Poley mountain hill climb new date - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

New Brunswick This is a Provincial discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 HighCountry 800
Favorite Riding Area: moose valley

any idea how much snow is at the hill right now, the webcam shows white but it looks really icy
dawginit81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): MXZ 800 XP & MXZ 600
Previous Sled(s): MXZ 600, Formula III & Safari Scout

I called the office at Poley Mountain and the extremly nice lady on the phone tells me that there is lots of man made snow on the hill and they will be using the groomer to bring more in.

Last edited by Blue Diamond; 03-28-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Blue Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 08 nytro & 05 mcxpress rx-1
Previous Sled(s): doo,cat,05fusion,apex
10-11 Mileage: 2000
Riding Since: 1978

Poley Mountain "Official" - Sports/Recreation/Activities - Sussex, NB | Facebook
Old 03-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #14 (permalink)

Can a studded track be run? or is there studded classes?
ossingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2006 Mach Z 1000, 1970 Nordic 399E
Previous Sled(s): 08 800 XPX, 05 Rev 600sdi, 99 mxz 600
Favorite Riding Area: Where ever the snow is
Riding Since: 5

Yes studded track can be run, there is no differentiation between classes for studs, no studs and ice picks.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac View Post
Yes studded track can be run, there is no differentiation between classes for studs, no studs and ice picks.
I'll start complaining now now because I know I'll be on here Sunday doing the same. I'm bringing a stock 800 and it sure would be nice to be able to make it past one round coming from NS.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 08 nytro & 05 mcxpress rx-1
Previous Sled(s): doo,cat,05fusion,apex
10-11 Mileage: 2000
Riding Since: 1978

Just bring a sled ,be honest about what you have for mod's (if any) & we'll find a class for you, its all about having fun, not the braging rites.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2006 Mach Z 1000, 1970 Nordic 399E
Previous Sled(s): 08 800 XPX, 05 Rev 600sdi, 99 mxz 600
Favorite Riding Area: Where ever the snow is
Riding Since: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Diamond View Post
I'll start complaining now now because I know I'll be on here Sunday doing the same. I'm bringing a stock 800 and it sure would be nice to be able to make it past one round coming from NS.
If you have never been to the event I will warn you now the event has grown that there is a lot competition there. There will be some real good working sleds and some real good riders but as I mentioned in a previous post the need to separate classes is not necessary. They limit big bores, turbos and Nos systems to the 900 and King class only allowing the 500-800 class to be competitive, stock or slight mods, studs no studs etc can all be competitive depending on the rider, this race is probably 70% rider and 30% sled. The power houses are when you get a real good working and sled and real good driver. It sucks its only 1 loss elimination but with 70+ sleds in the upper class its necessary to get done at a decent time. May see you there! Like Parkindale said just go, race hard and have some fun win or loss its always a great day and weather looks promising for Saturday.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 HighCountry 800
Favorite Riding Area: moose valley

Quote:
If you have never been to the event I will warn you now the event has grown that there is a lot competition there. There will be some real good working sleds and some real good riders but as I mentioned in a previous post the need to separate classes is not necessary. They limit big bores, turbos and Nos systems to the 900 and King class only allowing the 500-800 class to be competitive, stock or slight mods, studs no studs etc can all be competitive depending on the rider, this race is probably 70% rider and 30% sled. The power houses are when you get a real good working and sled and real good driver. It sucks its only 1 loss elimination but with 70+ sleds in the upper class its necessary to get done at a decent time. May see you there! Like Parkindale said just go, race hard and have some fun win or loss its always a great day and weather looks promising for Saturday.
Well said Jmac, i took a bone stock 800 xfire 2 yrs ago and finnished 3rd in the 900 class and there were only 5 sleds left in the King of the Hill when i got knocked out in that class. The hill is a great equalizer and i think thats why this race is so pupular!!!!

hope to see u there Jmac, but moose valley is tempting LOL
dawginit81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:07 AM   #20 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Very well put and understood!! Looking forward to it !! See you guys up there !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement