Hardcore Sledder banner

2014 Nytro!!!!

30K views 62 replies 37 participants last post by  lawnmoweragrass 
#1 ·
#45 ·
well for the first time in a long time I am excited to see what Yamaha is coming out with. Although I am sure to be disapointed with an Apex with a super charger straped on. As a life time Cat fan I am sad to say I am more excited to see what Ski-Doo and Yamaha have coming ... I may be ready to switch to a 4 stroke (uggg ... never thought I would say that)

#50 ·
Arctic Cat Inc. (NASDAQ: ACAT) announced today that it has entered into an engine supply agreement with Yamaha Motor Corporation, expanding Arctic Cat’s purchase of Yamaha snowmobile engines starting in the 2014 model year. Arctic Cat initially entered into an agreement to purchase Yamaha 123cc 4-stroke engines for its youth snowmobile in 2009. This agreement has now been expanded to include select 4-stroke engines from Yamaha.

Arctic Cat’s Snow Division Vice President and General Manager Brad Darling said, “The engine purchase agreement with Yamaha, combined with the engines that we plan to manufacture in house, will provide Arctic Cat’s customers with the most well-rounded engine choices when it comes to technology, reliability and horsepower.”

Arctic Cat’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Claude Jordan stated, “Our current Arctic Cat snowmobile chassis is renowned for its lightweight, bump control and precision handling. Combine that with the new performance engine options from Yamaha, as well as our state-of-the-art engine manufacturing facility in St. Cloud, Minnesota, and we guarantee there will be exciting years ahead for Arctic Cat enthusiasts.”

In addition to expanding the engine supply agreement with Yamaha, Arctic Cat also has expanded a co-branding agreement to build select Yamaha snowmobiles in Arctic Cat’s Thief River Falls, Minn., factory according to Yamaha’s specifications. This agreement began in 2012, with Arctic Cat building the Yamaha SRX 120 youth model snowmobile, and now will include full-size performance snowmobiles starting with model year 2014. These snowmobiles will be built to Yamaha specifications using Yamaha 4-stroke engines.

“We are pleased that our relationship with Yamaha continues to grow and with the opportunities ahead for both companies,” added Jordan. “Going forward, we believe this relationship will provide tremendous value to Arctic Cat, our customers, our dealers and our shareholders.”

Arctic Cat Inc. designs, engineers, manufactures and markets all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), side-by-sides and snowmobiles under the Arctic Cat® brand name, as well as related parts, garments and accessories. Its common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol “ACAT.” More information about Arctic Cat and its products is available at Arctic Cat.
Holy crap! The big news from Yamaha is the 1,049 cc Nytro Triple in an Arctic Cat Procross chassis!!! And Cat is going to start using Yamaha motors!!! Has the world gone topsy-turvey???????????

#54 ·
No changes to nytro again this year!
But a nice price on the standard nytro
I am guessing they will have to price the nytro pretty aggressive to sell them.

Who in their right mind, except for a bargain shopper, would pick the nytro over the viper. Same engine only one will handle good, be able to go 100 miles on a tank of gas, look cool, and be able to have storage via a tunnel bag.

Seems like a no brainer :dunno:

#57 ·
nytro vs viper

I think the decision whether to buy a viper vs. nytro is harder than people are suggesting. The Yamaha marketing people are not making any great claims which scares me for one.

- Is the Viper goign to be down on power or torque with the shortened exhaust?
- Is the Viper going to lose that awesome Nytro exhaust note?
- Is the Viper really going to weight significantly less than a Nytro? Yamaha video doesnt impress me.

I can get a brand new 2013 Nytro XTX for $8500 or one equiped with a 180HP MPI supercharger for $13K.

Buying a new viper over a Nytro is not a slam dunk in my opinion.

#59 ·
I think the decision whether to buy a viper vs. nytro is harder than people are suggesting. The Yamaha marketing people are not making any great claims which scares me for one.

- Is the Viper goign to be down on power or torque with the shortened exhaust?
- Is the Viper going to lose that awesome Nytro exhaust note?
- Is the Viper really going to weight significantly less than a Nytro? Yamaha video doesnt impress me.

I can get a brand new 2013 Nytro XTX for $8500 or one equiped with a 180HP MPI supercharger for $13K.

Buying a new viper over a Nytro is not a slam dunk in my opinion.
Im pretty sure your not gonna lose power by shortening the exhaust and the exhaust sounds the same! Thats one hell of a deal on that nytro!

#60 ·
I'm so confused, how does this help either manufacturer. Cat has had success with their four stroke, yamaha has had sucess with theirs ??? Yammie somewhat benifits from the cat chassis altho it has it's issues, cat gets a new four stroke motor for what, how many front heavy sleds do they want? Other than when a four stroke is boosted the heavy mass up front handycap's it against a 2 stroke which yamaha is missing and cat has. Is there plans for a 2 stroke in a yammie chssis??? Would be a smart move, sure would increase market share. Stil trying to see how this benifits cat, and yamaha.:dunno:

#62 ·
Not bashing, have bud's that ride cat and not a lot of love for that chassis, read the forums. If Yamaha wants to get serious and gain market share they have to produce both thypes of engines, how many loyal yamaha riders switched to other brands due to not wanting a 4 stroke. Know a lot of people who switched to 4 and are now back on 2 smokes also.

#63 ·
the procross chassis is awesome. i like it better than the xp chassis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.