Hardcore Sledder banner

Plug Help!

1K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  AUSTIN351 
#1 ·
Hi there

Iam new to this forum so first off id like to intro myself, my name is barry, im located in Oshawa Ontario, just bought my first sled

Now my question

I have a 2002 XC SP Edge 600 and I want to know what is the best pug to run, the machine is completely stock. Also would like to know what fuel I can run and what is the best!

Thanks!

#5 ·
When it comes to the "KEY" position im un aware of what that means for fuel

as for plugs I know NGK makes a better plug then Champion however I just want to make sure I use the best stuff. anymore help or input will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Barry

#6 ·
When it comes to the "KEY" position im un aware of what that means for fuel

as for plugs I know NGK makes a better plug then Champion however I just want to make sure I use the best stuff. anymore help or input will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Barry[/QUOTE NGK does not make a better plug than the champions for this motor. Thats a lot of b.s. The champions were specifically made for the heat range of this motor and as a crucial part of the digital ignition system. As far as fuel switch...leave it on regular and run the mid grade stuff (89) as much as possible when trail riding.

#9 ·
you can run premium. the key switch in the premium fuel setting advances the timing 2 degrees.so if you are running 87/89 then it should be in the regular setting. the sled will be 5 mph faster in the premium mode. maybe? in testing this on a 500xcsp the premium sled was always a length or so ahead of the same sled with regular in it.

never had a issue with either spark plug. and everyone is correct the heat range of that champion plug best fit that motor.

#10 ·
5 mph faster in the premium mode....that is wishful thinking....we dynoed both fuel modes on the 600 really not that big of a difference 2-3 hp. Some sleds we tested there wasn't really any. As far as the champions vs. ngk, its still my opinion the champions are better in a lot of polaris sleds....maybe as said the ngk work better in others. Just depends when the engine was tuned what plugs the manufacture was using.

#11 ·
I appreciate all your guys input, I have a victory bike to and put champs in it.

Iam gonna run the champs and premium fuel 91 or better on the premium selection.

That sound about right?

The only reason I asked was 2 strokes can be finiky and wanted to see what everyone was running

thanks so much!

Barry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.