Hardcore Sledder banner

Apex VS Attack or Vector VS Nytro differences

17K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  OldViperRider 
#1 ·
This may be a stupid question but what make the difference between the Apex and the Attack or the Vector VS the Nytro?

The Apex and Attack have the 4 cylinder 998CC so is the difference styling and track length?

The Vector and Nytro are both 3 cyclinder 973cc sleds so is the difference styling and track length?

I am just curious but kind of ill informed as I live in Wyoming where the mountain sleds are mostly what everyone has and carries so you never see the Attack, Nytro, or Rage unless it is a rental. It is always a Vector or Apex. So I was curious of the differences. Seems as though the flatlanders prefer the Attack over the Apex and the Nytro over the Vector but where I live it is just opposite.

Can anyone shed some light on this in a simple form. I browsed the Yamaha website to try and figure which sleds are in the same class with each other and the most significant differences which set them apart but I don't get why there arn't just a bunch of different models or Apex and Vectors?

#3 ·
Because the Attak has a longer track, it rides smoother over bumps and that's why some people prefer it over the Apex. Hope this helps, it's pretty complicated...

RS Vector: Regular shocks. Pro Active Rear Suspension. NO REVERSE, No DC Outlet
RS Vector ER: Regular Shocks. Monoshock RA rear suspension
RS Vector GT: GYT-R Clicker Shocks. Monoshock RA Rear Suspension
Nytro: Fox Float Shocks. Pro Active CK Rear Suspension. Higher seat, raised forward handlebars, low windshield, geared lower, Rough trail sled
RS Rage: Same as RS Vector ER except 136" track
RS Rage GT: Same as RS Vector GT except 136" track

Apex ER: Regular shocks. Monoshock RA rear suspension
Apex RTX: Fox Float shocks. Pro Active CK rear suspension, low windshield, handguards, rough trail sled
Apex GT: GYT-R Clickers shocks. Monoshock EC rear suspension with Ohlins electronic rear shock
Attak: same as Apex ER except 136" track
Attak GT: same as Apex GT except 136" track.

#4 ·
Thanks Ruff Rider. That is the info I was looking for. As far as your comment about people picking the attack over the Apex, they havn't looked into the Apex Mountain have they. 162" track.

One more piece you may know. What are the engine difference between them?

#5 ·
The Apex mountain wouldnt make a very good trail sled, the lugs are too tall.
Most people go for the Attak over the Apex because it rides smoother and has more straightline traction. The Attak doesnt seem to suffer in the cornering department either, which is kinda strange. Youd think it would push like a dumptruck, but it doesnt. :dunno:

#6 ·
............... The Attak doesnt seem to suffer in the cornering department either, which is kinda strange. Youd think it would push like a dumptruck, but it doesnt. :dunno:[/b]
I tend to disagree. :frech32: The STOCK Attak does push in the corners and is not as nimble as the Apex unless you don't stud it and you add more carbide up front. It all depends on where and how you want to ride. :banana:

If you don't studd the track, then you should put a little more carbide up front. :div20: If you do stud it, then put much more carbide up front. :div20: :div20:

I have an Apex and I added 8" dual carbides up front with 144 studs in the track. :banana: If you stud the Attak you will need at least 8" of carbide up front so it turns when you want want it to. :div20: That long track wants to keep the sled going in the same direction that it is headed.

In any event, the longer track does give you a much better trail ride when the conditions are bumpy. :div20:

Now, I must tell you that I like over-steer in my cars and my sleds. :div20: It allows me to correct much more rapidly than a vehicle that under-steers. :div20:

Mark :beerchug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.