Hardcore Sledder banner

Gotta Love Royal Dist.

3K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  MR WEEZ 
#1 ·
I called my Yamaha dealer to buy cam buttons for my secondary. They wanted $13 each. How rude. I looked in Royals book and the part was $2.49 each. :thumbsup:

#4 ·
I know for my Polaris that yes the buttons from Royal are way more economical, they don't last nearly as long as OEM. There is a big difference in material used. I find the ones from Royal are a softer plastic and the oem are more like a rigid fiber product (hard to explain but they are a lot more durable).
I only buy oem and they last many more miles longer and saves me time from pulling off the clutch to inspect all the time.

#5 ·
Was why I asked. We used to buy aftermarket cam shoes and buttons which we installed in our own and customers clutches of all brands, no more, way softer inferior materials and why they are cheaper, in the end you're much better off with OEM buttons and not worry about longevity and possible other internal damage from premature wear.

#6 ·
For OEM $35 a set as opposed to $10 for aftermarket I'm willing to see how they hold up. My original set lasted for 8000 km's with some meat left on them. I'll see what the new ones look like after each ride. I pull and clean my clutches after each ride anyways.:dunno:

#11 ·
I dont use anything from Royal unless i'm in dire need. After I learned that they mark all their stuff up by 100%...forget it!
I ordered all new klim gear online, compared prices to Royal and the difference was an eye opener. Royal even had a 40% sale on the stuff I wanted, was still a $150 difference. I dont know how they are still in business.

#12 ·
show me a dealer that doesn't mark their parts up 100% or more....

If i need something quick and cheap i'll go Royal also. Most of my orders qualify for free shipping and i only get charged GST since i'm out of province.

My dealer who used to give me a 10% discount got all my business, well, no more discount from them so my business goes out of town unfortunately. And yes, I'm cheap.

#15 ·
bro, wake up. Dealers mark up 100% + on their stuff but carry OEM parts. Some dealers will have an aftermarket book that they can also look up for parts if and when they don't have something in stock that is OEM and there is an equivalent aftermarket available. Those parts are also extremely well padded. The internet does not kill RD's business. So, unless you're hiding under a rock, their internet business is doing very well. If you've been unfairly treated by them, then i guess that's your beef with them. I've had Boyesen reeds sent to me from them on an online order that were incorrect. I called them, shipped them back, they sent me knew ones and credited my shipping costs back to my invoice. Good customer service. Errors happen and people make mistakes, just gotta deal with it.

Do they sell stuff that i wouldn't put on my sled? For sure! I just don't buy it.

And for free shipping, it's all built into the price, so really it ain't free, well it is, you're just paying for it.

#16 ·
Ya I got beef with them. Several times i've gotten parts from them that were incorrect. They are convenient to me because it's a 1/2 hour drive from me. But when your 1 hour of driving turns into 2, on several occasions, it gets irritating. My wife worked for RD years ago. They treat their employees very lousy, thus they have a high turnover in employees. High turn over in employees means, theres not going to be many people that are knowledgeable.
This is MY opinion. Obviously they have several locations, so they all could be different. Guess I should have been more specific on the stuff they are way overpriced on, mx gear, snow gear, shop supplies...

Thats my rant for the day :fistpump2:

#18 ·
Good day everyone I"ve bought lots of stuff from RD over the years & have had good luck but I also look up my own parts & call it in so there is no parts issue unless they send it wrong but I always go over the list twice with who ever is on the phone, & yes there is somethings that you do buy OEM because it is better than aftermarket quaility but it also goes the other way, I use to let the customer decide what he perfers & then go from there & if wwe had issues with something we would let them know so it is in their ball park.

#19 ·
As many others have stated, the quality is simply not there. I learned this the hard way with my SRX when I decided to change out my shoes and decided to go the cheap root. One ride where I got the clutches hot while in deep snow, my aftermarket shoes started to melt and threw my clutch out of balance. Didn't end there! while off balance the clutch bushing spit out and pushed itself through the jackshaft bearing and took that out too. Lessened learned!...I do go aftermarket when it works out, but never again with cheap plastic shoes. I needed a new helix, new OEM shoes, new bushing and new bearing....not to mention a ruined ride. I didn't save money.

Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.