2014 Yamaha Viper

65K views 179 replies 91 participants last post by  captain 
#1 ·
Found this on Dootalk 5 mins ago

Attachments

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#83 ·
The speculation is that it has a Yamaha powerplant, clutches, etc... inside.
But that part of the Procross wasn't so bad aside from the clutch issues. The 1100T motors have been fine and people love them.

It's the reverse, bending tunnels, folding rails, broken steering posts, bolts falling out, cracked anti-freeze bottles, torsion springs, etc... that are the issues with the Procross. And I agree, from the looks of the photo, that stuff is still CAT DNA.

I'd be shocked if these photos are exactly whats happening.
Seems like Yamaha is taking on too much of the Procross design and CAT is giving too much up of the Procross design. Problems aside, the Procross is a beautiful looking sled. I'd be shocked if CAT gave all that up.

We'll see tomorrow!

#86 · (Edited)
My guess is it's a photo shop.

I think we will likely see some technology swap, and the announcement of a contract to Yamaha to build/provide engine technology to Artic Cat . A new model with a Nytro based motor, perhaps a APEX bump up to 180 HP with a new chassis?.

My guess is the "joint venture" is limited to manufacturing or specifically sled assembly to North America. I believe Yamaha did this a little while back with some of the Grizzly models in there ATV business unit. Less tariffs, means cheaper prices! Again I am speculating, but engine assembly remains in Japan and the final assembly in the US.

What I would like to see?...... A new triple 2 stroke viper 800 with direct injection in a 400 lb chassis. i doubt Yammi will ever build 2 strokes again, at least for themselves. But you have to dream!

#95 ·
The 1100 na will get dropped after 2014 and cat will release the 600 DI. The viper will be in the same hp class 120-135. Now cat and Yamaha have top of the line 4 stroke and 2 stroke. They have been working on the 600 di for years now. That hp class is where most of the sales are so Yamaha and cat will get some cash regardless if someone wants a 4 stroke or 2 stroke. Brilliant idea IMO. The 600 DI will have more power then the etec and the viper will be lighter then the 1200 doo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.