roblin area snow?? - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Manitoba This is a Provincial discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): o8 cf, 04 f7, 04 scat, 03 f7
Default roblin area snow??

how are things snow wise up in roblin and how far north does one need to go to get some nice powder, tryin to plan a trip with a few riders this weekend and tryin to see where would be good to go, have done grand beach a couple time already so might head n/w, thanks.
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2010 Renegade 1200 X
Previous Sled(s): 2006 Attak
Riding Since: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticcatjunky View Post
how are things snow wise up in roblin and how far north does one need to go to get some nice powder, tryin to plan a trip with a few riders this weekend and tryin to see where would be good to go, have done grand beach a couple time already so might head n/w, thanks.
Conditions are great up around The Pas.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
vtg
Super Advanced Member

I guess compared to the south, Roblin is comparatively good. But certainly not great. Once you get north of Roblin (San Clara area), it starts to get considerably better. There's been a tremendous amount of sleds running around here the past week so you can expect the trails to be pretty beat in some areas. And until we get more snow, we likely won't be grooming our Snoman trails because at this point, if we groomed we would likely just mix in dirt with the snow and make the trail more susceptible to melting with this stupid warm weather we've been having lately.The good news is that there is some snow in the forecast for the next couple of days so hopefully things will soon improve.

Last edited by vtg; 02-18-2012 at 10:32 PM.
vtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 09 Z1 Sno Pro
Previous Sled(s): Write off 09 Apex
Favorite Riding Area: SW MB
12-13 Mileage: 1200
11-12 Mileage: 400
10-11 Mileage: 1200
Riding Since: 1984

Great ride today!!! Big thanks to Pete and everyone that put the relic ride on today, great trails and food!! Only one small hiccup on my buddies 80 liquifire with a plugged fuel line but other then that another successful vintage ride
Old 02-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): 2012 S/B Assault 2010 Turbo IQ LX
Favorite Riding Area: Swan Valley
12-13 Mileage: 2000
11-12 Mileage: 2400
10-11 Mileage: 2800
Riding Since: 1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula-dlx View Post
Great ride today!!! Big thanks to Pete and everyone that put the relic ride on today, great trails and food!! Only one small hiccup on my buddies 80 liquifire with a plugged fuel line but other then that another successful vintage ride
X2
SS338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Z1 Arctic Cat
Previous Sled(s): 34 Sleds all together Snow Cruiser,
Favorite Riding Area: Anywhere there is snow
10-11 Mileage: 1000 miles
Riding Since: 1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula-dlx View Post
I was at the vintage ride as well and had a good time great trail and the old 67 Snow Cruiser ran great for the whole ride nice trails too. SCM
Snow Cruiser Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
vtg
Super Advanced Member

Thanks very much to you guys for coming out for the Roblin/Makaroff vintage derby. We're glad you enjoyed it and really appreciate your attendance. I am going out tomorrow with the groomer to get the trail smoothed out again as a few of us are planning an informal evening ride on the vintage trail sometime soon. And this ride will be open to new or old sleds. We'll likely start it at my bro's farm which is only 1/2 mile from the warm up shack and have a bbq at the shack after the ride. If anyone is interested in coming out, drop me a line.
vtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement