BUY A TRAIL PERMIT - if you're going to ride - Page 4 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Nova Scotia This is a Provincial discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #31 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 viper ltx se
Previous Sled(s): 2011apex xtx yamaha attak 1995 polaris xlt
Favorite Riding Area: Snowy places
13-14 Mileage: 5174miles
12-13 Mileage: 4651miles
11-12 Mileage: 3000miles
10-11 Mileage: 4300 miles

It should be twice that much
gmc350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #32 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): F8 SnoPro
Favorite Riding Area: Cape Breton Highlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula 670 View Post
Failing to display or carry trail permit while operating off-highway vehicle on designated trail
first offence $399.91
second offence $687.41
third or subsequent offence $974.71
Maybe we should think about posting a few signs with this information at various points along the trails.
Mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #33 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2002 Tcat 121 and 151
Previous Sled(s): 96,99 and 2 02 Tcats,69 Panther, 78 Panther
Favorite Riding Area: Newfoundland
Riding Since: 1974

Same old song...Those that have their passes....great, and thanks. No sense bashing the ones that don't....that isn't the answer. What happens when you get ordered around or shit on a bit? Not a good feeling...and definitely makes one defensive. As it was mentioned..those that don't buy trail passes.....aren't going to buy them....and WE are not going to make them, that's for FRIGGEN sure! Many have no insurance or license on their vehicles let alone sleds. My responsibility is to buy a pass and enjoy sledding. The approach that those who don't have passes are A$$holes is surely not the path to take for support and hope that they will become Pass buyers and club members.....a little bit of PR goes a long ways...For those that (truly) only get out once or twice....a day pass or weekend pass should be fine as long as their is a spot that is easy accessible to purchase them. I also believe, One pass per sled....and a sticker is not the answer. It needs to be something transferrable from sled to sled...for those that have access to more than one sled. Key tags would be much more user friendly. As long as the sled on the trail has a valid pass...that should be good enough. Enough said...let me duck now and get my suit of armour on.....Lrol

P.S...Those ridiculous fines for riding a sled in the woods without a pass really need to stop.....we are suppose to encourage the sport, not discourage it....

Last edited by grocerygetter; 02-23-2012 at 12:57 PM.
grocerygetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #34 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Decker 800 Big Bore.
Previous Sled(s): lots of tripple polaris's cat ,doo and yamaha.
Favorite Riding Area: Cape Breton Highlands
Riding Since: 1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
Same old song...Those that have their passes....great, and thanks. No sense bashing the ones that don't....that isn't the answer. What happens when you get ordered around or shit on a bit? Not a good feeling...and definitely makes one defensive. As it was mentioned..those that don't buy trail passes.....aren't going to buy them....and WE are not going to make them, that's for FRIGGEN sure! Many have no insurance or license on their vehicles let alone sleds. My responsibility is to buy a pass and enjoy sledding. The approach that those who don't have passes are A$$holes is surely not the path to take for support and hope that they will become Pass buyers and club members.....a little bit of PR goes a long ways...For those that (truly) only get out once or twice....a day pass or weekend pass should be fine as long as their is a spot that is easy accessible to purchase them. I also believe, One pass per sled....and a sticker is not the answer. It needs to be something transferrable from sled to sled...for those that have access to more than one sled. Key tags would be much more user friendly. As long as the sled on the trail has a valid pass...that should be good enough. Enough said...let me duck now and get my suit of armour on.....Lrol

P.S...Those ridiculous fines for riding a sled in the woods without a pass really need to stop.....we are suppose to encourage the sport, not discourage it....
Well said !!!! you catch more fly's with honey...
xcr 600 modi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #35 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2008mxz 500ss
Previous Sled(s): 1993 ski doo safari 250,1991 polaris indy 440, 2001 zr 600
Favorite Riding Area: nuttby and highlands
Riding Since: 1992

Quote:

Couldent have said it better myself!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #36 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
. I also believe, One pass per sled....and a sticker is not the answer. It needs to be something transferrable from sled to sled...for those that have access to more than one sled. Key tags would be much more user friendly. As long as the sled on the trail has a valid pass...that should be good enough.
Craig, I totally agree with you. Did you pick up on the actual wording of the fine, it says "failing to display or carry". Those words are key, if I had 3 or 4 sleds and only used one at a time you can bet your last dollar that I would be keeping my pass in my pocket (carrying it) and from then on I'd be fighting it in court if I got a fine. The pass belongs to the person and not the machine, people get fines not machines.
formula 670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #37 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2011 800 Etec
Previous Sled(s): 2009 800 xp
Riding Since: 1975

Well said Graig but yes a but transferring between sleds only works if you have the paper work to go with it or you know what will happen. 10 sleds running on one pass. You are also right about the fines I wish they could stop,but we live in a world where if you don't have consequences for your actions then it wouldn't safe to walk down the street. What stops me from going MPH on the highway (all the time) loss of license. So nice idea but But But.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #38 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2011 600 Rush
Previous Sled(s): 600 Classic
12-13 Mileage: 1500
11-12 Mileage: 2000
10-11 Mileage: 1500
Riding Since: 2003

Sure,we should just let everybody enjoy the nicely groomed trails until they feel they're ready to contribute.
Why make them feel like lazy cheapskates?Thats just rude.
Albino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #39 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 viper ltx se
Previous Sled(s): 2011apex xtx yamaha attak 1995 polaris xlt
Favorite Riding Area: Snowy places
13-14 Mileage: 5174miles
12-13 Mileage: 4651miles
11-12 Mileage: 3000miles
10-11 Mileage: 4300 miles

Maybe we should pay their fines with the surplus of money that the clubs have to ease their burdens
gmc350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #40 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Sledless
Previous Sled(s): ZR900/F6EB/F7SP/Nytro RTX
Favorite Riding Area: Drag Strip
13-14 Mileage: 25kms
12-13 Mileage: ZeRo
11-12 Mileage: ZeRo
10-11 Mileage: 580km's
Riding Since: 1982

As long as you have your own Trail pass Why worry about everyone who doesn't? I dont think anyone is gonna scare people into buying a pass by shitting on them,Let the people who are getting paid to patrol the trails enforce the rules(DNR) and then you can bitch and whine about them Stopping you asking for paperwork all the time, Clubs need the money but they should find out what Sledder's want,From what im reading the system they have in place isn't working all that well.With a winter like we are having a monthly pass probley would have been a good idea.
2005 F7SP / 2001 SRX 700
2008 Nytro RTX/2004 F7SP
MeanGreenF7SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement