OLYMPIC
Favorite Riding Area: 0NTARIO
13-14 Mileage: 2400
Riding Since: 1986

I agree 100% with you TEREZ. I am also a volunteer for OSGOODE SNOWMOBILE CLUB, in the past I complained about the trails then I did something about it. I became a groomer operator, trail patroller, groomer mechanic, and did just about anything else needed. As for the main topic the trails where mint!! and still look good for a couple of weeks. As for the ofsc trail map I would rather get my info from my HCS brothers and sisters.
osgooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:04 PM   #29 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I am not, and have zero intentions of doing any more trail stuff.
My time for volunteering with our local club has come and gone.
Way back when, I, along with many others, did volunteer a lot of hours to actually build our clubhouse, and maintain trails.
Now it,s the next generations turn.
I didn,t realize it was pissing and moaning when someone is actually trying to imply that there has got to be better ways for the OFSC to communicate to its membership on a daily basis whether the trails are officially open, or not.
My beef is with OFSC headquarters, who seem to collect and control how often the OFSC map is updated.
Enjoy running the trails whenever, and as you see fit, and good luck keeping the broken bones to a minimum.
A huge thank you to ALL the volunteers from all the clubs for doing the best they could, with the conditions they had to work with.

Last edited by Frozenstiff; 03-15-2017 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 98 XC 700
Previous Sled(s): 95 INDY 500,85 FORMULA PLUS,440 TNT,340 OLYMPIC
Favorite Riding Area: 0NTARIO
13-14 Mileage: 2400
Riding Since: 1986

You are correct Frozenstiff. It is time for the next generation to volunteer. Volunteers as your self get bunt out and I thank you for your contribution to the sport. As for reporting trail conditions that should be better than it is.
osgooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement