#1 ·
how fast are they????

#6 ·
#8 ·
Originally posted by Poo boy@Dec 5 2004, 07:49 PM
Faster than you.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=448939
[/quote]
Actually, if you run over 600 ft an RXL will beat a Vmax-4. I saw my father beat many Vmax4s with his '91 RXL. However, on a short run nothing from that era could touch the Vmax.
Hebi

#9 ·
Originally posted by Hebi@Dec 6 2004, 07:02 PM
Actually, if you run over 600 ft an RXL will beat a Vmax-4.  I saw my father beat many Vmax4s with his '91 RXL.  However, on a short run nothing from that era could touch the Vmax.
Hebi
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=450956
[/quote]
thanks......yea about what the guy said....faster the nyou.....i jsut tend to ignore it i have my sled to have some fun.....i kno my sled is plenty fast......jerks like that jsut reply for the sake of replying....there always osme out there that has a faster sled....thanks for the info.....nc

#10 ·
when I was younger, i had a '95 Vamx 4, bought it when i was 18, it came with Bender Twins pipes and cans, and man was it loud... top speed on it on ideal conditions was around the 120mph mark... but it took a long time to wind it right out... definatly a One of a Kind.

#11 ·
Originally posted by 650 trippin@Dec 6 2004, 06:36 PM
thanks......yea about what the guy said....faster the nyou.....i jsut tend to ignore it i have my sled to have some fun.....i kno my sled is plenty fast......jerks like that jsut reply for the sake of replying....there always osme out there that has a faster sled....thanks for the info.....nc
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=451043
[/quote]
I always liked the RXLs myself. They sounded awsome and were a really good sled for the twisties.
Its just a shame that Polaris changed specs every year on those sleds making it almost impossible to find repair parts. Also, if you left the key on and the battery went dead you were screwed! You could pull that thing over all day long and it wouldnt start if it had a dead battery. A lot of RXLs got converted to carbs because of this.
All in all though, a great sled!
Hebi

#12 ·
Originally posted by Hebi@Dec 6 2004, 06:02 PM
Actually, if you run over 600 ft an RXL will beat a Vmax-4.  I saw my father beat many Vmax4s with his '91 RXL.  However, on a short run nothing from that era could touch the Vmax.
Hebi
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=450956
[/quote]

Actually the 92 production V-max 4's found themselves behind the Wildcat 700 on several occasions ... the 93's were finally clutched right and ran much better!

#13 ·
Originally posted by wildcat700@Dec 17 2004, 05:12 PM
Actually the 92 production V-max 4's found themselves behind the Wildcat 700 on several occasions ... the 93's were finally clutched right and ran much better!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=475429
[/quote]
I bought a 92 vmax4 over the summer piped and clutched. I can't wait to see what it will do on the lake.

Attachments

#14 ·
trippin....obviously you never ran a good one....a buddy 15 yrs ago use to ice race a 440srx 79 and beat 650 indys.....now think about it a 650 indy has 95hp and a vmax stock has 150 hp.....it also has a dry weight of 560lbs...what is the indy 525.....should be a close race I would think, especially after they both get traction....NOT

#15 ·
Originally posted by yamahaha@Dec 21 2004, 05:07 PM
trippin....obviously you never ran a good one....a buddy 15 yrs ago use to ice race a 440srx 79 and beat 650 indys.....now think about it a 650 indy has 95hp and a vmax stock has 150 hp.....it also has a dry weight of 560lbs...what is the indy 525.....should be a close race I would think, especially after they both get traction....NOT
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=483099
[/quote]
haha ok there buddy.....i htink your off your rocker......a 440 beat my sled........wright down the name and address of where u pick up ure crack.......it must be some good shit if your tryna say that my sled cant beat a 440. o yea 95 hp ???????????????????? u must have got a good hit off ure pipe......why is everyone else saying that it has stock 110.......and did i say my sled can beat a v max 4.......nope i dont recall doing so.......keep ure mouth shut if u just wanna put down other sleds....... o yea and im sure you have the fastest sled on the lake right........why dont you read a few other posts on the top of this forum and stop throttling .......

#19 ·
Originally posted by 2002mxz800@Dec 23 2004, 01:28 AM
take a chill pill kid and read the top of the page "no bashing zone". I wouldn't doubt that your sled only has arround 100 hp old sleds don't have power valves. :Wow1:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=486618
[/quote]
yea ure probably ryght....i dont really care once i pipe it that will be a diffrent story......i dont understand why everyone has to act like they got the fastest thing out...it jsut pisses me off when i didnt say i could beat ne thing and this guys over here breakin ballz....but thanks for the response....nc

#20 ·
hope you dont think you can pipe your rxl......can you say BOOM! and take a fuckin chill pill. relax....go ride your sled. but for god sakes don't pipe it or you will riding your nikes or sorels for the rest of the winter.

Also, a 440 indeed can beat your sled if it's set up right. I have taken lots of bigger sleds with my well tuned prowler I had. so don't kid yourself just because it say's 440 on the side, and yours says 650, that your beating him.

because the rxl was one of the slower 650 sleds around.

#21 ·
Originally posted by zrnewf@Dec 23 2004, 11:09 AM
hope you dont think you can pipe your rxl......can you say BOOM!  and take a fuckin chill pill.  relax....go ride your sled.  but for god sakes don't pipe it or you will riding your nikes or sorels for the rest of the winter.

Also,  a 440 indeed can beat your sled if it's set up right.  I have taken lots of bigger sleds with my well tuned prowler I had.  so don't kid yourself just because it say's 440 on the side,  and yours says 650,  that your beating him.

because the rxl was one of the slower 650 sleds around.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=487027
[/quote]
ha....wow alright whatver floats ure boat

#22 ·
Originally posted by 650 trippin@Dec 23 2004, 04:15 PM
ha....wow alright whatver floats ure boat
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=487694
[/quote]

You can pipe that slead, you should get the crank welded though. Your jetting and clutching needs to be perfect if you do so. Older polaris tripples rip once there piped. Porting and milled heads really help bring them alive too. I"m not going to get in on the childish crap, but there is alot you can do with your rxl.

www.indyspecialty.com I think.

#23 ·
Originally posted by SlowSRX@Dec 24 2004, 06:16 PM
You can pipe that slead, you should get the crank welded though.  Your jetting and clutching needs to be perfect if you do so.  Older polaris tripples rip once there piped.  Porting and milled heads really help bring them alive too.  I"m not  going to get in on the childish crap, but there is alot you can do with your rxl.

www.indyspecialty.com I think.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=489763
[/quote]
thanks alot man........have a great christmas and a safe winter :beerchug:

#24 ·
ok....whatever....go put pipes on your efi polaris see what happens....good luck and also.....tell your bro to get in contact with me so I can tell him what to do with his little 580 to SMOKE YOU.....don't think you have the fastest sled on earth there buddy. I was'nt shitting on your sled, or you, besides your little rant before...just told you the facts.....it's the same thing as a F7 beating up on all the bigger machines....if we follow your rules, you have no chance against a vmax 4....but I know the difference of that.....I have personally witnessed a vmax get beat by a wildcat before, and trade wins with a 650 poo. but this poo was carb'ed and not efi, that's the diff. you need to chill the fuck out man. I was just telling you becuase it says 440 on the side don't mean it's slow. I just means you think it's slow.

#25 ·
Originally posted by zrnewf@Dec 29 2004, 07:56 AM
ok....whatever....go put pipes on your efi polaris see what happens....good luck and also.....tell your bro to get in contact with me so I can tell him what to do with his little 580 to SMOKE YOU.....don't think you have the fastest sled on earth there buddy.  I was'nt shitting on your sled,  or you,  besides your little rant before...just told you the facts.....it's the same thing as a F7 beating up on all the bigger machines....if we follow your rules,  you have no chance against a vmax 4....but I know the difference of that.....I have personally witnessed a vmax get beat by a wildcat before,  and  trade wins with a 650 poo.  but this poo was carb'ed and not efi,  that's the diff.  you need to chill the fuck out man.  I was just telling you becuase it says 440 on the side don't mean it's slow.  I just means you think it's slow.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=497669
[/quote]
dude....ii give up man.....whatever u say.....alls ure doing to me right now is ruining my season for snowmobiling....im gonna ask u a very honest question.........since my sled....(as you say) cant beat a v max 4........lets say it runs like an animal now (like mine does) what is that fastest sled i can beat
????......i just want to kno im not a big racer myseld.....im just wondering....thank you....

#26 ·
ok....im figureing you can take older stock 600's. i will say your sled will be a vmax on the start but once that sled gets reelin you are passed...they are a fast sled on top. like I said, I like your sled, im lookin for one...but not with EFI....im telling you not to put pipes on your sled for a reason....that reason is the EFi cannot handle the different pipes and will cause your sled to go BOOM. not that I want you to be slow...go get a good clutch setup, gearing, and minor tuning parts, and you will be able to knock on some of the newer 600's doors. but do not put the pipes on....there is no way to adjust the fuel going into the motor.....if you really really want pipes find a carb setup from a normal indy 650 and put them on with the pipes....then your knockin on 700 territory.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.