Hardcore Sledder banner

Good clutch set up for 2003 xcsp 700 with pipe

983 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  lid 
#1 · (Edited)
need help on clutching

Hey everyone I am new to this forum but I am always browsing the good info here. I looked through the older threads and could not find anything. ( Maybe is just me ). I live in New Brunswick, Canada and I just bought a 2003 xcsp 700 with 5000miles. I read through the threads and bought a clutch set up for non piped. Now I going to get a SLP single with a tempaflow. Currently I have 10-64 weights and a almond\blue primary with a blue orange secondary and a r12 helix with 24-42 gears. Should I change out the 10-64's for 10-66 weights with the pipe? Also do I need to change the spring choices as well? Thanks for your help. I have not had a sled for almost 15 years so I am really out of the loop.:dunno:

#2 ·
I'd start with 66 gram weights and go from there.

also, the blue/orange sec spring sounds stiffer than neccesary for the R12, usually the stock silver/blue is enough. Alternatives are EPI purple, similar to silver/blue and EPI orange, slightly stiffer than the sil/blue

Also, with the pipe, jetting to SLP's lowland specs will probably be way rich, most end up with close to stock jetting (but, starting rich and watching plugs/wash is a good idea, sleds react differently)

#4 ·
I see you have a xcr 800. I could have got one instead of mine but I heard it was not the best for all round use. I guess because they are 50lbs or so heavier. Man I do love the look of them though. I just didn't really want to dig it out of a drift as I will be riding by myself. lol

#8 ·
as Austin suggests, work on clutching etc first.

XCR sure is a nice sled, I got the wide open trails here for which it shines, so not too much digging :) For playing around a 700 should be a better choice

#9 ·
I used to have a 02 xc700. Had slp airbox mod, vforce reeds, slp pipe, slp cheater head, torque arm and push arm, slp plug wires. Dont remember exact clutching but I used 10-64 weights. Used 540 main jets. This sled ran awsome! Was super reliable, never even fouled a plug with this setup. Ran the same plugs for 3.5 seasons. Just put oil and gas in it.

#10 ·
Leave that pipe off. It doesn't creAte enough internal heat it has no internal stinger it Shows some power I the dyno but is trash in real world. Guys will say it works but that's only because they are improving clutching with it. That single pipe is a dyno queen. Throw it the f out. And work around stock pipe. That slp single is junk. I do to care how many guys say it's good they are being fooled buy the tuning around it. That pipe flat out sucks.

#11 ·
I can't even take it I'm losing my mind lol Over this your a
Sled be faster without that pos pipe. That thing is total smoke and mirrors. It shows some power if you string it wAy out I the dyno long enough to get it hot then pushing the power curve up. I have been round and found with that pipe and tons of guys using it. The stock pipe is better. Anybody that says it's not has not spent the time with sto k pipe so they think that other one is better. Slp does make so e really good pipes this one us bullshit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.