Hardcore Sledder banner

Need help identifying year with Vin#

23K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  snowflier 
#1 ·
Need help on what year this sled is been to 2 locale Yamaha shops one guy said it was a 2001 sx 700 the other said 1997 700 vmax IM leaning to 97 my self.
But need to know for sure as the belts aren’t the same and I want get this thing registered so the wife can ride with me if we ever get snow.
VIN# off the tunnel is 8CH-000000 not rely all 0 but not sure if it a good ideal list real VIN on a unregistered sled.
Sled is a 700 but someone has removed all the sticker on the hood and tunnel
Help!!!!!

#8 ·
Thanks for your help on this. I sill can’t believe the dealers cant decode the VIN#.
I finally caught up with a buddy of mine who was a sled tech and he told me to track down the tag
On the wire harness as it also was the mfd on it date is 7-96 so I was right it a 97
Thanks
Joe

#11 ·
Wait just one minute. If I read that right You just got this sled with no registration and all the stickers were removed by "somebody" who never registered it and it doesn't have the right # of #'s in the VIN # for the year it should be???
Does that sound bad to anyone else? :wtf:

One of my old legally aquired sleds had a mistake on the VIN # (from the factory) and that was a nightmare getting that cleared up. I had to get a rubbing off the tunnel and fax that from the dealer to the DMV (twice) before they decided MY sled wasn't stolen...
I have learned to Always get the registration and double check those #'s

Good Luck
I hope you have the name of the "somebody" you got it from, You might need it..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.