Hardcore Sledder banner

FASTEST PRODUCTION SLED EVER PRODUCED

143K views 109 replies 77 participants last post by  Banana warrior 
#1 ·
What do you guys think are the three fastest lake runners ever produced (starting with the fastest)? I know that the mach1000 and fusion have not hit the snow yet, but feel free to include them if you think they will have what it takes.

#56 ·
If you call a clutched sled......still a stock sled.....then I would say the 98 T-cat is by far ( 3-5mph ) the FASTEST-mph stock sled EVER made.

I bought a dead stock 98 T-Cat last year with 4000 miles.....I made sure the engine was aligned.....I installed the clutching that I know works....and a put on a new measured stock 020 belt. I ran 3 times on the gun in a measured 2000-2100 feet distance. The studs were dull.....bent...and never sharpened.

1st run = 123.5
2nd run = 123.7
3rd run = 124.7

I figured the sled would run over 120 mph......because I have seen othe stock 98's run that before.........but was surprised it ran that fast.

If you run a further distance of 2500 -3000 feet ......and clutch the sled to spin higher rpm in a distance....a stock 98 will run 125-130mph.

In a drag race...."fastest" would depend alot on the experience of the rider....to maximise traction ......and a good overall drag set up.

From what I have seen at many radar runs........Very FEW ....true STOCK sleds (sleds that are stock ....other than clutching ) ...... in 2000 feet or less.....will even come close to 120mph on radar.

I would say Mach Z 1000'S would come second ........in the right hands,,,,but they need experienced tuners / team secondaries / and 05 programing .....to run IN THE 120'S. In stock form....the majority Mach Z's will run 114-118 mph from what I have seen.

I haven't run or seen any of the new "so called worlds fastest sleds"......run yet ....(The CFR1000 and Z1-Turbo)...........but I will soon. :)

#73 · (Edited)
If you call a clutched sled......still a stock sled.....then I would say the 98 T-cat is by far ( 3-5mph ) the FASTEST-mph stock sled EVER made.

I bought a dead stock 98 T-Cat last year with 4000 miles.....I made sure the engine was aligned.....I installed the clutching that I know works....and a put on a new measured stock 020 belt. I ran 3 times on the gun in a measured 2000-2100 feet distance. The studs were dull.....bent...and never sharpened.

1st run = 123.5
2nd run = 123.7
3rd run = 124.7

I figured the sled would run over 120 mph......because I have seen othe stock 98's run that before.........but was surprised it ran that fast.

If you run a further distance of 2500 -3000 feet ......and clutch the sled to spin higher rpm in a distance....a stock 98 will run 125-130mph.

In a drag race...."fastest" would depend alot on the experience of the rider....to maximise traction ......and a good overall drag set up.

From what I have seen at many radar runs........Very FEW ....true STOCK sleds (sleds that are stock ....other than clutching ) ...... in 2000 feet or less.....will even come close to 120mph on radar.

I would say Mach Z 1000'S would come second ........in the right hands,,,,but they need experienced tuners / team secondaries / and 05 programing .....to run IN THE 120'S. In stock form....the majority Mach Z's will run 114-118 mph from what I have seen.

I haven't run or seen any of the new "so called worlds fastest sleds"......run yet ....(The CFR1000 and Z1-Turbo)...........but I will soon. :)
Well put:thumbsup:
Its always funny how people think.....
Lets see a srx beating a tcat, hmmmmm. 300 less ccs and probalby 35 less hp and no where near the torque.
Now if i was to say that i had a 400 cc sled, with 100 hp, and was lighter, that would mean i would eat that SRX ....correct? :roflmao:
Take a 130 hp sled and add pipes for 10 hp, and clutch it ,and you have a monster ...wrong.You have a fast sled, but by no means the fastest sled ever built.

Why am i posting on such an old thread ? just noticed it:dunno:

#57 ·

1st run = 123.5
2nd run = 123.7
3rd run = 124.7

I haven't run or seen any of the new "so called worlds fastest sleds"......run yet ....(The CFR1000 and Z1-Turbo)...........but I will soon. :)[/b]

those speeds are right on with a stock 01 that i know of ran a few years ago.....122-123..they need to be well tuned for that though......R2R

#66 ·
Wow this threads from 04. Id have to say

1978 enticer 250

t-cat

apex

who really cares about top speed id rather have a sled thatll do 100 in 660 than one thatll do 130 in a mile.

#67 ·
I have seen 125mph @ 2000ft, on my (clutched) '98 T-cat, on a stalker radar gun. That is with the stock track, and without really even trying for more. Some friends of mine have broken 130 with their '98's, just with addition of a speed track. We used to say if you had a '98 that didn't run 124 out of the box, there was something wrong with it.

#76 ·
Funny thread, especially the first post as they weren't sure about the Fusion 900 which turned out to be the biggest turd ever. Then there are the guys who said the XP800 was going to be super fast...108-110 sleds at best ( stock that is with the rare exception ). Right out of the box, T-cat and SRX 700s are fast sleds. I would even put F7s in there as mine ran 114 with 50 miles on her, my buddies hit 118 stock ( both 06s )

#78 ·
My 98 Tcat was fast as hell stock. I was getting like 116 on Ashphalt stock. After a hooper 1107 kit, Nitrous, PSI pipes, that thing was a top end beast. When you bury the 120mph on the Black Magic speedo by an inch, who cares if it's accurate. You are flying.
Black magic speedo is 130 mph

#83 ·
I'd say that the Tcat has the crown for topend but for a couple little 700's one a triple the other a twin to hang with the big dog triples I'd have to say that's PRETTY DAM GOOD!!!!!!!!!

#86 ·
Not from me...i did not race it any any organized events this year, as i was set up for the trail.
Some are starting some new events around here next year for trail sleds, so it should be fun.

#89 ·
Are the srx's supposed to be really fast? By no means stirring the pot, I've just raced a couple and wasn't overly impressed, maybe they were not set up properly either? Cheers
If you were to just jump on one and start racing your in for big trouble, they need to be clutched as any other sled but once dialed in there no slouch:bc:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.