Hardcore Sledder banner

FASTEST PRODUCTION SLED EVER PRODUCED

143K views 109 replies 77 participants last post by  Banana warrior 
#1 ·
What do you guys think are the three fastest lake runners ever produced (starting with the fastest)? I know that the mach1000 and fusion have not hit the snow yet, but feel free to include them if you think they will have what it takes.

#8 ·
Actually, an RX-1 is faster than a 700 SRX. Also, the RX-1's engine lives for high-rpm runs. Even at 10,000 rpm that engine is just starting to hit its powerband. Thats the reason why the SRX was dropped back in '03.
Now by "fastest" are talking top speed or a 600' run?
I witnessed many Vmax-4 owners who were unbeatable in 300' runs but who could not run with lowly sleds such as Indy 650s and RXLs on the longer runs.
As far as the ThunderCat, it was a good sled in its day. However, I think a lot of the big twins that are being made now would eat it for breakfast. I think any 800 twin would be able to handle a T-cat with relative ease.

#10 ·
Originally posted by Hebi@Oct 17 2004, 08:33 PM
As far as the ThunderCat, it was a good sled in its day.  However, I think a lot of the big twins that are being made now would eat it for breakfast.  I think any 800 twin would be able to handle a T-cat with relative ease.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=382737
[/quote]
wrong.....

#11 ·
Originally posted by WIVIPERMAN@Oct 12 2004, 10:37 AM
#1-T-CAT

#2-SRX & V-MAX4 800

#3-MACH Z's

WIVIPERMAN
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=377370
[/quote]

Go back to sleep and wake up when you know what your'e talking about. :cn: First off, I owned 2 SRXs and a REV and ZR800 in between the RX1 I'm on this year. The RX1's have a gear reduction, so while 10,000 Rs sound impressive, the output shaft isn't spinning much faster if at all than an SRX. Clutches lose their efficiency in exponential amounts once the speeds get much over 8000 rs. Secondly, the SRX can easily exceed 120 radar with very little work and a good tuner. It still wasn't as fast as a good running Mach Z, or ZRT800 for that matter. VMax 4, um no. The RX1, while very impressive, isn't cracking 120 on radar that I know of, while several other sleds already have.

#17 ·
Originally posted by wolfie@Oct 20 2004, 02:38 PM
Secondly, the SRX can easily exceed 120 radar with very little work and a good tuner.  It still wasn't as fast as a good running Mach Z, or ZRT800 for that matter.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=385300
[/quote]

OHH WERES NIGHTTRAIN WHEN YA NEED EM!? :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

#21 ·
As far as the ThunderCat, it was a good sled in its day.  However, I think a lot of the big twins that are being made now would eat it for breakfast.  I think any 800 twin would be able to handle a T-cat with relative ease.
[/quote]

You must of eaten a bad eggroll or something........

#22 ·
Actually, an RX-1 is faster than a 700 SRX.  Also, the RX-1's engine lives for high-rpm runs.  Even at 10,000 rpm that engine is just starting to hit its powerband.    Thats the reason why the SRX was dropped back in '03.
Now by "fastest" are talking top speed or a 600' run?
I witnessed many Vmax-4 owners who were unbeatable in 300' runs but who could not run with lowly sleds such as Indy 650s and RXLs on the longer runs.
[/quote]

ROTFLMAO.
What you "think" and what "is" are two different things. Opinions/thought mean sh*t in light of the facts. The 98 T-Cat is the fastest production sled ever made up until '04, hands down no debate. End of thread.

#74 · (Edited)
ROTFLMAO.
What you "think" and what "is" are two different things. Opinions/thought mean sh*t in light of the facts. The 98 T-Cat is the fastest production sled ever made up until '04, hands down no debate. End of thread.[/QUOTE]

and what in o4 was out top speeding the king?

The new Arctic Cat Z1 Turbo is the fastest stock sled ever built in my opinion. It gos about 220kph or 137mi

lmfao. yeah no. :pointlaugh:

If you call a clutched sled......still a stock sled.....then I would say the 98 T-cat is by far ( 3-5mph ) the FASTEST-mph stock sled EVER made.

I bought a dead stock 98 T-Cat last year with 4000 miles.....I made sure the engine was aligned.....I installed the clutching that I know works....and a put on a new measured stock 020 belt. I ran 3 times on the gun in a measured 2000-2100 feet distance. The studs were dull.....bent...and never sharpened.

1st run = 123.5
2nd run = 123.7
3rd run = 124.7

I figured the sled would run over 120 mph......because I have seen othe stock 98's run that before.........but was surprised it ran that fast.

If you run a further distance of 2500 -3000 feet ......and clutch the sled to spin higher rpm in a distance....a stock 98 will run 125-130mph.

In a drag race...."fastest" would depend alot on the experience of the rider....to maximise traction ......and a good overall drag set up.

From what I have seen at many radar runs........Very FEW ....true STOCK sleds (sleds that are stock ....other than clutching ) ...... in 2000 feet or less.....will even come close to 120mph on radar.

I would say Mach Z 1000'S would come second ........in the right hands,,,,but they need experienced tuners / team secondaries / and 05 programing .....to run IN THE 120'S. In stock form....the majority Mach Z's will run 114-118 mph from what I have seen.

I haven't run or seen any of the new "so called worlds fastest sleds"......run yet ....(The CFR1000 and Z1-Turbo)...........but I will soon. :)
exactly .....

Come to michigan...there a few tcats around here to satisfy your needs:thumbsup:
damn skippy... come to the murder mitten and get your wig split by tcats in every town on your way to the u.p.

Well put:thumbsup:
Its always funny how people think.....
Lets see a srx beating a tcat, hmmmmm. 300 less ccs and probalby 35 less hp and no where near the torque.
Now if i was to say that i had a 400 cc sled, with 100 hp, and was lighter, that would mean i would eat that SRX ....correct? :roflmao:
Take a 130 hp sled and add pipes for 10 hp, and clutch it ,and you have a monster ...wrong.You have a fast sled, but by no means the fastest sled ever built.

Why am i posting on such an old thread ? just noticed it:dunno:

srx was a quicker 660 sled no argument... tcat was the THE top end sled to beat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.