Hardcore Sledder banner

Very good info on 800 crank failures

206K views 118 replies 72 participants last post by  Lexuslover 
#1 ·
Alot of you may find this very helpful/useful in understanding your crank/case problems, and how the tough boy kits and those ebay kits are in fact more of a band-aid rather than a solution:

Snowest Topic from Indydan

#10 ·
wow, every time i read something from dan, i think man i shoulda pulled my engine to have him look at it. well, theres always next year right.

#13 ·
Alot of you may find this very helpful/useful in understanding your crank/case problems, and how the tough boy kits and those ebay kits are in fact more of a band-aid rather than a solution:

Snowest Topic from Indydan[/b]
That guy knows his chit. He is very knowledgeable.

#15 ·
How popular were the 800's for this? I am planing on looking at a 03 800 Vertical Edge RMK snow check edition this week with a little over 1000 miles on it. Should this be something to worry about guys?[/b]
Yes, it will be something to look at as it happens to all years of 800 twins.

#18 ·
Just an FYI... the snowest forum has moved. I believe that they are keeping the old one open for 3 months, and beyond that I don't know if they intend to archive it or if it's being removed. Hopefully it's being archived so that the data isn't lost, but incase it's not, somebody may want to copy the relevant info out of that thread into this one so that it won't be lost.

#19 ·
Guys:

Question - Is IndyDan a member here?? If not - get him over here![/b]

Hello Everyone!!! :D A customer called me Monday and asked me if I had ever been over at Hardcoresledder........... I said no I had not, he mentioned I should check it out. I don't know his name on here but over at Snowest he is PolarisBob

So here I am, Very nice forum.

I have not had time to surf around much and check things out but so far it looks great LOTS of People here!!! Great to see.

I have always leaned towards the mountain side of things, Now I am just to old and fat to keep up out there with all the young bucks I.E. better riders!!!! :cry:

#20 ·
Hello Everyone!!! :D A customer called me Monday and asked me if I had ever been over at Hardcoresledder........... I said no I had not, he mentioned I should check it out. I don't know his name on here but over at Snowest he is PolarisBob

I have not had time to surf around much and check things out but so far it looks great LOTS of People here!!! Great to see.

I have always leaned towards the mountain side of things, Now I am just to old and fat to keep up out there with all the young bucks I.E. better riders!!!! :cry:[/b]
9:06AM and no questions yet. :schild27:

#22 ·
Dan, so what do I have to be conserend with? Sorry I'm new. I see all this talk and it scares me a little. Is my sled going to blow up? I have a 2004 800 switchback. I did the reading, but it really doesn't say what is happening.
I've had no problems with mine. It runs really good. But I have less then 1,000 miles on it.
My buddy has the same sled and has over 5,000 miles on his. Hes had no problems.
Is it every 800? or just a few?
I bought mine from XLT Performance (XLT Engineering) So if you know them you know Polaris, maybe you know they race for Pro5.
So if its a problem, I need to get it back to there shop and have it looked it. This year was going to be a HUGE riding season for me. Now I'm scared to go anywhere.

#24 ·

I have always leaned toward the mountain side of things, Now I am just to old and fat to keep up out there with all the young bucks I.E. better riders!!!! :cry:[/b]
Welcome aboard Danno! Its good to see you make it here finally!!

Theres lots of great guys and gals here and we can always use a guy of your talents to help out us "less than godly" wrench turners that are here!! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.