Hardcore Sledder banner

Clutch removal tool

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  HoosierFusion 
#1 ·
I would like to remove the clutch off my Fusion 600 this weekend, and I don't have a clutch tool or have time to have one shipped before then. Is there any way to pull the clutch without a clutch tool? Can you buy something that would work at Harbor Freight, Menards, etc.?

#9 ·
Why would you buy a different bolt? These things really are not that complicated. Bought all the tools to disassemble mine at Menards for about 6 bucks. And I'm pretty funny about how my sled gets worked on. But I'm not buying a bolt and a nut compression device for $100 because somebody spray painted it. Just find a video of your clutch disassembly and take your time. Ughhh, mine was nasty this year too!

Sent from Snowmobile.com App

#14 ·
can not pull the clutch off a cat, Polaris, or Yamaha with the cutch bolt that holds the clutch on the sled. that will only work on ski-doo's that have a tra clutch on it. as the stock bolt threads into the clutch for a bit before it runs out of thread to hold it to the crank. this is so you can use the bolt to separate the outer portion of a tra clutch, either taper fit or older splined ones. on a Polaris you would need a puller or like too slow said a longer bolt that matches the PULLER THREADS.

#18 ·
can not pull the clutch off a cat, Polaris, or Yamaha with the cutch bolt that holds the clutch on the sled. that will only work on ski-doo's that have a tra clutch on it. as the stock bolt threads into the clutch for a bit before it runs out of thread to hold it to the crank. this is so you can use the bolt to separate the outer portion of a tra clutch, either taper fit or older splined ones. on a Polaris you would need a puller or like too slow said a longer bolt that matches the PULLER THREADS.
3/4-16 NF

#17 ·
Thanks Rick, I didn't feel like commenting, I'm amazed sometimes at what people try, proper tools equals proper maintenance, the proper puller is like $40, a new clutch cause u damaged it, about 10 times that

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App

Have a buddy who tried to make a clutch puller, long story short he bent his clutch bolt and had to buy a new $40 one as well as a puller. Luckily there was only minimal damage to the threads the puller screws into so only a tap was required to fix it, once we got the debris out. He has made some other tools with success so I don't blame him for trying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.