Hardcore Sledder banner

2014 Yamaha Viper

65K views 179 replies 91 participants last post by  captain 
#1 ·
Found this on Dootalk 5 mins ago

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Wow - thread is already removed from TY!

#9 ·
What do you think - is it a photoshop job??

#14 ·
Probably the other way around. All the Cat guys(myself included) will be hoping that Yamaha will bring some sanity to the new platform that Cat obviously has had issues trying to perfect the last 2 years.

This post has been deleted
#17 ·
I wonder if Ski Doo will file a law suit against Yamaha for the chassis design just like they did against Cat??

#20 ·
Sharing knowledge and using ideas is not the same as taking an exact copy of a chassis and using it. If that picture is the real deal its exactly the same as the cat. Its not even shaped or molded much different. Its like a Chevy Silverado and GMC sierra. Same dam thing different hood badge.

#30 ·
If that is a photo shop they did a hell of a job. Look at the plastic just under the headlights. Totally different then my 13 XF.

#33 · (Edited)
Its not a photoshop...& if it wasn't real...Dootalk would have left the picture on.

Yamaha with a procross chasis is a great idea. Cat must be in trouble with their engine program. Trading their ACE card must be for Yamahas ENGINE'S or technology.

I don't see a big win for Cat owners ...because the Suzuki 1100 is a great lightweight powerfull engine...that is comparable to anything Yamaha will squeeze in that chasis... pound for pound. So thats a wash IMO.

Big win is for Yamaha IMO. For the first time...they will have it all. Great lightweight chasis, great engine, and reliability I'm sure. Hopefully it will come with a FACTORY Turbo?.....I don't see an INTERCOOLER in that pic. :thumbsup:

#35 ·
The difference IMO will be quality over buildable. The yamaha model will have a nytro three cylinder with a mpi turbo on it, which equals about 185hp all while playing with timing if I had to bet over compression. Now as we know it is difficult to get the nytro motor to over (x) amount of hp without going into the motor. The cat version though, if they use the same low compression motor they have been you should be able to get more out of it with hijackers etc for the guys that think 180hp isn't enough. I've built two nytros already, and know what you should or shouldn't do with them. For quality you can't beat yamaha. Hopefully they use yamaha clutches and drive. Much better then cat imo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.