Hardcore Sledder banner

Need Help on buying 1st sled

2K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  Mickolobe7 
#1 ·
I am going to buy a 08 Polaris IQ Shift 600. I found a clean one with 6600 miles on it for $3200.00

Want to know if they are good sleds. Hope you guys can help me out and let me know the pros and cons Of the IQ.

If you think there is something better for the money let me know? Thanks New to sleds been racing MX my whole life sick of not being able to ride in the winter in the midwest.
Vehicle Snowmobile Motorsport Racing Sled

See less See more
#4 ·
No I don't know him he has no idea about snowmobiles. He traded a honda 450r 4 wheeler for it to this older guy that is the original owner. The guy that I'm buying it from never rode it. I guess the guy got the stock shock rebuilt and new bogeys. Stock everything but pipe is mbrp.

You think I should not buy something with those kind of miles on it.

#5 ·
I'd be a little careful especially since you probably don't have a real great idea of what you're looking at. Hard to take a strangers word on things like rebuilds too, unless he has receipts. What area are you looking in, because i've seen a couple recently on CL with way lower miles and at a similar price point. I actually saw this particular one on CL so I'm guessing you're in WI?

#7 ·
Get the "older guys" name and contact him to get the story on the sled. I guess I would check out his back story. How old is this older guy previous owner? I dont know too many old guys that put flames on their sleds or ride 450r 4 wheelers. I have been burned by bogus stories.

#8 ·
I agree. If the motor hasn't at least had a top done I wouldn't feel safe without doing one before the season and then what else is there? Buying used can be tough but there are also some really great buys to be had. The good deals usually don't stay around long, so have cash in hand and be ready. If it were me personally I'd look for lower miles.

#9 ·
There's a 2007 on CL Minneapolis. I'm sure that's out of your shopping area, but it has 2900 miles on it. Look at that ad though, that's more of what I'd look for if I were you. He's only asking a little more and if he'd deal at all you'd be in about the same price range. A hell of a lot less wear at that mileage. Whole sled will be tighter.

#16 ·
Thanks MTWD! You are probably right I would of put a bunch of money in it and then sold it and bought the rush and then put a bunch of money in that.

I have the sled I want know and will keep for at least 2 years or keep it and buy another one! Im already hooked and it hasn't even snowed yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.