Hardcore Sledder banner

2018 Yamaha sleds

20K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  snowmachine 
#1 ·
So I wonder what Yamaha has planned for new sleds for the next year--as this is their anniversary year!
When is their unveiling date?

#3 ·
That would be nice.....I would settle for a DI 2-Stroke.

#20 · (Edited)
It looks like SnoWest let the cat out of the bag but early this year. Woops! And even the Totally Yamaha site is shut down!

2018 marks the 50th Anniversary for Yamaha snowmobiles. To celebrate this great accomplishment, Yamaha is coming out with some very cool stuff. First off, the Sidewinder lineup gets a huge expansion. From 153” track options, to a revised chassis similar to it’s Arctic Cat sibling. Second, is the return of the Yamaha SnoScoot. Although, we won’t focus too much on the trail side of Yamaha’s lineup, we will note that this 50th Anniversary also marks the end of the iconic Apex which will remain an iconic sled for both trail and mountain riders. And last but not least, some models will be available with special 50th Anniversary graphics.

Below is a list of all the graphics packages for the 2018 Mountain Lineup.

Updates for the Sidewinder include:

FOX QS3/QSL shocks
Narrowed running boards
Drop and roll chain case
New intake venting with pre filter
8 tooth drive sprockets
Yamaha splurged on the handling department for 2018. The LE models come standard with FOX QS3 shocks up front and a QSL shock out back. The QS3 shocks are some of the nicest shocks available on the market today. A simple lever changes the stiffness of the shock from 1 (soft) , 2 (medium), or 3 (hard). This makes for a very user friendly method of shock tuning. It’s almost like having three shocks in one. The QSL has a “lockout” feature to improve climbing capabilities. This technology derived from the high end mountain bike industry.

The Sidewinder’s running boards have been narrowed up to allow the sled to navigate steep terrain with more control. They will be receiving a drop and rolled chain case with 8 tooth drivers for extra clearance and a much improved approach angle to aid the sled in climbing on top of the snow. We noticed a huge improvement with these little changes in our test rides. Each model in the lineup will share all these updates, even the base model MT-X.

For more info on the return of the SnoScoot, click here.

#21 ·
It looks like SnoWest let the cat out of the bag but early this year. Woops! And even the Totally Yamaha site is shut down!

2018 marks the 50th Anniversary for Yamaha snowmobiles. To celebrate this great accomplishment, Yamaha is coming out with some very cool stuff. First off, the Sidewinder lineup gets a huge expansion. From 153” track options, to a revised chassis similar to it’s Arctic Cat sibling. Second, is the return of the Yamaha SnoScoot. Although, we won’t focus too much on the trail side of Yamaha’s lineup, we will note that this 50th Anniversary also marks the end of the iconic Apex which will remain an iconic sled for both trail and mountain riders. And last but not least, some models will be available with special 50th Anniversary graphics.

Below is a list of all the graphics packages for the 2018 Mountain Lineup.

Updates for the Sidewinder include:

FOX QS3/QSL shocks
Narrowed running boards
Drop and roll chain case
New intake venting with pre filter
8 tooth drive sprockets
Yamaha splurged on the handling department for 2018. The LE models come standard with FOX QS3 shocks up front and a QSL shock out back. The QS3 shocks are some of the nicest shocks available on the market today. A simple lever changes the stiffness of the shock from 1 (soft) , 2 (medium), or 3 (hard). This makes for a very user friendly method of shock tuning. It’s almost like having three shocks in one. The QSL has a “lockout” feature to improve climbing capabilities. This technology derived from the high end mountain bike industry.

The Sidewinder’s running boards have been narrowed up to allow the sled to navigate steep terrain with more control. They will be receiving a drop and rolled chain case with 8 tooth drivers for extra clearance and a much improved approach angle to aid the sled in climbing on top of the snow. We noticed a huge improvement with these little changes in our test rides. Each model in the lineup will share all these updates, even the base model MT-X.

For more info on the return of the SnoScoot, click here.
:yawn: Ho Hum, Don't even need to see the trail side! Pretty much what I expected! Why doesn't Yamaha quit jerking us around and just admit it!! ""We are no longer a sled manufacturer but simply an engine supplier to Arctic Cat"":bigfinger: So basically you can get your Pro-Cross chassis with either a Arctic Cat or Yamaha snow flap! :cry: Oh' well another year closer to getting vintage tags for my Attak GT. Also, must be Yamaha's way of creating hype and drama! ""LETS SHUT DOWN T.Y. THE DAY OF OUR RELEASE""! And we questioned the move to Toronto! :stirthepot: Anybody know when the release date is for the 2019 sleds? :laff:

#23 ·
HUH/? Yamacat lineup? you mean those Arctic Cats that get motors installed in them at the Arctic Cat plant. See the post below, pretty much sums it up.

:yawn: Ho Hum, Don't even need to see the trail side! Pretty much what I expected! Why doesn't Yamaha quit jerking us around and just admit it!! ""We are no longer a sled manufacturer but simply an engine supplier to Arctic Cat"":bigfinger: So basically you can get your Pro-Cross chassis with either a Arctic Cat or Yamaha snow flap! :cry: Oh' well another year closer to getting vintage tags for my Attak GT. Also, must be Yamaha's way of creating hype and drama! ""LETS SHUT DOWN T.Y. THE DAY OF OUR RELEASE""! And we questioned the move to Toronto! :stirthepot: Anybody know when the release date is for the 2019 sleds? :laff:
If you were waiting years for a new Apex I think Yamaha just decided your hope isn't worth it. "Apex is back "Wow" ? Wow what? Wow because they didn't listen to their customer base? Agreed with the post by VooDoo Child, What looks pretty dam good?, The Arctic Cat styling? Or the Yamaha stickers and snowflap? Or are we still going to say all they have to do is put a Yamaha Clutch in it and it makes it a Yamaha. I think we're done with that. I think that train left a long time ago. I think textron needs to let Yamaha out of it's contract and make their own engines and put them in THEIR sleds and Yamaha needs to make it's engines and put them in there own designs and enough with this half breed stuff calling them Yamahas.

Design them and build them all in Japan or let us all off the hook and tell us your out of the sled business all together.and be done with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.