Hardcore Sledder banner

SRX 600 Top Speed

34K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  C-notesnopro 
#1 ·
How fast is a stock SRX600? Did they have round slide carbs and triple pipes? thanx.

#8 ·
I've radared a 98 SRX 600 that as far as I know was stock except for an mbrp can...and it was in poor condition...but it ran 106. That was on a warm day but on ice with maybe an inch of fluff. Racingchick224 might be the best one to ask..she races one.

#12 ·
109 mph on radar with a .92 track, 144 studs & clutched to run at 8400 rpm. I owned a 98 & a 99 600 SRX & raced em both. 98 was ported but I never did any radar runs with it. When set up right these sleds haul.

#15 ·
I've radared a 98 SRX 600 that as far as I know was stock except for an mbrp can...and it was in poor condition...but it ran 106. That was on a warm day but on ice with maybe an inch of fluff. Racingchick224 might be the best one to ask..she races one.[/b]
I've held mine wide open for 2000 feet on an icy road.. speedo was against the bars at 120.. obviously way too fast. I'd guess I was doing 105.. and that was pure pure stock.. few weeks after we got it.. even had a mirror on yet. :lol:

I pull 80-82 in 500 feet.. but thats obviously not gonna tell you anything. :thumbsup:

My brother races a 700 srx.

We never had ours radared in 1000 feet.. we don't do ice or anything.. all 500 foot grass drags.

All I gotta say is DON'T listen to the rumors about the 600. "Oh, they're junk, slow, never ran." BS. Pat Hauck won haydays on a 600 srx. I have 5 straight wins on mine. They run.. we were throughly surprised. :thumbsup:

#19 ·
ya but they had a single pipe right?[/b]
Yes the viper was a single pipe but it is also a 700 w/118hp!
A good working SRX600 would out run it on top end.
They weren't really a good drag sled, heavy with less than perfect transfer.
I used to run a bunch of 1/4m radar runs before I piped my 6 & there was SRX600 that won the class every time he showed up.

I have a 00 sxR600 w/ triple pipes.
I have never ran a srX6 (approx 125hp) but I think I would beat it in a drag although I doubt I would out top end one.
My sxR GPSs around 107 mph in decent conditions which reads approx 177kms on speedo.
It has never been out run by a newer 600 of any brand nor been out run by any Vipers I have come across!

#20 ·
They weren't really a good drag sled, heavy with less than perfect transfer.
I used to run a bunch of 1/4m radar runs before I piped my 6 & there was SRX600 that won the class every time he showed up.

I have a 00 sxR600 w/ triple pipes.
I have never ran a srX6 (approx 125hp) but I think I would beat it in a drag although I doubt I would out top end one.
My sxR GPSs around 107 mph in decent conditions which reads approx 177kms on speedo.
It has never been out run by a newer 600 of any brand nor been out run by any Vipers I have come across![/b]
The SRX 600? Bullshit! God they might be heavy, but thats what they have the multi piped class for. My srx transfers like an angel. You just need someone that knows what they are doing, like my brother. He has my srx flying.. and his 700 srx. Hauck had an srx 600, won haydays with it multiple times.

I beat an SXR with an SRX 700 motor in it. .with my 600. Never say never.

#21 ·
I've held mine wide open for 2000 feet on an icy road.. speedo was against the bars at 120.. obviously way too fast. I'd guess I was doing 105.. and that was pure pure stock.. few weeks after we got it.. even had a mirror on yet. :lol:
I pull 80-82 in 500 feet.. but thats obviously not gonna tell you anything. :thumbsup:

My brother races a 700 srx.

We never had ours radared in 1000 feet.. we don't do ice or anything.. all 500 foot grass drags.

All I gotta say is DON'T listen to the rumors about the 600. "Oh, they're junk, slow, never ran." BS. Pat Hauck won haydays on a 600 srx. I have 5 straight wins on mine. They run.. we were throughly surprised. :thumbsup:[/b]
Just ran my 00 srx 700 today i ran 107.1 in 1000 ft

#22 ·
Just ran my 00 srx 700 today i ran 107.1 in 1000 ft[/b]

Thats what I like to hear. Keep the blue bombers alive! back in my 7's day it would run
104 or 5 in 1000ft but i think it was geared too low. It ran out of gear too quick.
After it was run on the MSRF circuit (660ft) we tried it just for kicks in a
local 660 drag/radar run weekend, and it ran 106 without changing gearing...
i know, its messed up. Maybe the radar was off a little. But it was still a lot of fun mopping up
every class in the drags and then actually being able to compete in the 1000ft runs.

I better stop dreaming about the old days... But there once was a time when SRX's were very much
so competitors.

This is Mcguires Motorsports Improver. My sled (the stocker) was a world record holder. I'm not
sure if it still is, but it ran consistently in high 6.4et's and was completely legal.

#23 ·
Thats what I like to hear. Keep the blue bombers alive! back in my 7's day it would run
104 or 5 in 1000ft but i think it was geared too low. It ran out of gear too quick.
After it was run on the MSRF circuit (660ft) we tried it just for kicks in a
local 660 drag/radar run weekend, and it ran 106 without changing gearing...
i know, its messed up. Maybe the radar was off a little. But it was still a lot of fun mopping up
every class in the drags and then actually being able to compete in the 1000ft runs.

I better stop dreaming about the old days... But there once was a time when SRX's were very much
so competitors.

This is Mcguires Motorsports Improver. My sled (the stocker) was a world record holder. I'm not
sure if it still is, but it ran consistently in high 6.4et's and was completely legal.[/b]

I really can't see 106 in 660 without some very serious mods,, in stock form they don't go well,, guy had one here and in 1000ft run I could hold him off with my ZR 500 untill he started to really get into the clutching and susp....he was also studded ,,I wasn't .. R2R

#24 ·

It has never been out run by a newer 600 of any brand nor been out run by any Vipers I have come across![/b]
:yelrotflmao:

Yah and a "good working SRX600" will also beat a SRX600. Try comparing a tuned sled with a tuned sled.
My clucthed Viper ran a 114 in 3000' last year.

#25 ·
I really can't see 106 in 660 without some very serious mods,, in stock form they don't go well,, guy had one here and in 1000ft run I could hold him off with my ZR 500 untill he started to really get into the clutching and susp....he was also studded ,,I wasn't .. R2R[/b]

I said 106 in 1000ft. radar run.... 106 in 660 would definitly set some recods

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.