Hardcore Sledder banner

2014 Yamaha Viper

65K views 179 replies 91 participants last post by  captain 
#1 ·
Found this on Dootalk 5 mins ago

Attachments

See less See more
#41 ·
Am I missing something? If cat can pick up some good Quality build knowledge as Yami is very picky, this could be a great thing for cat. There is nothing wrong with the design of the procross, it is the implementation that has its issues. Take away the niggling bs and blown belts(cheap chaincase stuff) and you have a damn nice machine. Do you think Ymai is gonna let substandard stuff go out. I have never seen it in the past and doubt I will see it in the future! I think this is a good thing for both as Mark pointed out!

Jester

#53 ·
I think because their snowmobile division is a small part of their biz and they're loosing market share. I always rode Yamaha and switched to cat. I've had good luck with the Cats but am honestly excited about the new Yami's. If it's what it seems like I'd switch back.

#48 · (Edited)
Huge disappoint for snowmobile industry

Imo some people are not thinking outside the box here. Arctic cat dropped suzuki so they claimed they could develop their own engines. Well partnering or sharing with yamaha does not sound like developing their own engines. Also its obvious yamaha finally came to terms that their chassis program was a joke at best. Now we essentially have 3 manufactures making snowmobiles. Hard to say its not true imo when the pic clearly shows a procross chassis design. (If the pic is real) What everyone imo doesn't realize is that if things like this continue to happen there will be 1 snowmobile manufacturer with different names & graphics on them. Not to mention causing a sort of monopoly in the industry therefore driving the already high prices of snowmobiles higher.

#51 ·
Imo some people are not thinking outside the box here. Arctic cat dropped suzuki so they claimed they could develop their own engines. Well partnering or sharing with yamaha does not sound like developing their own engines. Also its obvious yamaha finally came to terms that their chassis program was a joke at best. Now we essentially have 3 manufactures making snowmobiles. Hard to say its not true imo when the pic clearly shows a procross chassis design. (If the pic is real) What everyone imo doesn't realize is that if things like this continue to happen there will be 1 snowmobile manufacturer with different names & graphics on them. Not to mention causing a sort of monopoly in the industry therefore driving the already high prices of snowmobiles higher.
Sharing technology, & suppliers and like parts in different OEM products is very attractive these days ...since it saves millions in development, lowers unit costs, & increases profit. This is happening in a big way in almost every industry..especially in the Auto industry. If your a brand loyal type ...the idea of this will give u heartburn Im sure! But for the rest of us who don't care who makes it...& just want reliability -function - with INVENTORY OF PARTS ...& lots of power at a reasonable cost ...this can only be a good thing..IMO. :thumbsup:

#49 · (Edited)
I have mixed feelings on what I am seeing .basically I think to my self I have always thought about buying a cat but never did because I never had much faith in the product as for yamaha I always knew they had good motors but always thought there chassis's sucked so are we seeing the best of both worlds here??a light weight nice handling chassis with a world class motor.maybe this will be a "game changer"

this may peak my interest in yamaha

#55 ·
The laugh in all of this is those that think the new machine is crap would sorely miss out if cat and Yami can work out the kinks and QC. Just adding the nytro motor in this chassis would be magic for the trail. This chassis rocks on the trail, problems or not!

Jester

#57 ·
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...75892025850947&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

So you think you got the first sneak peak at the new Yamaha's? Well think again...we promise you that this is not what you will be seeing on the release of tomorrow's new 2014 lineup. Some creative marketing though don't you think?!?

Thats from Blown Motor ... and somehow I think they might know? :dunno:

Something from Yamacat is headed our way but maybe it IS a photo chop. Good marketing ploy at the very least!

#58 ·
Cat is dropping Suzuki and if they were actually going to make there own engine it would be in some sleds already for testing to drop Suzuki and put out a full line of there own engines would be way to risky. Teaming with yami would be codos to both. The way polaris is buying everything up and becoming a giant and bombi being just as big the futures of both cat and yami weren't looking so good. I think snowmobile technology could benefit if this is true

#59 ·
Financially using the Cat facility and workforce would save literal millions in real estate and associated infrastructure costs. Having over 50% of the cost of manufacture derived in the U.S. would also reflect greatly upon related tax implications. As Yamaha dealers are liable for PDI, servicing and warranty servicing yet have basically no knowledge of the new program my guess would be that the vast majority of mechanicals are either Yamaha or built to their spec. I am confident that Yamaha dealers will not be expected to learn Cat servicing in it's entirety over the summer! LOL. I continue to view the side shot and I remain all but certain there is rear exiting exhaust. Can't wait to get all the info.

#61 ·
Cat is after Yamahas HPDI technology, doubt they want any 4 stroke tech from Yami seeing they have a 2 cylinder that has been proven to well over 200 on pump gas and up to 600 in full race form. If Cat wants to stay in the 2smoke game they need the HPDI tech from Yami.

#63 ·
I understand your frustration Catch but there are some great minds there too! I have met many of them and they have made some great advancements in the past! What is the lsed you see is actually Yami's new sled based on their race sled with 600 or thereabouts HPDI engine! Anybody thought of that! Ohln rear shocks would be cool!

Jester

#67 ·
Looking at the seat it is different than mine in that it is higher and has a larger rear bun area. Perhaps this is a change for 2014 with a better cushion!! That would be great as I wanted to buy a mountain seat!

Jester

#70 ·
I actually saw two (2) all black cats (at least that is what they looked like) with red and white yamaha stickers on them three weeks ago near Minocqua. There is a Yamaha R & D facility near our cabin which is west of Minocqua. Didn't think much of it at the time, but now...............makes me wonder.

#80 ·
I actually saw two (2) all black cats (at least that is what they looked like) with red and white yamaha stickers on them three weeks ago near Minocqua. There is a Yamaha R & D facility near our cabin which is west of Minocqua. Didn't think much of it at the time, but now...............makes me wonder.
Ya up there is a place where they make the front ends for the Cross country sled

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.