Hardcore Sledder banner

Srt hellcat... HolyWOW!

5K views 37 replies 14 participants last post by  chevette_boy 
#1 ·
#9 ·
Unless they did some drastic weight savings its still gonna be slower than the mustang.

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App
That was my initial thoughts too. But getting hints that it's in the low 4000 lb range. It's making more HP/L than the GT500 Trinity engine. The GM/ Ford boys are impressed and a lil scared. We'll soon find out when they line em up!
Love the name too. Sounds sinister.

#10 ·
Looks awesome. Love the name also. And I bleed blue, but do give credit where credit is due. We all know fodr will be stepping up the game with the mustang again. Im hoping for a eco-boost 5.0 and 5.8. Then its time for a new motor design with a wider bore spacing so we can have a bigger bore and make more power. And with some luck take down the new dodge.

Screw it, ill line the 5.0 up with it. But im only racing 1/8 mile, that way it will look closer.

#22 ·
If memory serves me to get into the Scat Pack a Mopar had to get into the 14's. I thought my 340 Duster with 4.10 gears, Hooker headers, Direct connection purple shaft cam, 4 speed, ladder (slapper) bars and a Highrise single plane edlebrock with Holley double pump was rocking when it ran in the 13,s. Ooops I think I dated myself there. Fastest car I ever owned! I miss it!

Man have times changed.

#23 ·
As cool as it is, the next gt500 will outdo it. Way it goes in the muscle car world.

As much as I hate the new eurostang its going to be quite the performer.

Hellcat is a looker and fast as hell. But at the end of the day it's still a dodge.

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App

#24 ·
I agree, I'm betting once the numbers were released, a whole lot of engineers went back to the drawing board at all companies. More Power!!! As far as the new mustang goes... I'll have to wait till I see one in person. Personally, I think mustang went down hill after the 94 re design. Wasn't until 2010 they started catching my attention again. I still think the original 5.0 has one of the best exhaust notes ever produced.

Ohhh and if rumours are true and this is stickers at 59,900.... And dealers aren't to greedy. You will see a lot of cross brand shoppers really quick.

#33 ·
I'm not so much impressed with the power and speed ( my 82 chevette has similar power and more 1/4 MPH) as I am with the fact that you can walk into a showroom buy it drive it down to brainerd with the ac on cut a 10 sec 1/4 and drive home. These kind of cars are gonna kill the resto mod street machine market. Why pay $100 k for someone to build you a 700hp 68' with good brakes and susp when you can buy brand new with warrenty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.