Hardcore Sledder banner

SRX 600 Top Speed

34K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  C-notesnopro 
#1 ·
How fast is a stock SRX600? Did they have round slide carbs and triple pipes? thanx.

#27 ·
So it wasnt exceptional in its class like the SRX700 was?[/b]
MSGDRA team #252 Clint Lee of Clio, Mi pretty much dominated in 1998, he had to tear down for so many protests where other team owners lost money on it wasn't even funny,, kind of makes me wonder why they dropped it's production

109 mph on radar with a .92 track, 144 studs & clutched to run at 8400 rpm. I owned a 98 & a 99 600 SRX & raced em both. 98 was ported but I never did any radar runs with it. When set up right these sleds haul.[/b]
Gospel,, yes they do

Thats what I like to hear. Keep the blue bombers alive! back in my 7's day it would run
104 or 5 in 1000ft but i think it was geared too low. It ran out of gear too quick.
After it was run on the MSRF circuit (660ft) we tried it just for kicks in a
local 660 drag/radar run weekend, and it ran 106 without changing gearing...
</span>
i know, its messed up. Maybe the radar was off a little. But it was still a lot of fun mopping up
every class in the drags and then actually being able to compete in the 1000ft runs.

I better stop dreaming about the old days... But there once was a time when SRX's were very much
so competitors.

This is Mcguires Motorsports Improver. My sled (the stocker) was a world record holder. I'm not
sure if it still is, but it ran consistently in high 6.4et's and was completely legal.[/b]

<div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE(ready2race @ Feb 27 2008, 10:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=3710820<div class=\'quotemain\'>I really can't see 106 in 660 without some very serious mods,, in stock form they don't go well,, guy had one here and in 1000ft run I could hold him off with my ZR 500 untill he started to really get into the clutching and susp....he was also studded ,,I wasn't .. R2R[/b][/quote]500' runs 4 weeks ago, 700 SRX was 77.1 mph

<div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE(ready2race @ Feb 29 2008, 03:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=3721994<div class=\'quotemain\'>I guess I'm reading it wrong but it sure looks like you said we run it at a local drag race in 660 for kicks and it run 106.....R2R[/b][/quote]See 2 posts above<span style="color:#0000FF"> in blue highlighting
, we both must be wrong, that's how it is listed :beer_cheers:

#28 ·
MSGDRA team #252 Clint Lee of Clio, Mi pretty much dominated in 1998, he had to tear down for so many protests where other team owners lost money on it wasn't even funny,, kind of makes me wonder why they dropped it's production

Gospel,, yes they do
500' runs 4 weeks ago, 700 SRX was 77.1 mph
See 2 posts above in blue highlighting, we both must be wrong, that's how it is listed :beer_cheers:[/b]

:thumbsup: :beer_cheers: R2R

#29 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.