Revelstoke in August - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Manitoba This is a Provincial discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2017, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2011 Nytro, 2009 Nytro, and 2005 Rage
Previous Sled(s): 2007 Polaris FST, Indy 500
Default Revelstoke in August

hey guys,
Family is looking at going to a wedding in Edmonton in August. I have never been to Revelstoke but always wanted to go. Thinking of making a family trip out of it. Edmonton, Jasper, Revelstoke, Banff, Calgary, home. Just curious if you guys who have been out there have any suggestions for places to see or things to do, places to stay etc.
tisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2017, 10:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2006 Apex Rtx
Previous Sled(s): 2009 Dragon 800 switchback ,2002 Xc700sp,1997 zrt800

I've done that trip twice it's nice .the gondola rides in Banff are nice .Columbian icefields , dinasor museum and reptile world in drumheler, waterside in West Edmonton mall . went white water rafting just can't remember where it was .first time we did it was in May saw tons off wildlife big horn sheep mountain goats black bear one grisly lots of elk couple moose .second time was in Aug didn't even see a deer on that trip.
Rico6101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Switchback Assault, dragon 800
Previous Sled(s): alot
Favorite Riding Area: pembina valley
13-14 Mileage: 1122
Riding Since: 7

Been going out to banff and jasper last 3 summers for a week long camping trip. The parkway drive is beautiful. The camp grounds are great anywhere. one year we tented the whole week throughout our trip at various campgrounds, think i have hit them all now. Usually 22-35$$ a night with fire permit and usually most have showers and all. Last year I took the motorhome, but wasnt as unique as sleeping outside. The remote camp areas are quite something but you do have to be careful, bears and cougars are there. The kicking horse pass is beautiful and golden has some great campgrounds as well but never ventured to revelstoke in the summertime from golden. Its a really unique experience Camping and touring out there and I recommend it too anyone, Even dragging the 3 kids and me and wife we have a blast, This year we are starting at the crowsnest pass working north in august, cant wait.
arcticcatktm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2017, 09:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 13 XF1100 Turbo Sno Pro Limited Rev X Boosted
Previous Sled(s): D6, Nytro RTX, D7, M8
Favorite Riding Area: South East MB
16-17 Mileage: 1800
15-16 Mileage: 2600
14-15 Mileage: 1150
13-14 Mileage: 2000
Riding Since: 78

House boat on Shuswap lake, great mountain biking Revy, Golden and Panorama. Hot springs Radium or go for natural springs is Whiteswan Park

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The older I get....the better and faster I was!
markowinnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
HCS Ladies!

Favorite Riding Area: Northern Sweden
16-17 Mileage: ##smiles
15-16 Mileage: 0 :-(
14-15 Mileage: 250
13-14 Mileage: 750
Riding Since: 2010

I've been in that area about 6 years ago. But in wintertime, so I'm not sure if the things I liked are still beautifull in the summer. It's actually where I had my first (5 hour long) snowmobiling tour and got hooked!
Some places I'm not sure if they are actually close to where you are going.
But others on here can surely let you know.

Lets see:
- Wells Grey Provincial Park & Helmcken Falls
- Dawson Falls
- Maligne Canyon and stay at Jasper: Château Jasper
- Take the Icefields Parkway, with indeed the Columbia Icefield. Also Crowfoot Glacier, Athabasca falls, Athabasca Glacier, Stutfield Glacier, Snow Dome and Dome Glacier, Mount Andromeda, Big Hill (at the Big Bend).
- In Banff there's Lake Louise and check out Mount Rundle and the Hoodoos.

I also was in Clearwater and Kamloops. From all the places, I liked Jasper most. I was only one night in Kamloops, to short to have an opinion about it. Clearwater is too small of a town, Banff too commercial, but Jasper is a really nice town, imo. (Again, in wintertime...) Also that hotel in Jasper was the nicest I stayed at during that trip.

Have fun! And let me know how it is in summertime.
Sneeuwscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2011 Nytro, 2009 Nytro, and 2005 Rage
Previous Sled(s): 2007 Polaris FST, Indy 500

Thanks for all the great info guys. I enjoy the mountains and dont like to much of the commercialized stuff. Banff for ex. I have been to Jasper many years ago, but don't remember much of it..... I wanted to bring the family out there to see everything. We are planning on hotelling it because we don't have a camper. Will just be nice to see all the mountains again. I just wish I could tow the sleds out there to go for a rip...... ?. Google maps says it's almost 7 hours I think from jasper to revelstoke. Is that accurate?
tisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2007 Switchback 600
Previous Sled(s): 1989 Indy 500

Rented mountain bikes at Panorama and hit the logging trails. Awesome!
Whitewater rafting not far from Invermere somewhere. That was a blast too.
Hit Fairmont Hot Springs for a day of swimming and so on.
Golden is gorgeous!
SO much to do anywhere out there.

Have fun.
strtbobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement